Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Free Tier: Northflank (small containers)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another Free Tier: Northflank (small containers)

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited September 2022 in General

I have not used them - just came across Northflank the other night and noticed they have a free tier.

It's docker containers and such.

However, it's AWS-style network pricing which kills it for some, but some might not burn much so as always, it depends on what you're doing.

They have nice guides and docs.

Comments

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited September 2022

This is confusing AF and if you want the "Free Tier" you have no idea what you are getting I guess.

Free plans comes with Deploy your services, jobs and databases at zero cost.. Zero cost, database.

Few lines below:

Disk storage
    $0.30 / GB per month of persistent disk storage for databases and other addons.

Networking
    $0.15 / GB of network egress traffic to all regions.

Then there is (kinda deep hidden) docs page about "Free project", but this does not list limits either - acknowledge them, but not spelling those out -> https://northflank.com/docs/v1/application/billing/project-types#free-projects

I guess you will see your limits after creating an account (and adding new card?).

Yeah, no thanks.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Member, Host Rep

if anyone is trying to find some more free stuff, try free-for.dev
    https://free-for.dev/#/?id=paas

• What's the deal with intentionally not mentioning the company/service name in the title and body? If it was anyone else, this might be considered shilling. Will someone please think of the search engine?

A as F

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@TimboJones said: What's the deal with intentionally not mentioning the company/service name in the title

I don't know what you're talking about.

• @TimboJones said: What's the deal with intentionally not mentioning the company/service name in the title and body?

It's called an admin tag. Not everything that they do is allowed for peasants, especially us the
    freeloaders who don't feel like paying for a provider tag.

Thanked by 1cold
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Admin could have written a better title. Member points it out.

Admin fixes title.

Someone else complains the title was fixed.

• @luckypenguin said:

@TimboJones said: What's the deal with intentionally not mentioning the company/service name in the title and body?

It's called an admin tag. Not everything that they do is allowed for peasants, especially us the
    freeloaders who don't feel like paying for a provider tag.

I suggest you call the human rights mate !!!

• @raindog308 said:
    Admin could have written a better title. Member points it out.

Admin fixes title.

Someone else complains the title was fixed.

Who complained it was fixed?