Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone had experience with uaVPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone had experience with uaVPS?

WorldWorld Veteran
edited October 2022 in General

Hi community,

I've been looked for a tiny VPS located in Ukraine for a while, found a provider called uaVPS (uavps.net) offers VPS for 'low-end' price, but they seem odd.

Every time I sign up for an account or try to ask something via ticket before placing an order, I see my account disappear after a few hours - it seems they just delete it without any response.

I'm curious about it, if they are open for business, why would they delete a customer's account without justification?

By the way, if any provider here would like to offer a tiny VPS in UA for a 'low-end' price (budget: less than $1/mo, could pay annually), just let me know :smile:

Comments

• maybe a honeypot?

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Try https://www.urdn.com.ua/ , it's been rock solid for me.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @World said: By the way, if any provider here would like to offer a tiny VPS in UA for a 'low-end' price (budget: less than $1/mo, could pay annually), just let me know

Good luck with your budget, but I don't see this happening at all (not to mention that there's a war going on there, and so low-end VPSes for low-end prices are very probably not a priority at this time)

For the reference that @MannDude gave, you would need to raise your budget to $6/m

• There is hostiko for ~ $1.35, but it is ipV6 only.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

@angstrom said: (not to mention that there's a war going on there, and so low-end VPSes for low-end prices are very probably not a priority at this time)

So what do you think, while 200.000 people fight in some regions other 44.000.000 people closed their business and stopped to live?
    Situation sucks for sure, but it's not like people there don't go to work to provide for families anymore. Ukraine is huge and most DCs are still operational.

But less than $1 really isn't most realistic. Quick check (I don't have experience with these hosts)

https://ukrdc.net/en/index.html $3,74/m
    https://www.ukraine.com.ua/uk/ $3,44/m
    https://pq.hosting/en/vps-vds-ukraine-kiev €3,77/m
    https://0x2a.com.ua/en/services/vps $4/m
    https://hostiko.com.ua/en/vps#ua-e5 $1,37/m (IPv6 only)
    https://itldc.com/en/hd-vds/ $3,99/ 3 months (they provide UA services "as is", without guarantees of service availability and data safety)

Thanked by 2World titus
  • @Mumbly said: But less than $1 really isn't most realistic.

This was my point

(Thanks for the map, but I'm aware of the general situation in Ukraine. Even if the main fighting is in the east, it's still a country at war, and wasn't Kyiv attacked earlier in the week? I stand by my point that in this situation, it's hard to see how low-end VPSes at low-end prices would be a priority)

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

It's not about priority, but about to go to work (wherever's that possible) and feed family. Or do you seriously believe that this isn't priority for biggest part of the civilian population and life just stopped on 24 February 2022.
    Let me repeat it again, most DCs are still operational and people still go to work there to earn for a living. Wherever's that possible of course.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2022

@Mumbly said:
    It's not about priority, but about to go to work (wherever's that possible) and feed family. Or do you seriously believe that this isn't priority for biggest part of the civilian population and life just stopped on 24 February 2022.
    Let me repeat it again, most DCs are still operational and people still go to work there to earn for a living. Wherever's that possible of course.

I didn't say/claim otherwise

Listen, if you want to be argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative, be my guest, knock yourself out, but so far, it's not very successful. You seem intent on refuting something that I didn't say/claim

If you want to argue, you should try to make a plausibility argument for why providers in Ukraine, despite the adverse circumstances, nevertheless make it a priority to try to offer low-end VPSes at low-end prices (up to $1/m), despite the fact that the offers don't suggest this

I may be mistaken in my claim (that it's not a priority), but you won't show this by saying that people still go to work, most DCs are still operational, the main fighting is in the east, etc., none of which addresses the claim at issue

Alternatively, since we both seem to agree that a VPS for $1/m at this time in Ukraine isn't realistic, we could just stop here

• @angstrom said: VPS for $1/m at this time in Ukraine

Its not just at this time.. Even before there weren't any.

Thanked by 2angstrom Mumbly
  • @emperor said:

@angstrom said: VPS for $1/m at this time in Ukraine

This confirms my experience

I had a small low-end VPS in eastern Ukraine several years ago, and it cost significantly more than $1/m

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

@angstrom said: If you want to argue, you should try to make a plausibility argument for why providers in Ukraine, despite the adverse circumstances, nevertheless make it a priority to try to offer low-end VPSes at low-end prices (up to $1/m), despite the fact that the offers don't suggest this

You're missing the point.
    What I am saying is that the hosting offer from the UA is pretty much the same as before and your argument about war don't change much so why did you use it in the first place? My assumption is that you don't know what you're talking about but you included war component into argument just because you tryed to sound smart or something.

