Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please don't do this or anything like that to HostHatch
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Please don't do this or anything like that to HostHatch

A few months ago,(about 4 months ago may be) I needed a server with a large memory. someone in another forum wanted a server from Green Cloud Singapore, so we reached an agreement to exchange (change the account mailbox), he told me that the server is only displayed on the old panel, so use After a few months, the service was moved to the new panel. At this time, I found that I could not log in to the new panel no matter how I changed it, so I sent a ticket to hosthatch and the customer service told me that this account had attacked with a very indecent language to Customer service, (I don't want to know the reason for this incident, but I can guarantee that it is not me) So it was banned from logging in on the new panel. After knowing this, I think it will be troublesome to continue using this account, (the vps service is normal at this time) So I think Paid to push to my personal account was a smart decision, but hosthatch immediately suspended the service and charged a $25 abuse fee and a $10 push fee, I told him to pay $15 to push to my old personal account,
this is his reply

(Hello,
Unfortunately we will have to cancel this account and any services in it for the account change.
You can create a new account, but please make sure to not buy accounts from anyone else in the future, as that will result in termination with no refund. )

After a few days I found out that the vps was deleted and it didn't show up in my personal account, so asked again in ,this is This is today's reply, there are two main points, but also let me put the information of the original account owner attacking the customer service
1.Abusing our support staff
2.Change of ownership to avoid transfer fees
I don't know how to reply to the first point. I have replied that I am willing to pay a transfer fee of $15. If it means that the previous account owner changed the email address to me, I will not deny it, but it seems unconvincing.
Conclusion : Please don't say anything drastic to hosthatch and other idc suppliers, because it can cause vps to be deleted at any point in the future, and last praised Green Cloud's service enthusiasm and satisfaction, thank the netizens of lowendtalk for watching this.

I don't know what's going on, but it's really rude

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Piece of advice, doesn't really matter who the other person is, whether you know him/her or not, next time if you want to buy/transfer servers, services or whatever, make sure to do it through the proper channels and process(es).

Changing the account's mail doesn't necessarily mean a change in "ownership" of the account.

• @DP said:

Agree, but there is only one vps for a single account. Changing the mailbox is the method most people choose.

• In the TOS of most sellers, resale is not allowed.
    Period.

• Why talk about another idc in this thread

• Fuck your mother.

• @plumn said:
    Why talk about another idc in this thread

This is generic, don't speak rude words to customer service

• @KuYeHQ said:

@DP said:

Agree, but there is only one vps for a single account. Changing the mailbox is the method most people choose.

"Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it. Right is right even if only you are doing it."

• @KuYeHQ said:

@DP said:

And this, is where the problem lies.

• Obviously what he did was wrong.

However, imagine if HostHatch were wrong in their assumption.

DON'T remove VPS servers just like that, warm in-before, offer a backup, or a snapshot. If nothing majorly illegal was commited, of course.

It's not assuring to see these kind of stories even when being a 100 % legit customer.

• I don't know what's going on, but it's really rude

“Fuck your family” lol

When you want to insult a provider by creating tickets why not be a bit creative.

Like r/rareinsults

Thanked by 1bikegremlin
  • Sure, expect providers to be fine with such gymnastics, and make sure to be surprised when they aren't ("what could possibly go wrong?!"). Lol.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • I do not sympathyze with hosthatch and it's owner being "black box personality", but those insults to family and mother... OP should be banned immediatelly.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited September 2022

@KuYeHQ said:
    I don't know what's going on, but it's really rude

Just so that I understand correctly, who wrote these slurs, you or HostHatch?

• @LTniger said:
    I do not sympathyze with hosthatch and it's owner being "black box personality", but those insults to family and mother... OP should be banned immediatelly.

In Serbia, we don't say "Hi, old friend, haven't seen you in a long time,"
    we say "Where are you your mother's cunt!?"
    And I think it's beautiful.

:)

• @angstrom said:

Just so that I understand correctly, who wrote these slurs, you or HostHatch?

the previous account owner

• @inland said:

Someone's mom has some explaining to do.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2022

@emgh said:
    DON'T remove VPS servers just like that, warm in-before, offer a backup, or a snapshot. If
    nothing majorly illegal was commited, of course.

