Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ISODME Closing Down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ISODME Closing Down

Yesterday evening I have had an email from ISODME that they are closing down all their servers on the 26th of November. Quite sad on that, only had 1 year and a bit out of them.

Any recommendation for 8TB storage on a Rocky 9 install (they allowed to be used), IPv6/IPv4 address. Full KVM would be best as I use modules (OpenVPN mainly) but if tun is available on a shared kernel would be okay I guess.

Thanked by 1JasonM

Comments

• They were doing this for $30 per month.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@LiliLabs said:
    @hosthatch @servarica_hani can both do this.

Thanks for the mention. We're at $32 per month for this. Hong Kong, London, and New York coming soon as well.

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

didnt hear about them before
    any info about them
    who is their rep here ?

were they big ?

• @hosthatch said:

@LiliLabs said:
    @hosthatch @servarica_hani can both do this.

Thanks for the mention. We're at $32 per month for this. Hong Kong, London, and New York coming soon as well.

Those new locations sound exciting! Will that be for the storage plans?

• @servarica_hani said:
    any info about them
    who is their rep here ?

were they big ?

They look to be pretty small, their own site says they had 3 servers and only 300 clients.

• SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

I'll do it for you, if we can pick one of our less full storage node locations.

~ SMARTHOST

• Add a little more and you get a dedicated server at hetzner

https://www.hetzner.com/sb?drives_size_from=4000&drives_size_to=16000

CPU
    Intel Core i7-6700
    RAM
    32 GB
    Drives
    2 x 4.0 TB Enterprise HDD
    FSN1-DC8

€33.70 monthly

• @servarica_hani said:
    any info about them
    who is their rep here ?

were they big ?

Any discount for them for who might migrate to your service?

@hk5354 said:

@servarica_hani said:
    any info about them
    who is their rep here ?

were they big ?

Any discount for them for who might migrate to your service?

We have already created the exact same plans here
    https://clients.servarica.com/store/isodme

Also we have our Mamouth plan which is cheaper than isodme 8tb plan

Thanks

Thanked by 1lentro
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@Simpz said:
    IPv6/IPv4 address

@LiliLabs said:
    hosthatch can do this.

Stay away from HostHatch if you want IPv6 to work reliably.
    They have IPv6 outages for months in many locations.
    They threatened to discontinue IPv6 altogether on promotional plans.
    What a shame!

• @yoursunny said:

@Simpz said:
    IPv6/IPv4 address

@LiliLabs said:
    hosthatch can do this.

What a shame!

They would not be running a promo plan here, so it would be ok. The locations they offer storage in have good ipv6 support. My Amsterdam VMs have never had v6 issues.

• cybertechcybertech Member
    edited October 2022

@LiliLabs said:

@yoursunny said:

@Simpz said:
    IPv6/IPv4 address

@LiliLabs said:
    hosthatch can do this.

What a shame!

They would not be running a promo plan here, so it would be ok. The locations they offer storage in have good ipv6 support. My Amsterdam VMs have never had v6 issues.

they won't be here this BF then?

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2022

@servarica_hani said: didnt hear about them before. any info about them. who is their rep here ? were they big ?

Are you lying @servarica_hani ??????????????????
    I got their email in which they state they partnered with Servarica, and the email also has direct links to your site which has special isodme plans at this location https://clients.servarica.com/store/isodme

It's surprising your are claiming that you don't know Isodme or their owners, even after they are stating that they've partnered with you in above email. If they had used the words "we are recommending Serverica.." that could have been another meaning. But "partnered" means both parties have agreed to something earlier

Also, as stated in their email they are TensorDock and their rep here is @lentro

• @JasonM said:
    ![](https://i.ibb.co/S5Qr
    Are you lying servarica_hani ??????????????????
    I got their email in which they state they partnered with Servarica, and the email also has direct links to your site which has special isodme plans at this location https://clients.servarica.com/store/isodme

It's surprising your are claiming that you don't know Isodme or their owners, even after they are stating that they've partnered with you in above email. If they had used the words "we are recommending Serverica.." that could have been another meaning. But "partnered" means both parties have agreed to something earlier

Also, as stated in their email they are TensorDock and their rep here is lentro

They posted that on 27 Sept while the email was sent on 2 Oct (or earlier, not ISODME customer).

@JasonM said:

@servarica_hani said: didnt hear about them before. any info about them. who is their rep here ? were they big ?

Also, as stated in their email they are TensorDock and their rep here is @lentro

Initially when i posted here I didnt know them
    Then I found out who is the owner and we agreed to to exit to servaRICA and we created the same plans in our site and they sent it to their users and updated the website with our plans

Nothing big here

Thanked by 3lentro donko Daniel15
  • lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@JasonM We worked that out after the initial decision to shut down the service.

We started sending notifications of the shutdown in batches; as of September 26, when the OP received this email, this had not been done yet - credit where credit is due, in the few days following this thread, we agreed to a mutually beneficial special arrangement where ServaRica would create new plans to take over customers, and we would help migrate customers over if customers wanted to.

This business, founded 4.5 years ago, was my first foray into the hosting world. Giving a ~2 month's notice just in time for Black Friday should make it one of the more graceful shutdowns - and I hope giving customers the option to easily move to a physically nearby, affordable host helps :)

There is no foul play here :)

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2022

@JasonM said:

From the messages and timeline it appears that
    Tom Hagen flew from Montreal after Sept 27th.
    He made an offer @lentro could not refuse, deal was made.

Maybe it was the other way round. Maybe Tom works for Lentro it is @servarica_hani who 💕 horses.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe deal making was so rapid, maybe Servarica had signed a NDA.

Edit: looks like both lentro and servarica_hani posted their replies as I was composing mine.