It's not about priority to try to offer low-end VPSes, that's completely irrelevant for argument but about priority to still go to work to run company and as a business to surive.
    I will repeat if for the third time in hope that you will finally understand: most DCs are still operational, war didn't change this (which means that your argument about war related to hosting business doesn't have sense) and people still go to work there, run same companies as before (wherever's that possible of course) to sell product and earn for a living. Yes, that's priority, because they still need to feed familes the same as before.
    Or do you assume that since war started they deleted low end plans explicitely and sell just high end plans? Plans for less than $1 aren't most realistic, but that's not because of war. They weren't realistic even before and their hosting offers are pretty much the same.

@Mumbly said:
    https://ukrdc.net/en/index.html $3,74/m
    https://www.ukraine.com.ua/uk/ $3,44/m
    https://pq.hosting/en/vps-vds-ukraine-kiev €3,77/m
    https://0x2a.com.ua/en/services/vps $4/m
    https://hostiko.com.ua/en/vps#ua-e5 $1,37/m (IPv6 only)
    https://itldc.com/en/hd-vds/ $3,99/ 3 months (they provide UA services "as is", without guarantees of service availability and data safety)

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

@angstrom said:

@emperor said:

This confirms my experience

I had a small low-end VPS in eastern Ukraine several years ago, and it cost significantly more than $1/m

That's exactly what I am saying. Only you know why you used war as an argument in their pricing which is pretty much the same as before. Cheap low end VPSes from back then still exist today (check my URLs above), but they weren't exactly $1 back then and they aren't $1 now. Using war as an argument here doesn't have much sense. Hosting market is pretty much the same as before.

• WorldWorld Veteran
    edited October 2022

@emperor said:

Not really. Actually there were some providers offered UA VPS for $1/mo ($12/yr) in the past, like NTUP, TakeWYN.

Friendhosting and uanode could be a little over $1/mo, used to be $14-15/year.

• @Mumbly said:

@angstrom said: If you want to argue, you should try to make a plausibility argument for why providers in Ukraine, despite the adverse circumstances, nevertheless make it a priority to try to offer low-end VPSes at low-end prices (up to $1/m), despite the fact that the offers don't suggest this

You're missing the point.

No, I'm not

What I am saying is that the hosting offer from the UA is pretty much the same as before and your argument about war don't change much so why did you use it in the first place?

Do you say this in your first reply above? No, you didn't say this at all in your reply

You added this point only later

In your first reply above, you mentioned other things that have nothing special to do with what I said

What I originally wrote was (from my first post above):

Good luck with your budget, but I don't see this happening at all (not to mention that there's a war going on there, and so low-end VPSes for low-end prices are very probably not a priority at this time)

You seem to agree with this, but now you add -- which you didn't say in your first reply -- that it wasn't a priority before the war either

Fine. I agree. But this doesn't contradict what I wrote. I didn't say anything about the pre-war situation. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with my mentioning the war as one reason (out of perhaps a number of reasons) why low-end VPSes for low-end prices are very probably not a priority at this time

It would have been sufficient for you to have said -- as @emperor said -- that low-end VPSes for low-end prices didn't seem to be a priority before the war either. (Again, I agree with this, but this doesn't mean that the war is an irrelevant factor. It just means that there are also other factors at play)

But no, apparently, this would have been too on-topic for you. Instead, why not post a map of Ukraine (!) and talk about people going to work, most DAs being functional, etc., none of which addressed what I said

And then when I call you out, you suddenly say something that you didn't say in your original reply

Right. Better luck next time

• @World said: Actually there were some providers offered UA VPS for $1/mo ($12/yr) in the past, like NTUP, TakeWYN.

I used to have a VPS at TakeWYN. I don't recall that they offered a VPS for $1/m (otherwise I very probably would have bought one!), but perhaps they did offer a VPS for $1/m at some point ... but if they did, it was at least several years ago

• @angstrom said:

@World said: Actually there were some providers offered UA VPS for $1/mo ($12/yr) in the past, like NTUP, TakeWYN.

