Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming OVH (inc SYS & KS) Price Increase
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Upcoming OVH (inc SYS & KS) Price Increase

One for the “every host has to” file, email in the last few hours from OVH:

However, due to this exceptional situation, we will still need to increase our prices over the next few months.

The prices of new services will change on 03 October 2022. View our page to see all of the services concerned, as well as a dedicated FAQ.

Regarding existing services, we will proceed with a managed price increase of approximately 10%. It will be effective on 31 October 2022 on Public Cloud and on 01 December 2022 on Bare Metal technology (Dedicated Servers, Eco range, VPS), Hosted Private Cloud and Web Hosting plans. Over the next few weeks, you will receive futher details on your price change service-by-service (you can also read our blog post on the topic here).

Seems honest & reasonable to me given the rate at which certain costs are ballooning ATM.

Maybe worth noting if you are comparing prices for new services with hosts who have just had a round of price increases (though that of course doesn't guarantee they won't bump theirs up again soon too) if 10% might be enough to make you reconsider your budget or other compromises.

I'll probably drop an idle VPS or two to cover the difference…

Comments

• Anyone knows how this affects their US part? Haven't received an email from them and can't find any mention of price increases on their US site, but it seems inevitable. Wondering if I should just renew for a year...

• @MallocVoidstar said:
    Anyone knows how this affects their US part? Haven't received an email from them and can't find any mention of price increases on their US site, but it seems inevitable. Wondering if I should just renew for a year...

US announcement - https://blog.ovhcloud.com/ovhcloud-price-adjustments-in-2022-and-2023/

• so the US market is getting screwed twice since there's already a difference in price between OVH US and OVH global. :)

• KS-1 has no change. Same 4.99Euros :p

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • @kavinrak said:
    KS-1 has no change. Same 4.99Euros :p

Aye, I still have an old one of those chugging along too.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • Makes sense. Not to mention how many of their users are just hording IPv4 space that's just not doing anything aside from being on an idle service from them. Im assuing a bunch of people will trim the amount of IPs they have.

• jordynegen11jordynegen11 Member
    edited September 2022

Why is the price increase higher then the inflation?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jordynegen11 said:
    Why is the price increase higher then the inflation?

uh, its like Turkey, the gov says the inflation is this, but even here, if I check the government stats about inflation, its way higher, the real inflation is 2 digits, despite the gov telling us its one digit.

Plus, if you hike the price now every x months, everyone is going to piss and shit itself, so ovh hikes it a bit higher, so they don't need to do it every x months.

• Might have to let my beloved KS-LE go still have no real use for it but seems to good to drop 🥴

• @allthemtings said:
    Might have to let my beloved KS-LE go still have no real use for it but seems to good to drop 🥴

What spec do you have? If it is in France I might be tempted to take it off you and drop the other machine I have there. Unless they no longer allow transfers, I forget…

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@allthemtings said:
    Might have to let my beloved KS-LE go still have no real use for it but seems to good to drop 🥴

What spec do you have? If it is in France I might be tempted to take it off you and drop the other machine I have there. Unless they no longer allow transfers, I forget…

It’s the blackfriday deal, it’s in France

• @allthemtings said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@allthemtings said:

It’s the blackfriday deal,

There have been more than one Black Friday deal IIRC so I'd need more to go on than that.

it’s in France

I vaguely recall that you can't transfer any more, but if you know it is possible and you want to transfer let me know the spec and what you'd want for it and I'll have a think.

• @allthemtings said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@allthemtings said:

I'd be willing to pick it up too, if @MeAtExampleDotCom isn't interested.

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@allthemtings said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@allthemtings said:

It’s the blackfriday deal,

There have been more than one Black Friday deal IIRC so I'd need more to go on than that.

it’s in France

I vaguely recall that you can't transfer any more, but if you know it is possible and you want to transfer let me know the spec and what you'd want for it and I'll have a think.

• @Pixels said:

@allthemtings said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@allthemtings said:

No sign of a response on if it is actually possible to transfer & how much is wanted and I'm going to be too busy this week already so really don't want an extra person to chase, so feel free to jump ahead of me in the queue.

• PixelsPixels Member
    edited September 2022

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@Pixels said:

@allthemtings said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said:

@allthemtings said:

No sign of a response on if it is actually possible to transfer & how much is wanted and I'm going to be too busy this week already so really don't want an extra person to chase, so feel free to jump ahead of me in the queue.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I am also dropping my SYS-2-SSD-64 so this might be a decent replacement for it.

@allthemtings did you have a chance to ask if transfer was possible? In any case I think it is also dependent on the origin account location.