Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reseller Hosting - Reseller SSH Access To Manage Sub Account ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reseller Hosting - Reseller SSH Access To Manage Sub Account ?

nvidiannvidian Member
edited September 2022 in General

Hello,

Is there any reseller hosting that provide "Reseller SSH account" so the reseller could login and manage every sub account freely in SSH without have to re-login as his sub-account ?

Need to manage all sub account websites using command line (composer & drush) and its pain to relogin every sub account only to manage them in ssh.

Dont care which panel they use as long as it has litespeed or nginx as stand alone webserver (not pure apache) and doesn't oversold their resource - Premium reseller hosting are welcome.

I know its easier to have a vps and manage them as root, but reseller hosting is so much cheaper (server + panel license + billing license) when you just need billing integration in some project.

Comments

• I think MyW Supports this.

@MikePT can you confirm this?

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2022

@jcolideles said:
    I think MyW Supports this.

if I remember currently, directadmin doesnt put user files under reseller's directory.

Edit: if I remember correctly, directadmin doesnt put user files under reseller's directory.

• on DA, or cPanel you'll need to login to each subaccount, like on Shell and manage it.
    Also it seems with Putty/Winscp you can manage through command line. But you'll have to manually add subaccounts to Winscp (one time) and click on each of them to open their command-line/shell.

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • SashkaProSashkaPro Member
    edited September 2022

On da you can setup your ssh key for all subaccounts and just enter user login for ssh.

I mean, 1 key for several users. I am using that way, no problems at all (you should just remember logins of each user's)

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@FatGrizzly said:

if I remember currently, directadmin doesnt put user files under reseller's directory.

You remember correctly.

Thanked by 1FatGrizzly
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@jcolideles said:

Yep!

Thanked by 1jcolideles
  • servzenservzen Member, Host Rep

Hi dear,

have these plans, hosted in Netherlands.
    SSH access is available.
    Link: https://servzen.com/secure/index.php?rp=/store/reseller-hosting/

• @servzen just checked your master reseller plans. I want a little clarification before I buy.
    the R1+ plan offers 45 DA Reseller Accounts, and 45 DA Accounts. So as a master reseller if i create 1 Reseller Account, how many subaccounts will that reseller be able to create? Will all my 45 DA resellers would be able to create just 1 subaccount if I sell it to 45 Resellers? Or will each of them (45) would be able create 45 subaccounts under them?

• @servzen said:
    Hi dear,

have these plans, hosted in Netherlands.
    SSH access is available.
    Link: https://servzen.com/secure/index.php?rp=/store/reseller-hosting/

Unlimited SSD Disk Space, Unlimited Inodes => how's that possible ?
    I'm eager to know the "limit" than the "unlimited" thing especially in shared hosting :smile:

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly Chuck
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:

@jcolideles said:

Yep!

I think you aren't understanding what OP is tryin to get here.

OP wants to manage all his users ssh via his ssh, and that isn't an option in DA

Thanked by 1nvidian
  • Funny thing is, myW is the reseller hosting I've tried (lifetime account) after years using vps and no gui panel. That's why I found out that reseller hosting is complicated for a single tenant like me.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@FatGrizzly said:

@MikePT said:

@jcolideles said:

Yep!

I think you aren't understanding what OP is tryin to get here.

OP wants to manage all his users ssh via his ssh, and that isn't an option in DA

Oooooooops so sorry for that, yes, that's not possible.

Cheers!

@nvidian said:
    Funny thing is, myW is the reseller hosting I've tried (lifetime account) after years using vps and no gui panel. That's why I found out that reseller hosting is complicated for a single tenant like me.

It surely is, you can login to all users via GUI, but in regards to SSH, then you'd need to login to each account manually :(

Thanked by 2FatGrizzly nvidian
  • @JasonM said:
    @servzen just checked your master reseller plans. I want a little clarification before I buy.
    the R1+ plan offers 45 DA Reseller Accounts, and 45 DA Accounts. So as a master reseller if i create 1 Reseller Account, how many subaccounts will that reseller be able to create? Will all my 45 DA resellers would be able to create just 1 subaccount if I sell it to 45 Resellers? Or will each of them (45) would be able create 45 subaccounts under them?

waiting for this answer too

• nvidiannvidian Member
    edited September 2022

Think I just grab Buyvm as it has free DA + blesta too... ups sold out for LU location :(((

but has anyone tried Apis cp ? How is the performance of "optimized" apache mpm-event (apis) vs nginx ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@nvidian said: Think I just grab Buyvm as it has free DA + blesta too... ups sold out for LU location ((

Working on it! Finally getting a reply from the importer.

Francisco

• servzenservzen Member, Host Rep

@JasonM said:
    @servzen just checked your master reseller plans. I want a little clarification before I buy.

Hi buddy,

So basically, if you create a reseller account you will have options like how much subaccounts can this account create, and R1+ plan have 45 DA Reseller Accounts, and 45 DA Accounts (for you only) as its Master reseller account so for the sub-account you can assign them the limit to create users.

Hope you'll understand.
    Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks.

Thanked by 3JasonM qeba qeba