I used to have a VPS at TakeWYN. I don't recall that they offered a VPS for $1/m (otherwise I very probably would have bought one!), but perhaps they did offer a VPS for $1/m at some point ... but if they did, it was at least several years ago

In 2017, 5 years ago.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited October 2022

I noticed @hostiko on LowEndTalk. I started the process of signing up for a Hostiko VPS in Kyiv.

The offering I chose is small (1 core, 1 Gbyte RAM) with an internet connection running at 200 mbits/sec (no total monthly "bandwidth" specified). Their basic "UA-0" VPS with IPv4 is $2.67 per month, $1.33 for IPv6-only. Both are higher than your requested budget. If you are still interested, click on Location: Kyiv and Series: "Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4". Here is the link:

https://hostiko.com.ua/en/vps#ua-e5

I started a thread on LowEndTalk to ask for advice about which payment option to choose:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181929/signing-up-for-servers-would-you-pay-with-fondy-or-liqpay

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • WorldWorld Veteran
    edited October 2022

@emg said:
    I noticed @hostiko on LowEndTalk. I started the process of signing up for a Hostiko VPS in Kyiv.

The offering I chose is small (1 core, 1 Gbyte RAM) with an internet connection running at 200 mbits/sec (no total monthly "bandwidth" specified). Their basic "UA-0" VPS with IPv4 is $2.67 per month, $1.33 for IPv6-only. Both are higher than your requested budget. If you are still interested, click on Location: Kyiv and Series: "Intel Xeon E5-2680 v4". Here is the link:

https://hostiko.com.ua/en/vps#ua-e5

I started a thread on LowEndTalk to ask for advice about which payment option to choose:

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181929/signing-up-for-servers-would-you-pay-with-fondy-or-liqpay

I know them, but for a IPv6-only VPS, it's not worth me to pay such amount, which you can check NAT VPS prices for reference. But anyway, thanks for the info :smile:

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

@angstrom said: Do you say this in your first reply above? No, you didn't say this at all in your reply

I was clear from the beginning that you're bullshiting with bringing war into the argument of looking for low end VPSes like this would be some factor he don't know about which considerably changed current low end vps market in UA and I am still saying that. It's just that you need to be told in several different ways to finally get it. Or don't. Anyway, it is what it is now, have a nice day.

• @Mumbly said:

@angstrom said: Do you say this in your first reply above? No, you didn't say this at all in your reply

I was clear from the beginning that you're bullshiting with bringing war into the argument of looking for low end VPSes like this would be some factor he don't know about which considerably changed current low end vps market in UA and I am still saying that. It's just that you need to be told in several different ways to finally get it. Or don't.

I wasn't bullshitting at all, and I find it presumptuous of you to insist that I was bullshitting without the slightest argument for your view

You appear to have a knee-jerk reaction if someone mentions the war in connection with VPSes in Ukraine. Or you're projecting some view onto me. Or you're just generally argumentative with everyone about everything. I can't tell which is the case -- perhaps all three are the case

I stand by what I said, which I didn't even intend to be controversial. And the absurdity in all of this is you even seem to agree with what I said

I wasn't trying to give an exhaustive analysis of why there aren't low-end VPSes at low-end prices in Ukraine at this time (but this would have been clear to any normal reader, based on what I wrote). I simply mentioned the war situation as a factor that to my mind would very probably not make low-end VPSes at low-end prices in Ukraine a priority at this time

I may be mistaken about what I said, but even if I'm mistaken, it doesn't follow that I was bullshitting. And even if I'm mistaken about what I said, there's not a single word that you wrote that would even remotely show this (especially given that most of what you wrote didn't even address what I said)

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited October 2022

@angstrom said: I find it presumptuous of you to insist that I was bullshitting without the slightest argument for your view

And yet you're responding to my arguments. What a patronizing hypocrite :)

@angstrom said: You appear to have a knee-jerk reaction if someone mentions the war in connection with VPSes in Ukraine.

Perfect example of making up argument just to prove your own point. There's no need to do that if you want to be taken serious in discussion, you know.
    I don't even contribute in UA-RU thread, I responded to your bullshitting solely but things sadly blew out of proportion after. And you did it again. Because it's obviously something wrong with the other person if it call you out for your bullshitting on the forum, right? :)

@angstrom said: I simply mentioned the war situation as a factor that to my mind would very probably not make low-end VPSes at low-end prices in Ukraine a priority at this time

Priority to whom? To potential people with business model to offer low-end VPSes? Well that's exactly their priority if that's part of their livelihood. You won't believe but despite the war people still go out at work, to run theis bussiness, etc to earn a living.

