Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's running a Lightning node?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who's running a Lightning node?

I'm setting up a new Lightning node and will probably be opening some channels this weekend. Are there any providers here who are accepting payments via Lightning and would like another inbound channel?

I can afford to open a few extra channels in the range of 1 million sats, no reciprocation required, as long they can remain open for a while. Could go higher if it makes sense, e.g., if you receive larger payments; reciprocate; and/or have balanced traffic.

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

We are planning to run our own lightning node and btcpayserver in the indetermined future, but not yet :(

Seemed like a lot of work, including maintenance, with not enough benefit quite yet. I am sure that will change in a few years as things mature :)

Tho we should even if it's just for the learning experience. I think we were the first hosting company to sell hosting for BTC, or at least one of the very first.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    We are planning to run our own lightning node and btcpayserver in the indetermined future, but not yet :(

Seemed like a lot of work, including maintenance, with not enough benefit quite yet. I am sure that will change in a few years as things mature :)

Tho we should even if it's just for the learning experience. I think we were the first hosting company to sell hosting for BTC, or at least one of the very first.

Yeah, at this point it's mostly for the experience. I bought the Pi 4 to do it a year ago, but finally got around to setting it up because I wanted to demo it for the mini-course on Bitcoin, DeFi, etc., that we offer to some of our business school students.

I gotta say, though, that it's making me nostalgic for the days of UUCP. :) Everything old is new again.

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited September 2022

Bumping this thread again. Even though most of my bitcoin is already deployed, I could be talked into buying more to open a 1 million sat channel to someone who is actually accepting Lightning payments (themselves, rather than through a service provider)…

I've gotta say, even though I will probably move away from using it for my Lightning node, this Umbrel software is really slick. Point and click installation of tons of apps, including Nextcloud, Pihole, Tor Snowflake Proxy, Gitea, etc. This is the kind of stuff we need more of to get even ordinary folks switching to self-hosting.