Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transferring some GreenCloudVPS + Hosthatch boxes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transferring some GreenCloudVPS + Hosthatch boxes

brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
edited September 2022 in Service Transfers

Here's a list of VPS I'd like to put in good hands. I'm aware that the providers' transfer fees kill the deal, but maybe someone still finds them useful:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fV5qpJB_mSdc4CydepXyfdR1wO8PEQWxXEwG_cA0vnQ/edit?usp=sharing

Payment via Paypal friends or SEPA bank transfer.

Few rules:

• I do service transfers in accordance with the respective providers' policies only. No shady account transfers.
  • Any payment gateway fees are paid by the receiving party.
  • Transfers are final and non-refundable.
Thanked by 2Ganonk JerryHou

Comments

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

Great dealing and very honestly, serious, reliable and willing person, what you will not meet every day nowadays. German Old School. Thank you for all patience and effort! 111% recommended deal with him if you need something from his lists.

Thanked by 1brueggus
  • Could you save us all clicks and post the deets here please?

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited September 2022

@scooke said:
    Could you save us all clicks and post the deets here please?

Nope.

Few services left, get them while they're hot.

• @brueggus said:

In the context of receiving the payment, or receiving the domain? I think you intended for buyer to pay fees but worded it like the seller would.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TimboJones said:

@brueggus said:

In the context of receiving the payment, or receiving the domain? I think you intended for buyer to pay fees but worded it like the seller would.

Mentally strong people have the seller pay transaction fees.

• I’d love the HostHatch Sweden VPS if it wasn’t for their view on low-paying clients.

I get their view, honestly I probably do, more than most here. But, I wouldn’t want to own a VPS where they are asking me how much I pay when it downright dosen’t work.

Buuuuuuut it’s hard to pass, such a good deal for the location.

Will have a think. Probably won’t buy, but damn I want to lol

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@emgh said:
    I’d love the HostHatch Sweden VPS if it wasn’t for their view on low-paying clients.

I get their view, honestly I probably do, more than most here. But, I wouldn’t want to own a VPS where they are asking me how much I pay when it downright dosen’t work.

Buuuuuuut it’s hard to pass, such a good deal for the location.

Will have a think. Probably won’t buy, but damn I want to lol

256MB RAM jinxed it.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

Two people asked about the services in Osaka, JP and Jacksonville: Those are paid triennially, so it's $86/$70 per three years.

@emgh said: I get their view, honestly I probably do, more than most here. But, I wouldn’t want to own a VPS where they are asking me how much I pay when it downright dosen’t work.

To be fair, that box works flawlessly since 2017. I'm just letting it go because of them no longer providing IPv6 support for discounted plans.

Thanked by 1emgh
  • @miu said:
    Great dealing and very honestly, serious, reliable and willing person, what you will not meet every day nowadays. German Old School. Thank you for all patience and effort! 111% recommended deal with him if you need something from his lists.

good luck with the HOSTHATCH boxes =))

• @cold said:

@miu said:

Thank you. But i good know this "matter": I have 40 services now at them and i am their user 8 years (i know them a much better and have more experiences with them than someone other for this time - uptime, support, performance (what is decent/modest - cpus, to be honest), etc). IMO: On different from VirmAche, @hosthatch were able recover from last problems and failures (even, and in acceptable time for me), are able fix technical problems and now are things for me again good working (all). I used VirmAche usually for small SEO microsites, as i said i definitely let them go (VirmAche - disaster - this is over edge what i am willing tolerate - their inability fix outages service, terrible uptime now, and mainly total ignorance and arrogance to their affected customers - not only services weeks unrechable but they close ticket without reply and resolving - this is TOP recklessness to the customers who feed them) and tens of these micros i moved just to HH. IMO HH's rate what i pay and what i get is GOOD and what i have and get at them IS WORTH personally for me, and at all i am satisfied and accepting some deficiencies (slower support + decent/modest performance (meanCPU, etc). Too i calculate that i can lost data (i have on the mind problems with storages/disks in previous months), so i do backups of data and often also DD backups of whole partitions on small VPSes i do usually. Now support is improved (faster), and i do not remember closed ticket without reply as at VirmAche. Personally for me is important THAT THEY RESOLVED TECHNICAL ISSUES and affected services are again fully working for longer time (most VPSes are running years without troubles there for me). So really for me is big different between LE "providers" like VirmACHE and LE provider like HH is. Under the circumstances, there is no reason to leave HH - for what i pay i am satisfied what i get.