I believe that with quoted current low end VPS prices above which are pretty much the same as before war I proved that war didn't drastically affected UA low end vps market and civilian population still do this what they did it before war (where they can of course) to feed families.

Now, Ok, I understand, your ego is hurt and you have need to have the last word, so lets have it and I need to catch some sun today anyway, but please don't put words in my mouth and patronize me, because there's really no need for that.

• @Mumbly is right and was just saying how it is.

• titustitus Member
    edited October 2022

@World

I have the very same experience with uavps.net (uaVPS). I found their website some month ago, and I wanted to take a look. Created an account without order (with valid data, of course). I verified my email after the signup process. After a day I was not able to login into my account. I was curious. After 1-2 day I tried to register again, and started to order this 'promo VPS'. I tried to pay with PayPal, but PayPal has been refused my transaction with this error message: "This transaction has been declined in accordance with applicable international laws." (I never seen before the same or similar error message from PayPal). I'm from EU country. After that I opened a ticket with them to ask for a solution, or if they can't provide a solution, asked them to cancel my order (not my account!). Next day I was not able to login into my account :D :/ I never got any answer to my ticket too. I think, it's completely unreliable "company".

I have an old promo VM from ITLDC (UA DC) many years without major problems. It's reliable for me. I not experienced any outages since this war situation started. I can recommend them... but in the last month I faced some strange anomaly with them too. I paid before in EUR, but they changed the currency to USD. Stripe gateway has been disappeared from their payment methods, I was able to pay with PayPal only. My VM's price has been increased and billed a 'payment gateway fee' too. (I never received any email, or other notification from them about this changes), but little later found this: https://itldc.com/en/blog/price-adjustments-for-selected-services/

Thanked by 1World
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited October 2022

I am ignoring the unrelated discussions above:

I will state that I expected prices to be higher for a VPS in Ukraine than comparable VPSs elsewhere. It felt that way to me while I was looking at Ukraine providers.

I will also state that I expect availability to be lower for a VPS in Ukraine than comparable VPSs elsewhere. By "availability", I mean the ability to connect to the VPS, not how much stock the provider has to sell. The VPS provider I chose (Hostiko) claims to have backup power and cooling, along with redundant connections to the internet. It remains to be seen if my expectations of lower availability are correct, but I will be prepared to work around network connection issues or VPS downtime if they happen.

Frankly, it would not surprise me if it turns out that Ukrainian VPS providers are more reliable some might expect. That is just a hunch - I do not have real data (yet) to back it up. Clearly they are acquiring real-world operations experience under challenging conditions. Some of those challenging conditions are not likely to be encountered by outside competitors.

DISCLAIMER: The phrase "challenging conditions" applies to many different kinds of VPS operations issues. I have no interest to engage with the unrelated discussions above.

• @titus said:
    @World

I have the very same experience with uavps.net (uaVPS). I found their website some month ago, and I wanted to take a look. Created an account without order (with valid data, of course). I verified my email after the signup process. After a day I was not able to login into my account. I was curious. After 1-2 day I tried to register again, and started to order this 'promo VPS'. I tried to pay with PayPal, but PayPal has been refused my transaction with this error message: "This transaction has been declined in accordance with applicable international laws." (I never seen before the same or similar error message from PayPal). I'm from EU country. After that I opened a ticket with them to ask for a solution, or if they can't provide a solution, asked them to cancel my order (not my account!). Next day I was not able to login into my account :D :/ I never got any answer to my ticket too. I think, it's completely unreliable "company".

I have an old promo VM from ITLDC (UA DC) many years without major problems. It's reliable for me. I not experienced any outages since this war situation started. I can recommend them... but in the last month I faced some strange anomaly with them too. I paid before in EUR, but they changed the currency to USD. Stripe gateway has been disappeared from their payment methods, I was able to pay with PayPal only. My VM's price has been increased and billed a 'payment gateway fee' too. (I never received any email, or other notification from them about this changes), but little later found this: https://itldc.com/en/blog/price-adjustments-for-selected-services/

Thanks for the sharing!

I tried to pay with PayPal, but PayPal has been refused my transaction with this error message: "This transaction has been declined in accordance with applicable international laws." (I never seen before the same or similar error message from PayPal).

I got this error too, after I called PayPal, they told me Ukrainian accounts are a little different than others, it means we couldn't send payment through 'checkout' like we always do, they can receive money by PayPal transfer only.

But yeah, uaVPS is very strange.

Thanked by 1titus