Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there an alternative of HE tunnel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there an alternative of HE tunnel?

I bought a Tokyo vps from extravm.com, and it's IPv4 only. To access IPv6, I configured HE tunnel on it. But due to provider's routing problems, it has high latency about 70ms. Is there an alternative of HE tunnel with presence in Japan or HK?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I thought ExtraVM VPSs comes with 1 IPv4 + 1 IPv6?

• you can use stunnel. Can also configure it along squid

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2022

@DP said:
    I thought ExtraVM VPSs comes with 1 IPv4 + 1 IPv6?

Tokyo doesn't have IPv6 yet, I've had issues getting it to work because it's unlike any other networks I use. I haven't really spent time on it the past week or so (need an IPv4 to test with, but out currently), it will probably be added for clients in 1-2 weeks.

Thanked by 1DP
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

No IPv6 hall of shame

• GitHub
    • Docker Hub
    • Outlook
    • SparkPost
    • ColonCrossing - VirMach, RackNerd, CloudServer
    • XetHost
    • SoftShellWeb (San Jose only)
    • IOFlood - 1TBVPS, Inception Hosting (Phoenix)
    • KhanWebHost
    • Wishosting
    • Reprise Hosting
    • HostWebis
    • Nexus Bytes (shared hosting only)
    • Oplink
    • Leapswitch Networks (except Mumbai)
    • FTPiT (Fremont and New York only)
    • DedicatServer gardens
    • IncogNET (Finland only)
    • HostTiger HostTigger
    • ForwardWeb
    • SKB Enterprise
    • HostHatch (Sydney etc)
    • Watta Server, ONeil Online
    • HostMayo
    • Private-Hosting di Cipriano Oscar
    • GardenCloud gardens
    • CoreHosting
    • ExtraVM (Tokyo)

Include IPv6 for no extra cost on every plan in every location to get delisted.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@yoursunny said: Include IPv6 for no extra cost on every plan in every location to get delisted.

Is there an extended list for those who only provide "1 IPv6"? Or something stupid like 5-10 IPs, instead of a routed /64 or more.

Thanked by 1v3ng
  • @rm_ said:

@yoursunny said: Include IPv6 for no extra cost on every plan in every location to get delisted.

Is there an extended list for those who only provide "1 IPv6"? Or something stupid like 5-10 IPs, instead of a routed /64 or more.

definitely need to flag these on your list @yoursunny, this is more annoying than no ipv6.

Thanked by 2yoursunny rm_
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@rm_ said:

His list will be larger than life.

• @rm_ said:

Maybe it’s better to list providers who do routed /48 /56 /64, to keep the list short.

edited September 2022

@Kousaka said:

@rm_ said:

Maybe it’s better to list providers who do routed /48 /56 /64, to keep the list short.

Check out the elite group in:
    Routed IPv6 Hall of Fame

The irony is, certain providers are on both lists, because they have routed IPv6 in some locations and broken IPv6 in other locations.

Thanked by 2rcy026 bulbasaur
  • This list should be published somewhere and maintained by the community.
    Wasn't there a lowend wiki somewhere, or have I just dreamed about that?

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • For external access, use Cloudfare Warp

ipv6 connection to the server, using Cloudfare tunnels

• Yoursunny,
    I don't know about every location and every plan, but my Inception Hosting VPS in Phoenix does have IPv6, while your list says it doesn't.
    So is it possible to publish some clearer info about this? Of course it's more fun to yell "Hall of Shame!" but when the provider doesn't clearly state it themselves for their locations (e.g. RackNerd), some more info than "Shame!" would be helpful. Thanks.

• P.S. I forgot to include that Racknerd does include IPv6 in Los Angeles, but nowhere else, for VPSs. It's always available everywhere for their dedicated servers.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@Rookey said:
    Yoursunny,
    I don't know about every location and every plan, but my Inception Hosting VPS in Phoenix does have IPv6, while your list says it doesn't.
    So is it possible to publish some clearer info about this? Of course it's more fun to yell "Hall of Shame!" but when the provider doesn't clearly state it themselves for their locations (e.g. RackNerd), some more info than "Shame!" would be helpful. Thanks.