• And i do not have only small shits at them.. For example i have also 12TB storage VPS what is years working stable and good without issues till now..

• @miu said:

@cold said:

@miu said:

Thank you. But i good know this "matter": I have 40 services now at them and i am their user 8 years (i know them a much better and have more experiences with them than someone other for this time - uptime, support, performance (what is decent/modest - cpus, to be honest), etc). IMO: On different from VirmAche, @hosthatch were able recover from last problems and failures (even, and in acceptable time for me), are able fix technical problems and now are things for me again good working (all). I used VirmAche usually for small SEO microsites, as i said i definitely let them go (VirmAche - disaster - this is over edge what i am willing tolerate - their inability fix outages service, terrible uptime now, and mainly total ignorance and arrogance to their affected customers - not only services weeks unrechable but they close ticket without reply and resolving - this is TOP recklessness to the customers who feed them) and tens of these micros i moved just to HH. IMO HH's rate what i pay and what i get is GOOD and what i have and get at them IS WORTH personally for me, and at all i am satisfied and accepting some deficiencies (slower support + decent/modest performance (meanCPU, etc). Too i calculate that i can lost data (i have on the mind problems with storages/disks in previous months), so i do backups of data and often also DD backups of whole partitions on small VPSes i do usually. Now support is improved (faster), and i do not remember closed ticket without reply as at VirmAche. Personally for me is important THAT THEY RESOLVED TECHNICAL ISSUES and affected services are again fully working for longer time (most VPSes are running years without troubles there for me). So really for me is big different between LE "providers" like VirmACHE and LE provider like HH is. Under the circumstances, there is no reason to leave HH - for what i pay i am satisfied what i get.

their support is very close to the support from Virmach...read the other topics

• @miu said:
    And i do not have only small shits at them.. For example i have also 12TB storage VPS what is years working stable and good without issues till now..

just take note that it used to be 12TiB, now its 12TB.

luckily you have alternative backup etc. so it should not be huge impact.

Thanked by 1miu
  • @cybertech said:

@miu said:
    And i do not have only small shits at them.. For example i have also 12TB storage VPS what is years working stable and good without issues till now..

luckily you have alternative backup etc. so it should not be huge impact.

Yes, i backup primary on storage dedicated servers (as main backups) and second backup are then on VPSes (usually RAID-5/6x incl. this HH), i personally do not believe much to large parity raid-s VPSes (remember 3 disasters from past when i lost data there (1 time at HH, second at UltraVPS and third on CrownCloud), risk of data loss is there a much higher, especially on VPSes - where are many ppl and permanent high load). But still if there are "only backups" from data what are stored also elsewhere, no end of the world is expected when they fail.

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

@cold said:

I don't want to invent, but maybe they respond customers who pay more - preferably and faster/sooner/ more prioritary (which is correct from my point of view - who pays tens of $ per month can be preferred over the one who pays $10 annually, also simple logical reason is customers who pay more are more important for company survivor) - if I have to speak from my experience, because when i open ticket I get replies usually relatively quickly (before and now too) - either immediately (2-10 minutes; if time in US is day, not night, when i open ticket) or within a few hours at the latest. Only 1 time i remember that happened me that i was waiting several days - in time when they had several technical troubles (concretely when my Zurich VPS has been broken)

Edit: But it's TRUE that I don't read threads where other people complain. So to be precise, I ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF - my own experiences