This was done.

To give you a better timeline:

The account was supposed to be terminated a few months ago (the other guy who actually owned the account posted a bunch of threads here and on other forums as well).

Then he spammed our helpdesk for a few days with slurs (as can be seen in the OP's screenshot).

Then the OP purchased this "account" from the previous owner. This is something we do not allow (nor does any other provider in their right mind that I know of).

And then the account was closed yesterday (it was supposed to be done a couple of months ago).

To give you a TL;DR from the OP, he is trying to make the point: do not blatantly abuse the terms of service of providers (and don't threaten to fuck their mother, I guess?)

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited September 2022

@bikegremlin said: In Serbia, we don't say "Hi, old friend, haven't seen you in a long time,"
    we say "Where are you your mother's cunt!?"
    And I think it's beautiful.

Well, and then you also call daughter "sine" (sonny-boy) and son "majmune" (monkey). ;)

@KuYeHQ, previous owner screwed you nicely. Next time, like others suggested, do it legaly with contacting host.
    Hosthatch charge for vps transfer $10 and their sales/billing support (unlike tech support in some cases) resolve this relatively quickly (in 2 - 3 working days by my experience).

Thanked by 1KuYeHQ
  • Don't "transfer" vps by changing email id. :), use official method.

Thanked by 1KuYeHQ
  • Hey @KuYeHQ you should open topic like that on another forum. People here are very aware that insulting support won't help in anyway. They also know that there is no "e-mail account/password" exchange thing - providers have (or do not, it's theirs choice) proper transfer rules.

Thanked by 1KuYeHQ
  • so who's the "someone in another forum"? why mention hosthatch but not this someone?

• @KuYeHQ said:

@DP said:

This was the previous account holder's problem that they handed over to you. So it's now your problem, not hosthatch's problem.

Next time, go through the proper channels to transfer the account don't just "change the email address".

Thanked by 3Arkas RapToN skorous
  • I would not buy a VPS if I did not have full control of the account that owns and controls that VPS. As soon as the seller turns over control of the account, I would change the passwords. All of them.

I would not buy a VPS if the seller provides only VPS access and keeps control of the account that "owns" the VPS. That was the OP's mistake. By failing to secure the account, the OP left themself vulnerable to malicious activity by the seller.

Most VPS providers will cancel your ordinary VPS account if you fail to secure the VPS. You (the customer) are expected to prevent hackers from taking control of your VPS and using it for hacking activities. This incident seems comparable.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2022

@KuYeHQ said: I don't know what's going on, but it's really rude

They're tickets created by the previous owner of the account.

@emg said: I would not buy a VPS if the seller provides only VPS access and keeps control of the account that "owns" the VPS. That was the OP's mistake.

I don't think that's exactly the issue. You can see by the screenshots that OP has access to the control panel. HostHatch's billing system and VPS control system are one single system, instead of being two separate systems (like WHMCS + SolusVM). Giving someone the account details gives them access to everything, not just the VPS.

The issue is that the seller caused problems in the past. That's one of the problems with going against the ToS and giving someone your account details when selling the account. You don't know the history of that person. Maybe they're blocked from creating any new orders. Maybe they abused the service in the past and all their VMs are throttled. You never know.

I don't know of any host that lets you sell an account like this. The recipient of the account doesn't go through all their regular fraud checks performed by the host, and as such is extremely risky.

Thanked by 2emg bikegremlin
  • At the end of the day, yeah I think @KuYeHQ got scammed from who he bought the account from. He's expecting hosthatch to fix it and is blaming hosthatch on this but realistically, the guy he bought the account from screwed him over and he's out of a server and the money he paid for the account.

Do it the right way with service transfers. Don't do it this way or else you risk this situation happening.

• create a new account and transfer the vps to it and before that ask the provider if you can do that for free/fee. simple as that.

• there's the right way, and there's the MJJ way.

be a man, do the right thing.