Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Hiring] ReadyDedis looking for Linux System Administrator
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Hiring] ReadyDedis looking for Linux System Administrator

BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

About Us

We are a growing hosting company in operation since 2016, we cater to a wide range of clients around the world and provide Infrastructure and mission-critical technical support on cloud and on-premises platforms. We're posting this offer here as a means of giving back to the community.

We're based out of India but have incorporated in the US for ease of business. The opportunity is fully remote so we're open to hiring from around the world as long as our requirements are satisfied.

Requirements

• Setup, Management, and Configuration of popular Linux-based operating systems
  • A good understanding of how Networking works - IPv4, IPv6, TCP/UDP, LAN/WAN, DHCP, DNS
  • Setting up RAID on software and hardware level via IPMI / IP-KVM
  • Basic shell scripting
  • Ability to google your way out of situations
  • Documentation skills
  • Excellent teamwork skills
  • Fluent in English, with oral and written communication skills
  • Setup, Management and Configuration of cPanel / DirectAdmin / Plesk ( Lin/Win )
  • Understanding of Webservers i.e concepts like VirtualHosts, Proxy etc.
  • Should be willing to work in rotational shifts ( ability to handle graveyard shifts ) from IST timezone perspective

Work

• Strictly 8 hours a day 5 days a week
  • Fully Remote Opportunity
Thanked by 1raisulmushfeq

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    Thanked by 1Saahib
  • chiron688chiron688 Member
    edited May 2022

Hello, I would like to ask if you have a dedicated Chinese customer service like racknerd. racknerd even has a dedicated Chinese channel on telegram.

• darbdarb Member

They are a North America based provider and probably don't target mainland PRC like others do, hell may companies block China just to avoid all of the hassels that come along with it.

@chiron688 said:
    Hello, I would like to ask if you have a dedicated Chinese customer service like racknerd. racknerd even has a dedicated Chinese channel on telegram.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@darb said:
    They are a North America based provider and probably don't target mainland PRC like others do, hell may companies block China just to avoid all of the hassels that come along with it.

@chiron688 said:

We do have a Chinese base, we're based out of India, but incorporated in US for ease of business. That being said, I'm open to hiring sales + support from China if that can improve business of good quality clients rather than the trouble makers.

@BharatB said:

@darb said:

@chiron688 said:

We do have a Chinese base, we're based out of India, but incorporated in US for ease of business. That being said, I'm open to hiring sales + support from China if that can improve business of good quality clients rather than the trouble makers.

Thanks for your patient reply, there is also a forum in China called hostloc, like lowendtalk, where people discuss anything about hosting. In my impression, racknerd and Pacificrack also have accounts here (maybe not, I forgot about these), by the way, if you need help with anything about China, such as building a telegram discussion group, I will be happy to help you, this It's free, but since I'm still a college student, I may not respond very quickly. Good luck

Thanked by 2Chuck ehab
  • Where to apply?

Bumping this thread, looking for someone from Bulgaria / Brazil / India for US day shifts.

• @BharatB sent you a PM

Bumping, looking for more people in India at this point for US night shifts and 1/2 positions for someone from Bulgaria / Brazil US Day shifts

• yanlingyanling Member

Mark, when you plan to form a Chinese team to serve Chinese users,
    I will respond positively.

• What is the pay like for this positions in India?

• tronyxtronyx Member

@neverain said:
    What is the pay like for this positions in India?

7$

• VoidVoid Member

@neverain said:

Average $500-700 per month

• Smith42Smith42 Member

@neverain said:

If you live in a first world country, you'd make more money driving an Uber

Thanked by 1ehab
  • seenuseenu Member
    edited May 2023

@Smith42 said:

@neverain said:

Thats not a good comparison, salaries are always based on cost of living.

an IT guy in Bay area makes more than someone from Albany for same roles (sometimes for same company).

in 2017, i used to pay $1400 for an apartment in Toronto (which may be almost doubled now because of inflaction) and for same $1400, you can live a royal life in India.

so you can't compare always with only $$$ making.

Thanked by 1sasslik
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@seenu said:

@Smith42 said:

@neverain said:

Thats not a good comparison, salaries are always based on cost of living.

an IT guy in Bay area makes more than someone from Albany for same roles (sometimes for same company).

in 2017, i used to pay $1400 for an apartment in Toronto (which may be almost doubled now because of inflaction) and for same $1400, you can live a royal life in India.

so you can't compare always with only $$$ making.

Can confirm this is true, with $1400 dollars per month I can live a nice posh life.

My school only costs around 3500-4000$ per year(comparing to US, seems cheaper)

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

@BharatB said:
    Bumping, looking for more people in India at this point for US night shifts and 1/2 positions for someone from Bulgaria / Brazil US Day shifts

i have already messaged you, kindly let me know if i may be of use, extra money is always welcomed