Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

blog hosting on cloudflare workers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

blog hosting on cloudflare workers

as i was searching for a low cost way to have a blog,i found it on the github.

mine : blog.wcyz.eu.org
(welcome to visit ,discuss part will be added in the future)

with this you can easily have your own blog even without any cost. and you don't need lots of knowledge of the program.

Unfortunately, it is build by Chinese(i get the help from my chinese friends and google to do that),and it have not been updated for 2 years, therefore,there are some bugs.
However,if you only have tight budget,even you don't want to have any money spending on it ,it still deserve a try.

So in the following days i may publish the series of instructions to build it and maybe translate the project to English.(If my procrastination do not catch me up o:) )

Comments

• for simple blogs you can use cloudflare pages

• Take a look at this new project. https://docs.astro.build/en/guides/deploy/cloudflare/
    It supports Markdown blog out of the box.
    You can deploy to Cloudflare pages. Any server side is handled by Cloudflare Worker.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited October 2022

Thanks for sharing your idea.

Your test blog worked okay for me. When I clicked on "menu" (the three bars) then "sitemap" at the bottom, raw XML was displayed in my browser.

What happened to all the free blog sites that I remember seeing in the past, but never tried. Isn't that where Wordpress got their start? Did they abandon free blog sites?

• so many static site generators already exist with an active community and regular updates. i wouldn't waste time on an old github project and instead focus on one of the new projects.

cloudflare also provides tutorials on how to do this
    https://developers.cloudflare.com/pages/framework-guides/

Thanked by 1emg
  • martheenmartheen Member
    edited October 2022

I'd prefer Cloudflare Pages, no need to worry about a broken bot hitting your blog and exhausting the free tier 100k daily request limit, it also has integrated support for Workers in the same project. That said, it might be interesting if someone start a Jamstack blogging platform that lives entirely on Cloudflare (posts & comments stored on R2, Workers handle accepting input, then they're statically rendered to Pages)

• my blog on CF pages:
    https://pages-bdd.pages.dev/

• ujiioujiio Member
    edited October 2022

@emg said:
    Thanks for sharing your idea.

Your test blog worked okay for me. When I clicked on "menu" (the three bars) then "sitemap" at the bottom, raw XML was displayed in my browser.

What happened to all the free blog sites that I remember seeing in the past, but never tried. Isn't that where Wordpress got their start? Did they abandon free blog sites?

some of them are no longer free,and i feel it interesting to have this one a try

• @quanhua92 said:
    Take a look at this new project. https://docs.astro.build/en/guides/deploy/cloudflare/
    It supports Markdown blog out of the box.
    You can deploy to Cloudflare pages. Any server side is handled by Cloudflare Worker.

oh,great ,maybe i would have a try in the future

• @frakass said:
    my blog on CF pages:
    https://pages-bdd.pages.dev/

nice one ,and it look so simple

• @crilla said:
    so many static site generators already exist with an active community and regular updates. i wouldn't waste time on an old github project and instead focus on one of the new projects.

cloudflare also provides tutorials on how to do this
    https://developers.cloudflare.com/pages/framework-guides/

good one

• @martheen said:
    I'd prefer Cloudflare Pages, no need to worry about a broken bot hitting your blog and exhausting the free tier 100k daily request limit, it also has integrated support for Workers in the same project. That said, it might be interesting if someone start a Jamstack blogging platform that lives entirely on Cloudflare (posts & comments stored on R2, Workers handle accepting input, then they're statically rendered to Pages)

you are right ,Cloudflare Pages can prevent the annoying attack.

• @ujiio You can easily include quotes from multiple posts in a single reply instead of commenting like that. :(
    @jbiloh Wonder if there is any feature to prevent doubleposting. Something like merging posts written by the same user automatically. ;)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jwg29859 said:
    @ujiio You can easily include quotes from multiple posts in a single reply instead of commenting like that. :(
    @jbiloh Wonder if there is any feature to prevent doubleposting. Something like merging posts written by the same user automatically. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into that.

• @jwg29859 said:
    @ujiio You can easily include quotes from multiple posts in a single reply instead of commenting like that. :(

i am sorry if i had disturbed you. i am new to here ,for which i didn't know that function........

• @ujiio said:

@jwg29859 said:

i am sorry if i had disturbed you. i am new to here ,for which i didn't know that function........

Never have an intention of criticizing you. I didn't know you are new one here.