Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap vps without blacklisted ips for pihole+wireguard
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap vps without blacklisted ips for pihole+wireguard

Hello,

Can somebody recommend a dirt cheap vps for me to stand up a pihole + wireguard for my personal use. I got something from cloudserver.net and it works great and at a nice price, but unfortunately as the ip address given to me was in the blacklist of a bunch of providers, when I use them to vpn out I keep getting blocked.

Thanks!

Comments

• @govardha said:
    Hello,

Can somebody recommend a dirt cheap vps for me to stand up a pihole + wireguard for my personal use. I got something from cloudserver.net and it works great and at a nice price, but unfortunately as the ip address given to me was in the blacklist of a bunch of providers, when I use them to vpn out I keep getting blocked.

Thanks!

They're detecting you're using a VPN or using a datacenter. Not so much a "blacklisted IP".

But being "blocked" sounds suspicious AF. Usually, there's just a bit of hassle, like Google's captcha prompts to run searches.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness
  • govardhagovardha Member
    edited September 2022

Please note, I know when I am being detected as coming in through a VPN, this isn't such a problem. I have a vps from smarthost.net where this set up works great, but I am paying a bit more for 1vCore + 1Gb RAM quite a bit more than 4Gb RAM + 2 vCores through cloudserver.net, hence I am looking for another provider.

This is exactly the Google captcha problem, even google thinks I am some bot when I just doing regular browsing nothing crazy at all.

Hence my query for any recommendations.

• maxkvm has the cleanest ips (LA at least) but I don't know if you want to use them

• @BigDongLong anything to be concerned about with maxkvm?

• @govardha said:
    @BigDongLong anything to be concerned about with maxkvm?

I heard somewhere you need max IQ to use them

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@BigDongLong said:
    the cleanest ips

We at yoursunny summer host Inc have the cleanest IPs.
    Every morning and every evening, we spray hospital grade disinfectant on our IPs.
    Our routers and switches are required to wash their LEDs using soap and water at least once every hour.
    We turn on the sprinkler system weekly to do a deep clean in our data center, including all the servers and IPs.
    All equipment are fully vaccinated and have the latest booster shots.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

Look at WebHorizon's NAT offers.
    @Abd

• @Arkas said:
    Look at WebHorizon's NAT offers.
    @Abd

NAT VPSes will have dirty IPv4 since it's shared. My WebHorizon VPS IPv4 is on multiple blacklists.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited September 2022

Then I would seriously consider @EthernetServers yearly offers. Clean IPv4s You get 2 of them for free.

• @govardha said:
    Please note, I know when I am being detected as coming in through a VPN, this isn't such a problem. I have a vps from smarthost.net where this set up works great, but I am paying a bit more for 1vCore + 1Gb RAM quite a bit more than 4Gb RAM + 2 vCores through cloudserver.net, hence I am looking for another provider.

This is exactly the Google captcha problem, even google thinks I am some bot when I just doing regular browsing nothing crazy at all.

Hence my query for any recommendations.

Signing into your Google account is supposed to reduce that over time once the AI kicks in.

I solved this by putting NextDNS into my home Opnsense router with wireguard and now I have a single web interface to add/remove domains any time, never have problems signing up for shit or hassled by Google or Cloudflare.

• @Arkas said:
    Then I would seriously consider @EthernetServers yearly offers. Clean IPv4s You get 2 of them for free.

He doesn't really need "clean IP's" so much as residential IP's.