Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

USA dedis with Ryzens.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

USA dedis with Ryzens.

Hey, I'm looking for dedis in USA for my friend.
Can someone suggest good providers?
Can I found a good Ryzen 5 3600 around 50$ a month in USA? Prices seem to be little higher than EU.
Thanks for all the suggestions :)

Comments

• Just to bring up, any legacy/used servers in USA? Like Hetzner with i7-7700? Can't find any of that too. Sorry for double post.

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@Alano said:
    Can I found a good Ryzen 5 3600 around 50$ a month in USA? Prices seem to be little higher than EU.

When you say "EU" do you mean Hetzner?

Thanked by 1afn
  • @MrRadic said:

@Alano said:

Yessir, I was hetzner ryzen customer for a long time. I know that hetzner is super cheap and hard to beat overall, but prices are a big difference from what I see. Similar price I found only on hoponenetworks, but they don't have any opinion.

• I found that earlier and suggested to mate, but I can't find any reviews on them. I said to him reach out and talk to them :)

• @Alano said:
    I found that earlier and suggested to mate, but I can't find any reviews on them. I said to him reach out and talk to them :)

I use them. Support is a little slow, but once your server is up and running everything's smooth sailing.

Their data center is "PH1" Philadelphia. If this is actually true (how would one verify this?), then it looks to be Equinix:

https://www.equinix.com/data-centers/americas-colocation/united-states-colocation/philadelphia-data-centers/ph1

@mosquitoguy said:

@Alano said:
    I found that earlier and suggested to mate, but I can't find any reviews on them. I said to him reach out and talk to them :)

I use them. Support is a little slow, but once your server is up and running everything's smooth sailing.

Their data center is "PH1" Philadelphia. If this is actually true (how would one verify this?), then it looks to be Equinix:

https://www.equinix.com/data-centers/americas-colocation/united-states-colocation/philadelphia-data-centers/ph1

Ask them?

@Alano said:

@MrRadic said:

@Alano said:

Yessir, I was hetzner ryzen customer for a long time. I know that hetzner is super cheap and hard to beat overall, but prices are a big difference from what I see. Similar price I found only on hoponenetworks, but they don't have any opinion.

That's a single provider, not really fair to say that Europe is priced like this.

• @MrRadic said:

@Alano said:

@MrRadic said:

@Alano said:

That's a single provider, not really fair to say that Europe is priced like this.

Well I mean if the cheapest offer in the US is $20 more expensive than the cheapest offer in the EU, then why isn’t it fair?

Obviously it would change if Hetzner changes it’s pricing, but until then it’s as fair as it gets.

• @MrRadic said:
    Ask them?

It's stated on their website so asking them isn't "verifying" anything. :)

But you may be able to answer my question: Your (ReliableSite) IP has type "hosting" while hoponenetworks has type "business". Why is this? is there some requirement that forces you to choose one way or the other? I'm asking because many financial sites block "hosting" type IPs because they think it's a VPN and susceptible to fraud, but not "business".

• @emgh said:
    Well I mean if the cheapest offer in the US is $20 more expensive than the cheapest offer in the EU, then why isn’t it fair?
    Obviously it would change if Hetzner changes it’s pricing, but until then it’s as fair as it gets.

It isn't fair because Hetzner is a joke of a provider. They portscan your servers for open ports and tell you to close them. They continuously monitor the packets coming out of your servers and freeze your server if they don't like what they see. The difference between them and China are slitty eyes.

@mosquitoguy said:

@MrRadic said:
    Ask them?

It's stated on their website so asking them isn't "verifying" anything. :)

But you may be able to answer my question: Your (ReliableSite) IP has type "hosting" while hoponenetworks has type "business". Why is this? is there some requirement that forces you to choose one way or the other? I'm asking because many financial sites block "hosting" type IPs because they think it's a VPN and susceptible to fraud, but not "business".

This is all configured via PeeringDB, they simply chose to misrepresent their type of network to possibly being flagged as a hosting provider (for VPN type customers).