• @cybertech said:

Yes u r right, it is 12TB not 12TiB

Disk /dev/vda: 11.7 TiB, 12884901888000 bytes, 25165824000 sectors
    Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
    Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
    Disklabel type: gpt
    Disk identifier: A05CE6E9-B161-4A12-B73D-48C4BD646B49

Device Start End Sectors Size Type
    /dev/vda1 2048 6143 4096 2M BIOS boot
    /dev/vda2 6144 4200447 4194304 2G Linux filesystem
    /dev/vda3 4200448 25171967 20971520 10G Linux filesystem
    /dev/vda4 25171968 25161918463 25136746496 11.7T Linux filesystem

• @miu said:

@cold said:

I don't want to invent, but maybe they respond customers who pay more - preferably and faster/sooner/ more prioritary (which is correct from my point of view - who pays tens of $ per month can be preferred over the one who pays $10 annually, also simple logical reason is customers who pay more are more important for company survivor) - if I have to speak from my experience, because when i open ticket I get replies usually relatively quickly (before and now too) - either immediately (2-10 minutes; if time in US is day, not night, when i open ticket) or within a few hours at the latest. Only 1 time i remember that happened me that i was waiting several days - in time when they had several technical troubles (concretely when my Zurich VPS has been broken)

Edit: But it's TRUE that I don't read threads where other people complain. So to be precise, I ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF - my own experiences

so you mean if I buy a cheaper BMW customer service should ignore me for a guy who bought a expensive one ?I thought everyone who pays is a customer like all other... I wonder if customer with cheap services are tagged or something like that

• @cold said:

@miu said:

@cold said:

so you mean if I buy a cheaper BMW customer service should ignore me for a guy who bought a expensive one ?I thought everyone who pays is a customer like all other... I wonder if customer with cheap services are tagged or something like that

are you referring to Hosthatch as BMW?

• @cybertech said:

@cold said:

@miu said:

@cold said:

are you referring to Hosthatch as BMW?

no, HOSTHATCH would be more like Skoda I guess or FIAT

Thanked by 2cybertech shelfchair
  • @cold said:

C'mon, even you don't believe that. Plus, your analogy is a one time purchase rather than a recurring revenue stream. A more apt comparison would be if you and another customer walk in to Hertz at the same time to rent a BMW. You rent once a quarter, always with a coupon for 30% off which you bitch is still too expensive, and last time give the location a shitty yelp review. The other gentleman rents multiple cars per week, knows the manager on a first name basis, and rents full price making the company tens of thousands of dollars. See which one of you gets helped first.

Thanked by 2miu bulbasaur
  • @cold said:

@miu said:

@cold said:

Say if you would be provider and would not have capacity respond on all/large amount on ticket enough fast to make all customers happy, you would choose:

a) reply in order in which ticket income (independently customer's importance for you)? (additionally when more "cheap" customers are too maybe more problematic, and probable cause you a much higher % of troubles than old proven customers)

b) or trying reply first for more important customers (say "VIP or proven hassle-free old loyalty customers") (who pay 30x more than "tiny customers" and are too so many times more important for your company be health and sustainable)?

Probable you will choose a), but i would choose b) (if i cant make all satisfied and happy - reply in good time) because simple would be more important for my company and its health. IMO: This is how many times world works in reality, this is business often, everyone first think on own survivor and interest, if cannot make all customers happy (from any reasons) will choose better option for himself, and then can take into account other factors.

Thanked by 2yoursunny bulbasaur
  • @skorous said:

@cold said:

C'mon, even you don't believe that. Plus, your analogy is a one time purchase rather than a recurring revenue stream. A more apt comparison would be if you and another customer walk in to Hertz at the same time to rent a BMW. You rent once a quarter, always with a coupon for 30% off which you bitch is still too expensive, and last time give the location a shitty yelp review. The other gentleman rents multiple cars per week, knows the manager on a first name basis, and rents full price making the company tens of thousands of dollars. See which one of you gets helped first.

rich ppl were and will always be privileged. But that doesn't mean that it's correct! all customers paid the price the provider asked and on the website it says 24/7 customers support.

