Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PHP-Friends - Old Special sell out
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PHP-Friends - Old Special sell out

dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider
edited September 2022 in Offers

Hi guys!

we have some old specials where we can offer a sell out of cancelled servers:

vServer Black Friday 2020 SSD (Intel Xeon E5, 2 CPU-Cores, 6 GB ECC-RAM, 120 GB SSD, 1 GBit/s, free DDoS-Protection, 10 TB Traffic) - 6 month payment/commitment: 30,47 EUR incl. 19 % VAT

-> https://php-friends.de/add-to-cart/id:188

vServer Winterspecial 2020 SSD (Intel Xeon E5, 4 dedicated CPU-Cores, 8 GB ECC-RAM, 200 GB SSD, 1 GBit/s, free DDoS-Protection, 10 TB Traffic) - 3 month payment / 6 month commitment: 30,47 EUR incl. 19 % VAT

-> https://php-friends.de/add-to-cart/id:191

vServer Black Friday 2021 SSD (Intel Xeon E5 v3 / v4, 4 dedicated CPU-Cores, 16 GB DDR4-ECC-RAM, 100 GB SSD, 1 GBit/s, free DDoS-Protection, 20 TB Traffic) - 3 month payment / 12 month commitment: 29,97 EUR incl. 19 % VAT

-> https://php-friends.de/add-to-cart/id:214

vServer Winterspecial 2021 SSD Maxi (Intel Xeon E5 v3 / v4, 8 dedicated CPU-Cores, 16 GB DDR4-ECC-RAM, 160 GB SSD, 1 GBit/s, free DDoS-Protection, 20 TB Traffic) - 6 month payment / 12 month commitment: 59,94 EUR incl. 19 % VAT

-> https://php-friends.de/add-to-cart/id:255

In case you want to double ressources for double price please contact our support (except vServer Winterspecial 2021 SSD Maxi). Please note: this is a regular contract that must be cancelled 14 days before the end date. We offer prepaid servers only at avoro.eu.

Outside the EU you can deduct 19 %. All servers are only available in small quantities.

Thanked by 2jixun Ganonk

Comments

• very nice prices ... would have loved 1 year at 30€ for the first one.

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2022

I am running one of those vServer Black Friday 2021 SSD - stable, no complains, didn't notice any problems :) Support (despite being German company and only GER website [Solus is English]) speaks English. However I only tested support in billing related problems - I've made a bank transfer with wrong (older invoice number) title and they returned that (Germans! :P) - they had no problems when my payment (with correct title/invoice number) arrived a week later.

There is no pre-paid option or wallet and you don't seems to be getting invoice in advance - just they day it should be and then you have (in theory) a week to pay that [I think there is some online payment, I don't use it due to conversion rates].

However I am cheap bastard and despite this working like a charm I will try to snipe something faster/newer CPU this Black Friday (-:

Reading those - I guess there is no reason to buy vServer Black Friday 2021 SSD - just get vServer Winterspecial 2021 SSD Maxi is double the cores for the same price (okey, one is 3 months billing, second one is 6 months... but both are 12 months commitment). I was duped :(

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited September 2022

Great service, been using them for two years now and have no complaints whatsoever. Last year I was curious about how effective their ddos protection is and at some point few months ago I experienced few random attacks which were mitigated successfully. The basic ddos protection does take some seconds to kick in and you need to pay a bit extra if you wish it to be permanent (somewhat similar to OVH VAC) but in my case it worked great although I'd wish to kick in a bit faster, other than that performance and uptime have been amazing which is something that most of us look for. Did I mention the extremely affordable price?

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @PHP_Friends these come with routed /64 and nested virt enabled by any chance ?

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2022

@amarc said: nested virt enabled

processor       : 3
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 79
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2683 v4 @ 2.10GHz
    stepping        : 1
    microcode       : 0x1
    cpu MHz         : 2099.984
    cache size      : 16384 KB
    physical id     : 3
    siblings        : 1
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 1
    apicid          : 3
    initial apicid  : 3
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 20
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology cpuid tsc_known_freq pni pclmulqdq vmx ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch cpuid_fault invpcid_single pti ssbd ibrs ibpb stibp tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid ept_ad fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm rdseed adx smap xsaveopt arat umip md_clear arch_capabilities
    vmx flags       : vnmi preemption_timer posted_intr invvpid ept_x_only ept_ad ept_1gb flexpriority apicv tsc_offset vtpr mtf vapic ept vpid unrestricted_guest vapic_reg vid shadow_vmcs pml
    bugs            : cpu_meltdown spectre_v1 spectre_v2 spec_store_bypass l1tf mds swapgs taa itlb_multihit mmio_stale_data
    bogomips        : 4199.96
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

Nested virt yes, IPv6/64 subnet seems to be in SolusVM, but can't confirm if this is working or not as I disabled IPv6 support because I don't trust it :D

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

@amarc said:
    @PHP_Friends these come with routed /64 and nested virt enabled by any chance ?