Thanked by 1mosquitoguy
    edited September 2022

@mosquitoguy said:

@emgh said:

It isn't fair because Hetzner is a joke of a provider. They portscan your servers for open ports and tell you to close them. They continuously monitor the packets coming out of your servers and freeze your server if they don't like what they see. The difference between them and China are slitty eyes.

While this is debatable, they are simply trying to reduce abuse of their network and your server. Most of these systems are automated, this is no different that DDoS systems scanning your traffic and making adjustments. I'm not defending Hetz here, but you have to understand things from their perspective. Processing abuse costs money and is a waste of time for everyone involved (provider and customer).

• @MrRadic said:
    Processing abuse costs money and is a waste of time for everyone involved (provider and customer).

You just answered the question of why Hetzner is cheaper than the rest.

If I can't run an unauthenticated Redis server without Hetner network police telling me to close it because it's prone to abuse, then what good is it? You might as well chop off a man's penis because it's prone to rape, or stop a woman from wearing a short skirt because she invites rapists. Welcome to China.

edited September 2022

@mosquitoguy said:

@MrRadic said:
    Processing abuse costs money and is a waste of time for everyone involved (provider and customer).

You just answered the question of why Hetzner is cheaper than the rest.

If I can't run an unauthenticated Redis server without Hetner network police telling me to close it because it's prone to abuse, then what good is it? You might as well chop off a man's penis because it's prone to rape, or stop a woman from wearing a short skirt because she invites rapists. Welcome to China.

Again, not defending Hetz here, but you need to look at things from their point of view. It's not about restricting you from doing what you want, it's about a cost perspective. The potential abuse received will outweigh any profits at their price point. While you're trying to color outside of the colors, they have 99%+ of their customer base benefiting while they avoid the <1% who cause the most headaches for the provider.

I can tell you from experience, that 80% of the abuse we receive is always from 10 IPs or less. We're always working to eliminate those, because in our perspective, taking those 10 customers offline reduces our abuse load by 80%+.

• mosquitoguymosquitoguy Barred
    edited September 2022

@MrRadic said:
    Again, not defending Hetz here, but you need to look at things from their point of view.

I understand their point of view. My point here is that I'm willing to pay extra for this freedom. The way I see it, until an "abuse" actually occurs, how I use the server that I paid for is my business. Just like some people are willing to pay more for DMCA-ignore providers, the freedom to do what you want on the server you pay for is just another feature-- for me, this is a deal-breaker feature. Hetzner telling me that my Redis server needs to be authenticated is a deal-breaker and they can find some other sheep customer to send them money.

@mosquitoguy said:

@MrRadic said:
    Again, not defending Hetz here, but you need to look at things from their point of view.

I understand their point of view. My point here is that I'm willing to pay extra for this freedom. The way I see it, until an "abuse" actually occurs, how I use the server that I paid for is my business. Just like some people are willing to pay more for DMCA-ignore providers, the freedom to do what you want on the server you pay for is just another feature-- for me, this is a deal-breaker feature. Hetzner telling me that my Redis server needs to be authenticated is a deal-breaker and they can find some other sheep customer to send them money.

Welcome to the free market, where you can choose a provider and a provider can choose their customers.

Thanked by 1Madcityservers
  • @MrRadic said:
    Welcome to the free market, where you can choose a provider and a provider can choose their customers.

Indeed! and hence my first point: It isn't a fair comparison because Hetzner is a crap provider. It should be compared with another crap provider that monitors their customers every move. Hetzner is cheap for a good reason, and other providers are more expensive for a good reason.

• I agree that hetzner is not the best, but for mine server use it doesn't matter, no need for additional ports, they can scan whatever they want etc :)

• As for as I know, this is the cheapest ryzen 3600 server in US https://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1880853

• @w_ho_ami said:
    As for as I know, this is the cheapest ryzen 3600 server in US https://webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1880853

We did order from hopone, let's see if they're OK :)

• @Alano said: We did order from hopone, let's see if they're OK

Are they OK?

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@comXyz They are ok but the network is slow.

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • @PieHasBeenEaten said:
    @comXyz They are ok but the network is slow.

I've never got any response from them via email, and also never got the verification email to verify my account with them, so weird 😂

Thanked by 1PieHasBeenEaten