Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LAMP slow when uploading files
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LAMP slow when uploading files

Hi guys,

I have a webserver which is getting exremely slow up to being unresponsive when uploading files to it.
The server beneath shows high IO wait.

I don't really have a problem with it being "slow", more when its getting unresponsive.

Example:
user1 uploads (for example - because its "big") a windows ISO. While the upload is going on, the server gets unresponsive for other users. Do I have any option to limit the IO / load per apache served process so that other users still can use the website without exremely cutting the upload speed ?

greetings to you

Comments

• jmgcaguiclajmgcaguicla Member
    edited September 2022

What does the backend look like, how does it write the file?

Sounds like you're choking it and need AIO.

• I'm using a forum software for it which runs on apache 2.4, PHP 7.4.30, MariaDB 10.5.
    Its a virtual machine on proxmox running Debian 11 with a 8TB virtio disk which is on a 40TB raid 5.
    I know its not really optimal but I'm questioning myself if I'm able to limit or split the ressources to at least serve requests while uploading.

• @Timtimo13 said:
    I'm using a forum software for it which runs on apache 2.4, PHP 7.4.30, MariaDB 10.5.
    Its a virtual machine on proxmox running Debian 11 with a 8TB virtio disk which is on a 40TB raid 5.
    I know its not really optimal but I'm questioning myself if I'm able to limit or split the ressources to at least serve requests while uploading.

It is probably serving requests. Just not to the user uploading (because of session locking).
    If it is your script you can change the way of uploading to more chunky way with some js and php magic. If you are using some ready script then good luck.