With our VPS products we dont offer officially nested-virt. Its a "regular routed" /64-IPv6.

• Can't find India in country list.
    I guess it is Indien

@ravi said:
    Can't find India in country list.
    I guess it is Indien

Yes

• @PHP_Friends the bandwidth is dedicated? Upload/download traffic are counted?

@lala_th said:
    @PHP_Friends the bandwidth is dedicated? Upload/download traffic are counted?

Yes and Yes

Thanked by 2lala_th sgheghele
  • @PHP_Friends said:

@amarc said:

With our VPS products we dont offer officially nested-virt. Its a "regular routed" /64-IPv6.

I'm not going to buy one of these, but I was considering you guys for later when I need to expand...

When you say you don't offer it officially, does that mean you can do it but have to support it yourself, you don't permit it or it doesn't work?

I always prefer to run my haproxy in a separate VM to my webapp when possible and then wireguard in the host.

• @ralf said:
    I always prefer to run my haproxy in a separate VM to my webapp when possible and then wireguard in the host.

Why don't you just use Docker?

@ralf said:

@PHP_Friends said:

@amarc said:

I'm not going to buy one of these, but I was considering you guys for later when I need to expand...

When you say you don't offer it officially, does that mean you can do it but have to support it yourself, you don't permit it or it doesn't work?

Currently it is enabled by default, this may change in the future. However, our normal products will continue to have nested-virtualization included for free in the future.

Thanked by 2ralf bitti009
  • solid provider, grabbed one last year

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • Trustworthy vendor, I got an NVME one last year and it runs perfectly.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • +1 for PHP-Friends. You can't go wrong with them.

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • No questionable billing practices here. Solid provider.

• atomiatomi Member
    edited September 2022

@LTniger said: No questionable billing practices here. Solid provider.

I find this very questionable practice while other providers are cancelling discounted products or raising prices :wink:

My vps is stable and network is fast so maybe I'm gonna one more server from them because these great offers

Thanked by 1dataforest
  • @atomi said:

@LTniger said: No questionable billing practices here. Solid provider.

I find this very questionable practice while other providers are cancelling discounted products or raising prices :wink:

My vps is stable and network is fast so maybe I'm gonna one more server from them because these great offers

Try some netcup servers if tou wanna feel some questionability in billong practices. Those collectors will make your day.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • Another solid ringer for php-friends. I have a vServer Sommerspecial 2019 G2 with them since early 2019 and it's probably the second longer Server I've had in a while. It's so solid, that I often forget I have bills from them or that I even have it since it's a node of a k8 cluster. Set it and forget.

• @PHP_Friends Is it not possible to have an English version of the site/billing system? I know G translate, but, it will be easy for new customers.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • @PHP_Friends you have direct peering with DTAG/AS3320, don’t you?

• The /64 is not routed, you need to proxy ndp if you need it :(

• i have terminated this package:

Promo from PHP-Friends!

2 vCores with Nested Vir (Intel Xeon Gold 6140 / 6240)
    8GB RAM DDR4 ECC
    80GB NVMe RAID10
    1GBit bandwidth
    20TB traffic
    1x IPv4 + /64 IPv6
    SolusVM panel with German + English
    5,12 €/mo with 19% VAT. Minimum term 12 months.

if someone is interested in this server, please contact me. would then clarify whether it could be taken over and if so, on what terms.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-08-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

So 11. Sep 07:45:21 CEST 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 14 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6240 CPU @ 2.60GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2600.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 7.8 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 78.7 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-18-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 199.31 MB/s  (49.8k) | 2.81 GB/s    (43.9k)
    Write      | 199.83 MB/s  (49.9k) | 2.82 GB/s    (44.2k)
    Total      | 399.15 MB/s  (99.7k) | 5.64 GB/s    (88.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 3.76 GB/s     (7.3k) | 3.92 GB/s     (3.8k)
    Write      | 3.96 GB/s     (7.7k) | 4.18 GB/s     (4.0k)
    Total      | 7.73 GB/s    (15.1k) | 8.11 GB/s     (7.9k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 7.31 Gbits/sec  | 601 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 6.90 Gbits/sec  | 805 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 7.08 Gbits/sec  | 893 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 1.82 Gbits/sec  | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.16 Gbits/sec  | 119 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.25 Gbits/sec  | 118 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.26 Gbits/sec  | 95.8 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 8.01 Gbits/sec  | 5.59 Gbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 7.33 Gbits/sec  | 6.54 Gbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 7.46 Gbits/sec  | 7.30 Gbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 2.35 Gbits/sec  | 2.34 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 1.22 Gbits/sec  | 1.55 Gbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 1.03 Gbits/sec  | 1.29 Gbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 638
    Multi Core      | 1209

