Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

β€Ί Google Spam Update Done Rolling Out
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Spam Update Done Rolling Out

My website was hit really hard, even though there's no spam contents πŸ’€,60% traffic drop. Anyone else noticed any traffic drop in this week?

And what are you going to do, if there's a traffic drop.

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/google-rolls-out-november-2021-spam-update/425956/

Comments

• I am confused, why is the article from 2021.
    Also, the update was completed in 2021.

• @Nanja said:
    I am confused, why is the article from 2021.
    Also, the update was completed in 2021.

Wait what, i thought it was 2022, shit, πŸ’€πŸ’€

• niranjanniranjan Member
    edited October 2022

They did release an update,

https://www.seroundtable.com/google-october-2022-spam-update-rolling-out-34276.html

But the previous updates had no effect, this one affected pretty badly.

Thanked by 1ThracianDog
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited October 2022

All I can say is what is obvious to me, and should be obvious to everyone else:

The quality of web search results has declined a lot over the past two years. It was in decline several years before that. I must work much harder to find what I really want. Sometimes I cannot locate some web pages that I have seen before and I am confident are still available, but hard to locate through a search engine. The decline is not limited to Google, it has affected all search engines I have tried.

I believe we are seeing a war of attrition, and the bad guys are winning this year.

• They sent out the tweet about update in 19th of October and if you look the spam-policies page of google in archive.org it has been recorded many times in prior week.

It is their policy, they make sure that you can never find out what has changed since last update easily.

They recently did some changes to commenting system of youtube which resulted in a lot less spam. So I think user generated content is now a lot more important than before.

• No wonder an old domain of mine - Gmail is marking all emails from that domain as spam (inspite of using Mxroute for sending)

Beats me what has gone wrong - the website is now a simple redirect.

• @plumberg said:
    No wonder an old domain of mine - Gmail is marking all emails from that domain as spam (inspite of using Mxroute for sending)

You can usually get a hint why Gmail is marking it as spam. You can also mark it as not spam and jt should learn after a while.

• @TimboJones said:

@plumberg said:
    No wonder an old domain of mine - Gmail is marking all emails from that domain as spam (inspite of using Mxroute for sending)

You can usually get a hint why Gmail is marking it as spam. You can also mark it as not spam and jt should learn after a while.

The problem is my clients are suddenly seeing emails going to spam received from my domain.

It's really sickening... like there is no winning with Google on how it will suddenly penalize an old domain...

I think it said my domain has history of spam (well not spam but did not have proper dkim and spf setup, which may have been abused)... a long time ago. What am I supposed to do? Get a new domain?

I have tried some services that check whether my emails constitute spam and score. All of then say my outbound emails are perfect (thanks mxroute) and all looks good.

Beats me what to do now

• @BigDongLong said:

My graph is somewhat like thisπŸ’€, I'm literally dead inside.

• @plumberg said:

@TimboJones said:

@plumberg said:

The problem is my clients are suddenly seeing emails going to spam received from my domain.

It's really sickening... like there is no winning with Google on how it will suddenly penalize an old domain...

I think it said my domain has history of spam (well not spam but did not have proper dkim and spf setup, which may have been abused)... a long time ago. What am I supposed to do? Get a new domain?

I have tried some services that check whether my emails constitute spam and score. All of then say my outbound emails are perfect (thanks mxroute) and all looks good.

Beats me what to do now

Here are policies by Google, you wanna read and start making changes to our site, I'm doing the same.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/essentials

Thanked by 1plumberg