• @skorous said:

@cold said:

Very good explanation and example :+1:

• coldcold Member
    edited September 2022

@miu said:

@cold said:

@miu said:

@cold said:

Say if you would be provider and would not have capacity respond on all/large amount on ticket enough fast to make all customers happy, you would choose:

a) reply in order in which ticket income (independently customer's importance for you)? (additionally when more "cheap" customers are too maybe more problematic, and probable cause you a much higher % of troubles than old proven customers)

b) or trying reply first for more important customers (say "VIP or proven hassle-free old loyalty customers") (who pay 30x more than "tiny customers" and are too so many times more important for your company be health and sustainable)?

Probable you will choose a), but i would choose b) (if i cant make all satisfied and happy - reply in good time) because simple would be more important for my company and its health. IMO: This is how many times world works in reality, this is business often, everyone first think on own survivor and interest, if cannot make all customers happy (from any reasons) will choose better option for himself, and then can take into account other factors.

no I would make it clear on the website like other providers do...it's that simple

• @cold said:

@skorous said:

@cold said:

all customers paid the price the provider asked and on the website it says 24/7 customers support.

Again I'm sorry, but if I would be forced to choose (by circumstances = in case if i cannot make everyone satisfied and give answer in time to all), I'd rather let the customers who pay me peels/crumbs be dissatisfied than several time many more paying customers. In the opposite case, if I were to risk the departure of the second group, I would cause more damage (or even risk on bankrupt) to myself as a company than if the first group starts to leave. Maybe not fair, but business reality, and rule for company to survive in troubles (choose the lesser evil and harm for them). Imo i think this would allow me / give me in bad situations more chance to fix things and rescue business again to full healthy working state, but when the second group starts to leave, this wpuld be larger disaster for me and I risk more probability of serious and bigger troubles for company (or even bankruptcy) and my chance to start doing well again is smaller then.

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

TL;DR, simplified example of whole idea:

In state, when water already began bointo my boat, rather i will repair as first (preferable, with more priority) the big holes instead small, (and not first smaller - from reason "because they happened/occurred there sooner"...) if I want to reduce the risk of drowning of my boat to a possible minimum (and the same in case of fire - my logic would be I will first put out where the fire is most intense and dangerous for me, and not where the fire started first. otherwise, the risk and probability that my whole house will burn down is greater (if the circumstances are emergency, not normal = once the fire already broke out..))

• @miu said:

@cold said:

@skorous said:

@cold said:

all customers paid the price the provider asked and on the website it says 24/7 customers support.

Again I'm sorry, but if I would be forced to choose (by circumstances = in case if i cannot make everyone satisfied and give answer in time to all), I'd rather let the customers who pay me peels/crumbs be dissatisfied than several time many more paying customers. In the opposite case, if I were to risk the departure of the second group, I would cause more damage (or even risk on bankrupt) to myself as a company than if the first group starts to leave. Maybe not fair, but business reality, and rule for company to survive in troubles (choose the lesser evil and harm for them). Imo i think this would allow me / give me in bad situations more chance to fix things and rescue business again to full healthy working state, but when the second group starts to leave, this wpuld be larger disaster for me and I risk more probability of serious and bigger troubles for company (or even bankruptcy) and my chance to start doing well again is smaller then.

i hope u will never be a provider. you have a sickmind.

Thanked by 1miu
  • miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

@cold said:

you have a sickmind.

Nevermind. I am happy that yours mind is completely realistic and very healthy (at the least, in business and emergency situations thinking) :+1:

• @miu said:

@cold said:

you have a sickmind.

Nevermind. I am happy that yours mind is completely realistic and very healthy (in business thinking) :+1:

mine is very realistic... everyone must survive... not only the "rich ppl" like you

Thanked by 1miu