It must be route /64 subnet maybe

Single address is not count

Nowadays ppl think when provider just assign a single address (not subnet) that mean they have not fully capable to provide IPv6 yet

• @Rookey said:
    P.S. I forgot to include that Racknerd does include IPv6 in Los Angeles, but nowhere else, for VPSs. It's always available everywhere for their dedicated servers.

Also not subnet

• @add_iT said:

@Rookey said:
    Yoursunny,

Nowadays ppl think when provider just assign a single address (not subnet) that mean they have not fully capable to provide IPv6 yet

yes, lack of a full /64 indicates lack of clue, beware such provider.

• @sots said: Is there an alternative of HE tunnel with presence in Japan or HK?

route48.org

You could also get a VPS with a different provider that can provide a routed /48, and route a /64 range within that to the other VPS (essentially creating your own tunnel).

@yoursunny said:

@Kousaka said:

@rm_ said:

Check out the elite group in:
    Routed IPv6 Hall of Fame

The irony is, certain providers are on both lists, because they have routed IPv6 in some locations and broken IPv6 in other locations.

FWIW HostHatch said they're going to remove IPv6 from promotional plans at some point.

• "Single address is not count"

OK. I understand why you say that. But for my limited practical purposes, even one IPv6 address is a good step forward. Lots of mobile devices like to connect over IPv6, and since most of what I have are just Web sites and not other apps, I'm mostly happy to have just a few, or in some cases even one IPv6 address. Because for me, even one can be a significant improvement over none.

Since you already know that about each of these providers, why not state it clearly? It seems to me like politics and ferver is getting in the way of clearer and better info. OK, I don't see any good reason why a provider would parcel out just 1 IPv6 address, but in the real world of cheaper providers, some of them do. Why not just plainly say so, and let buyers make up their own minds whether or not it's usable for them in a particular case. Because this is the low end world, not your ideal paradise.

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

If you getting banned or blacklist somewhere (or any on other platform) they won't do it with single address they will banned entirely ipv6 subnet

That is in a practice

So why the reason safest thing each one get /64, because you don't want to get restricted to accessing some platform just because naughty noisy neighbour

Thanked by 1rm_
  • "If you getting banned or blacklist somewhere (or any on other platform) they won't do it with single address they will banned entirely ipv6 subnet

That is in a practice
    So why the reason safest thing each one get /64, because you don't want to get restricted to accessing some platform just because naughty neighbour"

OK, that's a very good reason, that I hadn't thought of. Thank you.
    It also could/should be in the FAQ of your list.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2022

tunnelbroker.ch - offers 3 tunnels for free with /64

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@default said:

I don't think they have HK or JP.

• kazawikikazawiki Member
    edited September 2022

@default said:

Nice

@Rookey said:
    Yoursunny,

My name must be written in all lower case, even if it's the first word in a sentence.
    eBay and iPod are written that way too.

@Rookey said:
    my Inception Hosting VPS in Phoenix does have IPv6, while your list says it doesn't.

@InceptionHosting newer service on @Clouvider has IPv6, but older storage service on IOFlood doesn't.

@MannDude discontinued Finland, so they'll be delisted.

@rm_ said:

Not yet.

@add_iT said:

Single address does count for this list.

@add_iT said:
    the reason safest thing each one get /64, because you don't want to get restricted to accessing some platform just because naughty noisy neighbour

Docker Hub rate-limits by /64 subnet for non logged in clients.
    If each VPS has longer prefix length, you'll have to do docker login in order to pull reliably.
    This mainly affects IPv6-only service such as @Lampard LimitlessHost /112 subnet.

• Update:
    After several days, we have successfully configured IPv6 /112 subnet on my machine. Thanks to @ MikeA for spending days on this problem.
    @yoursunny pls remove ExtraVM from the list, thanks :)