@niceboy said:
    @PHP_Friends Is it not possible to have an English version of the site/billing system? I know G translate, but, it will be easy for new customers.

Not right now, but we are working on it.

@sgheghele said:
    @PHP_Friends you have direct peering with DTAG/AS3320, don’t you?

That is correct

would then clarify whether it could be taken over and if so, on what terms.

Also no problem

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • vServer Winterspecial 2021 SSD Maxi

I can't believe it's an 8 dedicated CPU-Cores server.

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-08-20                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sa 17. Sep 02:24:48 CEST 2022

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v4 @ 2.20GHz
    CPU cores  : 8 @ 2199.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 15.7 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 153.6 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Kernel     : 4.19.0-5-amd64

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 174.38 MB/s  (43.5k) | 540.89 MB/s   (8.4k)
    Write      | 174.84 MB/s  (43.7k) | 543.74 MB/s   (8.4k)
    Total      | 349.23 MB/s  (87.3k) | 1.08 GB/s    (16.9k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 508.17 MB/s    (992) | 514.33 MB/s    (502)
    Write      | 535.18 MB/s   (1.0k) | 548.58 MB/s    (535)
    Total      | 1.04 GB/s     (2.0k) | 1.06 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 929 Mbits/sec   | 919 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 932 Mbits/sec   | busy           
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 952 Mbits/sec   | 933 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 900 Mbits/sec   | 759 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 861 Mbits/sec   | 712 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 841 Mbits/sec   | 443 Mbits/sec  

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 934 Mbits/sec   | 920 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 939 Mbits/sec   | 917 Mbits/sec  
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 916 Mbits/sec   | 917 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 877 Mbits/sec   | 728 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 857 Mbits/sec   | 653 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 833 Mbits/sec   | 594 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 591                           
    Multi Core      | 2658                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/17329931

Thanked by 2Connor7 ElonBezos
  • Ordered the vServer Winterspecial 2021 SSD Maxi, just waiting 😁

• @Teko said: I can't believe it's an 8 dedicated CPU-Cores server.

It would be 8 dedicated vcores (threads), meaning 4 actual cores.

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited September 2022

@Daniel15 said:

@Teko said: I can't believe it's an 8 dedicated CPU-Cores server.

It would be 8 dedicated vcores (threads), meaning 4 actual cores.

Its 8 vCores.
    Not 4 actual cores, neither 8 dedicated threads from cores.

Its virtualised, host kernel dynamically assigns tasks from these vCores to threads.

Because of that it can sit on 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 actual cores.

More vcores / more overselling = higher chances that tasks will be assigned to second thread on same physical core = worse scaling.
    With just 2 vCPU you have 2x scaling pretty much always.

PHP-friends doesnt oversell that much so you have way better scaling (so these 8 vcores can be comparable to some other provider with 12 or even 16 vcores), Im using them for long time and scaling is always almost perfect - in my case 4 vcores are assigned to 4 different actual cores.

Adding to discussion - Biggest benefit of such "dedicated core" offers is not even pure CPU power. Huge benefit is that they have WAY less clients on one physical server. That means that everything is faster and less limited, including RAM speed, CPU cache can actually store your data instead of getting pegged by instructions from 300 VPSes at once - Geekbench wont show it that clearly, but databases such as Redis will perform way nicer.

Thanked by 3nick_ angstrom TODO
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2022

@AXYZE said: Its 8 vCores.
    Not 4 actual cores, neither 8 dedicated threads from cores.

PHP-Friends says that it's dedicated.

Its virtualised, host kernel dynamically assigns tasks from these vCores to threads.

This really depends on how the host configures their VMs. Hosts can use processor affinity ("CPU pinning") to make particular VPSes always run on particular cores, which is generally recommended for VMs with "dedicated cores" as it significantly reduces context switching resulting in improved performance for all VMs on the machine (especially if all VMs use processor affinity).