Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any price. Looking for EU upstream server who will help with DMCA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any price. Looking for EU upstream server who will help with DMCA

Hello wise people of this great forum :)

Our legal advisor told us that:

_in the EU, the hosting provider can just check the copyright infringement notice and, if he sees that it is baseless, he can refuse to delete the content. There is no obligation to delete the content. In the US, hosting providers follow the entire DMCA process to get an immunity from liability, i.e., they first delete the content and allow the owner of the deleted content to submit a counter-notices.
_

A competitor is copying portion of our articles from our blog onto his blog and then filing DMCAs to get rid of competition. They removed their website from the wayback machine, but we have some other proof that the content is ours (I can tell you this via DM).

The "fake DMCA attack" is a nice loophole, even recommended in other forums:
blackhatworld dot com /seo/send-fake-dmca-takedown-request.286738/

Therefore I am looking for a hosting company who, when receiving a DMCA, will allow us to defend ourselves and prove you that it's invalid, before asking us to remove any content.

If your upstream provider is based in the EU and you are willing to help us with this please get in touch. I am looking for hosting that is fully managed and has cpanel and litespeed.

Thank you!

Comments

• Russia. Dmca, warez, spam etc. They will not communicate with enforcements outside russia.

• I would prefer not to associate with hosting companies that allow all sort of illegal things on their servers.

I am simply looking for a EU based server and company who can refuse to delete content after receiving a DMCA if they see the DMCA is baseless (following our counter-notice).

• Buyvm?

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2022

Fake DMCA?

https://hostslick.com/dedicated.php

Contact us here

Speak to us. IF its REALLY fake, i will not bother to reply. Just block him via Email filters from our abuse@ and drop it.

You wont have problems with him; or money back. But lets discuss this on the above link (contact us).

thanks.

Thanked by 1afn
  • @poiuyt said:
    Hello wise people of this great forum :)

Our legal advisor told us that:

_in the EU, the hosting provider can just check the copyright infringement notice and, if he sees that it is baseless, he can refuse to delete the content. There is no obligation to delete the content. In the US, hosting providers follow the entire DMCA process to get an immunity from liability, i.e., they first delete the content and allow the owner of the deleted content to submit a counter-notices.
    _

A competitor is copying portion of our articles from our blog onto his blog and then filing DMCAs to get rid of competition. They removed their website from the wayback machine, but we have some other proof that the content is ours (I can tell you this via DM).

The "fake DMCA attack" is a nice loophole, even recommended in other forums:
    blackhatworld dot com /seo/send-fake-dmca-takedown-request.286738/

Therefore I am looking for a hosting company who, when receiving a DMCA, will allow us to defend ourselves and prove you that it's invalid, before asking us to remove any content.

If your upstream provider is based in the EU and you are willing to help us with this please get in touch. I am looking for hosting that is fully managed and has cpanel and litespeed.

Thank you!

We can surely help you about this.

• @HostSlick said: Fake DMCA?

https://hostslick.com/dedicated.php

Contact us here

Speak to us. IF its REALLY fake, i will not bother to reply. Just block him via Email filters from our abuse@ and drop it.

You wont have problems with him; or money back. But lets discuss this on the above link (contact us).

thanks.

Get your own ASN and IPv4 space, /24.
    I'm sure HostSlick will peer you and won't ask questions, just prepare your wallet.
    If you are serious.

• I already told you many times in your older threads.

Just use a Offshore Hosting DMCA Ignored.
    You can find DMCA Ignored providers here:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3475421/#Comment_3475421

Is it hard for you? Choose one and then ignore the complaints. What you expect more? Easy.

• @HostMT3 said: I already told you many times in your older threads.

Don't be so hard on OP. Maybe it's his first project.
    Budget might be an issue as well. Especially in 2022.

Thanked by 1afn
  • @luckypenguin said: Don't be so hard on OP. Maybe it's his first project.

It seems budget is not the issue ("any price") but it is management. He is asking for fully managed service with cpanel, etc

• @luckypenguin said:

@HostMT3 said: I already told you many times in your older threads.

Don't be so hard on OP. Maybe it's his first project.

How I can't be rude? See his olds threads, people advice him and he stills looking for hosting... Dude is not difficult to get a offshore hosting dmca ignored and ignore those morons of fake dmca.

• @poiuyt said: A competitor is copying portion of our articles from our blog onto his blog and then filing DMCAs to get rid of competition. They removed their website from the wayback machine, but we have some other proof that the content is ours

IF you own the original content copyrights and you are hosted in the U.S. then why do you worry about DMCA? Let them file the fake DMCA, you counter it. Within 7 days they have to notify you/your host that they're filing a court case, if not, the host has to restore that content. So why worry?

I get 4-5 dmca's (fake one) on my U.S. based site, and i just counter send a dmca counter notice back to my host and that party. Then within 7-14 days I never hear from them. my content gets restored. I mean, legally the host has to restore it.

But if you are getting real DMCA then its time to move out of U.S.

• @JasonM said:

@poiuyt said: A competitor is copying portion of our articles from our blog onto his blog and then filing DMCAs to get rid of competition. They removed their website from the wayback machine, but we have some other proof that the content is ours

IF you own the original content copyrights and you are hosted in the U.S. then why do you worry about DMCA? Let them file the fake DMCA, you counter it. Within 7 days they have to notify you/your host that they're filing a court case, if not, the host has to restore that content. So why worry?

I get 4-5 dmca's (fake one) on my U.S. based site, and i just counter send a dmca counter notice back to my host and that party. Then within 7-14 days I never hear from them. my content gets restored. I mean, legally the host has to restore it.

