Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting at $13.95/Year | KVM | Virtualizor | NVME | 24/7 Support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting at $13.95/Year | KVM | Virtualizor | NVME | 24/7 Support

2»

Comments

• Is SMTP port available for personal email?

• LittleCreekLittleCreek Member, Patron Provider

@BreakaWD said:
    Is SMTP port available for personal email?

Yes. No ports are blocked for VPSs.

@add_iT said:

Funny that you just made it instant solution without investigate and check problem first and find a solution, you should be concern and check your upstream or ISP, now i know who i deal with

Sure machine itself is okay and nothing wrong, but connection issue is the problem here as it always drop sometimes , this is bothering me, and sure that is not normal thing, Above is proof that it is not only just me have this issue

I already know what the issue is and I am working on it. I need to move some clients. I gave a short answer because I don't want to try to excuse the situation. Its my fault for letting the server get over loaded. Now I am trying to remedy that. But don't mistake the short answer for not caring or doing something about it. I am monitoring the situation every day. Part of the problem is performing backups. That is when the downtime is happening. If I didn't do any backups then there would be no down time. But I am working to correct it.

@Mumbly said:

@LittleCreek said: No problem.

How's that not a problem unless it isn't true?

Its no problem for me to issue the refund. There is a problem and I am working on the solution.

Thanked by 1Mumbly

@add_iT said:
    Already open ticket for it but no solution for that, he even said didn't trust monitoring result and did not admit and on their side was okay without really check what is the real problem

When 1 person out of 100 has a problem like this then its not likely on my end. But now more have come forward so I started investigating it. If more would open tickets then I would see it sooner. I don't check this forum every day. With tickets I get notified immediately.

Thanked by 1melp57
  • @LittleCreek said:

@add_iT said:
    Already open ticket for it but no solution for that, he even said didn't trust monitoring result and did not admit and on their side was okay without really check what is the real problem

When 1 person out of 100 has a problem like this then its not likely on my end. But now more have come forward so I started investigating it. If more would open tickets then I would see it sooner. I don't check this forum every day. With tickets I get notified immediately.

I have no issues with any of my service's here.
    Give Floyd a chance. He cares about providing good service. Littlecreek is the best provider.

• The inactivity error is only on new plans from the Cogent network.

I use Hetrixtools and Zilore, both show downtime only on the new server.

The biggest downtime was September 11 --> https://prnt.sc/8rkjfDbi34d6

I have the service in production since April 2021. Mr. Floyd provides fast and effective support. Let's wait for a solution from you

Thanked by 1melp57

@edrebe said:
    The inactivity error is only on new plans from the Cogent network.

I use Hetrixtools and Zilore, both show downtime only on the new server.

The biggest downtime was September 11 --> https://prnt.sc/8rkjfDbi34d6

I have the service in production since April 2021. Mr. Floyd provides fast and effective support. Let's wait for a solution from you

And its not Cogent but one particular host machine. I let too many people signup on it. Or it has something to with the backup process or both.

• I remember something similar happened in the previous plans a few months ago, he solved it by increasing RAM

• @LittleCreek said:

@add_iT said:

Funny that you just made it instant solution without investigate and check problem first and find a solution, you should be concern and check your upstream or ISP, now i know who i deal with

Sure machine itself is okay and nothing wrong, but connection issue is the problem here as it always drop sometimes , this is bothering me, and sure that is not normal thing, Above is proof that it is not only just me have this issue

I already know what the issue is and I am working on it. I need to move some clients. I gave a short answer because I don't want to try to excuse the situation. Its my fault for letting the server get over loaded. Now I am trying to remedy that. But don't mistake the short answer for not caring or doing something about it. I am monitoring the situation every day. Part of the problem is performing backups. That is when the downtime is happening. If I didn't do any backups then there would be no down time. But I am working to correct it.

I'm not a customer but I've been keeping an eye on your thread because everyone has had good things to say about you and I'm always seeking well-managed (and cheap!) kvm.

Your flip response to these concerns immediately removed you from my watch list. I appreciate that you responded further explaining, but first impressions matter and that response quite literally cost you my $13.95.

I'm just one guy but maybe you don't realize these things matter (to some of us, I guess).

edited September 2022

@zed said:

@LittleCreek said:

@add_iT said:

I'm not a customer but I've been keeping an eye on your thread because everyone has had good things to say about you and I'm always seeking well-managed (and cheap!) kvm.

Your flip response to these concerns immediately removed you from my watch list. I appreciate that you responded further explaining, but first impressions matter and that response quite literally cost you my $13.95.

I'm just one guy but maybe you don't realize these things matter (to some of us, I guess).

Well I didn't think it was a flip response. It was intended as a willingness to refund somebody's money. It was intended as a good thing. But people from different areas and backgrounds take things in different ways.

I guess I got the feeling that someone was just here to complain, not a solution and the only thing I could do is offer the refund. Maybe I read it wrong so sorry about that. If somebody wants a solution then I will definitely do what I can.

• @zed said:

@LittleCreek said:

@add_iT said:

You should be a customer, this provider has excellent customer service, maybe he doesn't always answer the way you want him to. Bottom line is littlecreek provider a great service and response time to tickets are better than most you will ever find. I like to stick with the little guys who you know have a big stake in their business. You might say it's their bread and butter. Give him another chance.
    Thanks for listening.

• Totally true, Mr. Floyd even helped me reset my server when I messed up a letter in an SSH command. Therefore, compared to other providers, he solved it immediately by taking the initiative.

Thanked by 2melp57 karjaj

I found in the backup settings some things to tweak such as process priority and I/O priority and that seems to have lessened the load a lot. If there are any more troubles please let me know.

Thanked by 1melp57
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@LittleCreek said:
    I found in the backup settings some things to tweak such as process priority and I/O priority and that seems to have lessened the load a lot. If there are any more troubles please let me know.

I suggest you should add status page each host node for monitoring your own, so you can aware and notice you with live , so you can troubleshooting asap and not check from inside only

It can be third party like uptime robot or hetrixtool or maybe self hosted , any is fine

Trust me it can be reliable for monitor server from external instead from internal

All reliable provider has their own status page especially when they have more than one host node

@add_iT said:
    I suggest you should add status page each host node for monitoring your own, so you can aware and notice you with live , so you can troubleshooting asap and not check from inside only

I do monitor from outside the host. The host always responds. Its a very few of the individual VMs that stop responding for a short time. Its not like everything stopped responding. I would have to ping every individual VM. But I don't think there was a problem today after I made the changes.

• TheVpsBuyerTheVpsBuyer Member
    edited September 2022

Hey
    Just ordered from your company. Thanks for this deal. Will play around it this coming days.
    Quick question though, can auto-payment via paypal possible? (Monthly)

@TheVpsBuyer said:
    Hey
    Just ordered from your company. Thanks for this deal. Will play around it this coming days.
    Quick question though, can auto-payment via paypal possible? (Monthly)

Yes just set up a subscription when paying the invoice.

Thanked by 1TheVpsBuyer