Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$40/month or so Reliable US Located Dedicated Server For Running Multiple Game Servers on
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$40/month or so Reliable US Located Dedicated Server For Running Multiple Game Servers on

Hi and afternoon to everyone here,

I am needing because of my fixed income of $40/month (or so) reliable dedicated server rental of the following...
At least a E3 1230v3 or better single threaded wise CPU (at least 4 cores and 8 threads is enough)
32GB is fine, though 64GB would be a "nice to have" though
At least 200GB of RAID protected SSD (or better) disk storage
As little as 5TB on 1Gbps is totally fine

Is anybody able to offer anything or could point me in the right directions? I know there a few options but they are normally just your "big box store brands" and would like to support smaller operations for their possibilities in more flexible options, extended support, etc.

Thank you so much in advance!

Comments

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited September 2022

Philadelphia-based hopeonenetworks with their ryzen double ram special (64GB instead of 32GB) if you like living on the edge and forget about raid (or pay $15 extra for a second nvme drive)?

Quote:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6 Ghz (6 Core, 12 Thread)
    Memory: 64 GB DDR4 Memory
    Primary: 512 GB NVMe drive
    IPv4: 1 IPv4 Address
    Transfer: 1 Gbps unlimited

to be found here for $39.95/month: https://www.hoponenetworks.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=21

Can't say anything about their quality as I haven't used them so far. If you or anyone else orders one of those machines, please tell me if they use and support ECC ram but I doubt they do (I don't do gaming and so I have no knowledge about game server needs but I do think the above machine is quite well powered for a game server).

• @OhJohn said:
    Philadelphia-based hopeonenetworks with their ryzen double ram special if you like living on the edge and forget about raid (or pay $15 extra for a second nvme drive)?

Quote:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6 Ghz (6 Core, 12 Thread)
    Memory: 64 GB DDR4 Memory
    Primary: 512 GB NVMe drive
    IPv4: 1 IPv4 Address
    Transfer: 1 Gbps unlimited

to be found here for $39.95/month: https://www.hoponenetworks.com/whmcs/cart.php?a=add&pid=21

While I will give them points for hardware configuration (after all 64GB is a large order, especially on such as modernized hardware as this). For obvious reasons (as you clearly already mentioned) I don't believe they really provide reliable networking for games to be ran due to the lack of DDoS mitigation measures.

Which I can understand why, it can be expensive on so many levels (hardware, expertise required, etc

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited September 2022

Ah see, that's what I forgot - you gamers all need good DDoS protection.

• @OhJohn said:
    Ah see, that's what I forgot - you gamers all need good DDoS protection.

You are okay, you were only trying to help. :)

• Since it's been over a week, I am updating this thread to let everyone knows that I am still needing these needs and requirements met. Even though I tried contacting a battery of providers' that seems like they are up to it on my own...

• Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

I have DMed you.

• @Havy said:
    Since it's been over a week, I am updating this thread to let everyone knows that I am still needing these needs and requirements met. Even though I tried contacting a battery of providers' that seems like they are up to it on my own...

you can try eqservers, but they're 1230 (not v3).. they use leaseweb (evoswitch wdc1) so it should come with 5gbps ddos protection.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2022

@Havy said:
    I am needing because of my fixed income of $40/month (or so) reliable dedicated server rental of the following...
    At least a E3 1230v3 or better single threaded wise CPU (at least 4 cores and 8 threads is enough)

If you'd be willing to test out a VPS to see if it's suitable, and you don't need DDoS mitigation I can give you a 30-40GB RAM server with 4-6x Ryzen cores in NYC around your budget. 3 day refund period.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech and @MikeA are both good options.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    I have DMed you.

I appreciate our conversation and honesty with me but I believe as we made sure, my needs and requirements were ultimately would be unable to be provided.

@mosquitoguy said:

@Havy said:
    Since it's been over a week, I am updating this thread to let everyone knows that I am still needing these needs and requirements met. Even though I tried contacting a battery of providers' that seems like they are up to it on my own...

you can try eqservers, but they're 1230 (not v3).. they use leaseweb (evoswitch wdc1) so it should come with 5gbps ddos protection.

Thank you but at that point, I rather considers other options. Which I might need to ultimately turns to given the overall market. At least at these price points...

@MikeA said:

@Havy said:

If you'd be willing to test out a VPS to see if it's suitable, and you don't need DDoS mitigation I can give you a 30-40GB RAM server with 4-6x Ryzen cores in NYC around your budget. 3 day refund period.

Thank you, I appreciated that response of yours. I will have to decline though, since I do still believe (because of the needs and requirements) I would looking at making sure it's DDoS protected.

But thank for making sure with me first. :)

@imok said:
    @Ian_Dot_Tech and @MikeA are both good options.

As I mentioned already, it doesn't seems like either of one of providers are able to provides at this price point.

Still, I appreciated everyone time and efforts thus far.

Thanked by 2MikeA Ian_Dot_Tech