Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$50 Charge to Edit Reverse DNS at AT&T
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$50 Charge to Edit Reverse DNS at AT&T

HeadfirstHeadfirst Member
edited September 2022 in Providers

AT&T will set the reverse DNS records once without charge but any future changes cost $50.

Luckily they will delegate the zone to another DNS provider so I can edit the records myself.

Unfortunately, the Interserver control panel does not let me add zones with more than 1 dot in them. I created a ticket with support to add the zone, but they wont because they don't understand how it works.

Can anyone recommend a provider that allows zones with more than 1 dot? After a great several months with them, I am really disappointed.

Comments

• JeDaYoshiJeDaYoshi Member
    edited September 2022

You could try Hurricane Electric's DNS service: https://dns.he.net

• KousakaKousaka Member
    edited September 2022

he.net, ns1, cloudns

and maybe delegate to your own ns1.example.com so you might be able to migrate between dns providers on the fly.

Thanked by 1speedypage
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
  • interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

@Headfirst said:
    AT&T will set the reverse DNS records once without charge but any future changes cost $50.

Luckily they will delegate the zone to another DNS provider so I can edit the records myself.

Unfortunately, the Interserver control panel does not let me add zones with more than 1 dot in them. I created a ticket with support to add the zone, but they wont because they don't understand how it works.

Can anyone recommend a provider that allows zones with more than 1 dot? After a great several months with them, I am really disappointed.

can I get the ticket number?