But if you are getting real DMCA then its time to move out of U.S.

Because US is DMCA-Friendly in most of cases providers need to act and respect DMCA.
    Is more secure to OP, to move to offshore hosting and in EU.

OP is complicating, which is easy to solve. I don't know why he keeps insisting.

• @HostMT3 said: OP is complicating, which is easy to solve. I don't know why he keeps insisting.

Because our website relies mostly on organic traffic and we're concerned that having our website hosted offshore together with people committing all sorts of crimes could be detrimental to our search engine rankings.

@JasonM said: I get 4-5 dmca's (fake one) on my U.S. based site, and i just counter send a dmca counter notice back to my host and that party. Then within 7-14 days I never hear from them. my content gets restored. I mean, legally the host has to restore it.

I know the 7-14 days rule, the problem is that if your article is ranking very well and it's profitable and then you have to rewrite it or delete entire parts for 14 days, you are likely to lose ranking, so after 14 days when your old article is back online your rankings may be gone anyway.

• @poiuyt said:

@HostMT3 said: OP is complicating, which is easy to solve. I don't know why he keeps insisting.

Because our website relies mostly on organic traffic and we're concerned that having our website hosted offshore together with people committing all sorts of crimes could be detrimental to our search engine rankings.

If you use a VPS or Dedicated server it will be a dedicated IP, then is probably clean.
    There are many offshore hostings with IPs clean, Offshore doesn't mean committing all sorts of crimes. You have a wrong vision of Offshore Hostings, you may are reffering to Bulletproof hostings that is different.

That is not the reason to avoid, but do what you want. Just don't make us waste our time in things that we really advice you and you got the answer.

• poiuytpoiuyt Member
    edited September 2022

@HostMT3 said: That is not the reason to avoid, but do what you want. Just don't make us waste our time in things that we really advice you and you got the answer.

Nobody is forcing you to reply to my posts, you can block me (maybe?) or simply ignore me.

@HostMT3 said: If you use a VPS or Dedicated server it will be a dedicated IP, then is probably clean.

"Probably" is the problem. I would like to see if you would build some real estate on a "probably" safe land.

Is there any way to look if the IP is clean? I will search this around. Thank you for your help anyway.

@HostMT3 said: You have a wrong vision of Offshore Hostings, you may are reffering to Bulletproof hostings that is different.

Anyway it's true, I thought it was the same thing. Thank you for telling me the difference.

• @poiuyt said:

@HostMT3 said: That is not the reason to avoid, but do what you want. Just don't make us waste our time in things that we really advice you and you got the answer.

Nobody is forcing you to reply to my posts, you can block me (maybe?) or simply ignore me.

@HostMT3 said: If you use a VPS or Dedicated server it will be a dedicated IP, then is probably clean.

"Probably" is the problem. I would like to see if you would build some real estate on a "probably" safe land.

Is there any way to look if the IP is clean? I will search this around. Thank you for your help anyway.

@HostMT3 said: You have a wrong vision of Offshore Hostings, you may are reffering to Bulletproof hostings that is different.

Anyway it's true, I thought it was the same thing. Thank you for telling me the difference.

I don't want to be rude with you. Is not my intention to do it. I fully respect your decision.
    But most (I won't say all), Offshore Hostings are with IPs clean.

When you buy a VPS or Dedicated Server, just use that IP in blacklist website to check if is blacklisted or not. If the IP is blacklisted in all or almost everything then is not clean at all.

Where are DMCA Ignored providers I sent to you that IPs are clean or probably clean, like Ginernet, HostSlick and many more.

The risk of the IP being listed or blacklisted is more in Bulletproof Hosting than Offshore Hosting different scenarios and business. Bulletproof is more probable you have issues with IP.

The only way to prevent DMCA based in Hosting, is to switch to one that ignores DMCA. Like @HostSlick already told you. They can manage that. And I also gave you a offshore list where you can see pricing and everything.

It is not because I answer you that I am against you or have anything against you. I just think you're wasting your time, when we've already said and already answered your questions. That is, I could enjoy and experiment. If the IP is blacklisted, immediately request a new IP or ask for a refund (pay by paypal).

Easy, simple and secure.

edited September 2022

@HostMT3 said: The only way to prevent DMCA based in Hosting, is to switch to one that ignores DMCA. Like @HostSlick already told you. They can manage that. And I also gave you a offshore list where you can see pricing and everything.

@poiuyt contacted us but i have not heard anything further.
    I guess its due to his "fear" being on a Blacklisted IP. - because as i mentioned to him our Rules --> "We are only stepping in if real crisis looms the horizon and the authorities/or lawyers are contacting us and making pressure."

Just wanted to tell him Fake DMCA is no problem and we will just ignore the guy and/or block all his emails. Just need examples from his reports and best screenshots -> So we know how we have to deal with it OR what we are looking for.

Maybe he mis-understood it and now thinking we do all kinds of crap. Who knows. :smile:

I would be interested to hear your reply/thoughts on ticket @poiuyt :smile:

If we can help you, we will. Because im really against this kind of censoring.

• @HostSlick I received and appreciated your reply. I haven't contacted you back yet as I am busy with many things and I have outsourced this problem to my VA and he's taking care of it. But your company is in my list of solutions!

@HostMT3 Thank you for all the tips. You've actually been very helpful!

@poiuyt said:
    @HostSlick I received and appreciated your reply. I haven't contacted you back yet as I am busy with many things and I have outsourced this problem to my VA and he's taking care of it. But your company is in my list of solutions!

@HostMT3 Thank you for all the tips. You've actually been very helpful!

Sure. Take your time and get some rest as well this weekend.

If you have any doubts or questions you know where to find me