Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach VPSes transfer (mass/multiple) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach VPSes transfer (mass/multiple)

2»

Comments

• @risturiz said:
    Click bait? Change the tittle if you don't want to transfer any server :-)

not bait. just more sex.

Thanked by 1edrebe
  • @miu said:

@cold said:
    is this a joke ? I wouldn't take them not even for free...

and I bet you that if I published a sheet with specifications (list), such people would be found (their fans, for who are unworking VPSes still good when are cheap (for me not) - who would be interested in that)
    But i will not do it if this has no sense ever, as discussed above

Can you publish the specs? I'll gladly take few off your hand.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FrankZ said:
    Hi @miu do you have any of these VMs, or simular?

$8.88/yr 1 vCPU / 1.9GB RAM / 45G SSD
    $8.84/yr 1 vCPU / 2GB RAM / 35G SSD, 3.5TB BW
    $2.32/yr 3 vCPU / 3232M RAM / 23G SSD / 2323G BW
    $4.34/yr 3 vCPU / 3434M RAM / 43G SSD / 4343G BW
    $8.38/yr 3 vCPU / 3838M RAM / 83G SSD / 8383G BW

My $8.88 is better than yours.
    2 vCPU instead of 1.

Transfers are not hard, they just take a few weeks/months to complete these days. One way to get around the long transfer time issue, if the buyer is someone you think you can trust, is since each VM has a separate SolusVM username and password you can just give the SolusVM username and password for the VM to the buyer. That way they can manage the VM without your assistance until the transfer completes.

EDIT: It does not mater if the VM is currently broken or what location. I will also pay renewal if not transferred before next billing if given SolusVM access.

Nowadays SolusVM username is no longer given, so that you cannot give others access to your SolusVM.
    Moreover, passing along SolusVM credentials is against LET transfer rules.

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

@DanSummer said:
    Can you publish the specs? I'll gladly take few off your hand.

I had planned to do this when i opened this thread (sort them and make a list of them, in case if transfer would be not big hassle)

But after reading this madness:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/181309/virmach-vpses-transfer-mass-multiple/p1#Comment_3478803

i realized that all this effort and complication with them not worth me for it (endless ticketing with their fantastic support, +many time i got closed ticket without reply, buyers will be nervous, all stuck, then i will must resolve refunds, and between all, reply on xyz PMs, this is not worth for these few $ and peels, killed effort & time at this current circumstances, sorry, i gave it up rather)

Additionally, when then i got today by VirmAche 10 invoices x $15 fee "for blacklisted IPv4" - where they provided me first before few days at their "migration" blacklisted spammy IPs and now bomb me with automated tickets that my service's xyz IPs became blacklisted + invoices for it, i really have enough them..

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

@risturiz said:
    Click bait? Change the tittle if you don't want to transfer any server :-)

1) When i opened this thread, transfers was intended
    2) After few ~ tens minutes is button edit away (for user) = i cannot now change title (sorry for this that now is title unrelevant), but you can change it instead me i agree with it :wink:

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2022

@yoursunny said: My $8.88 is better than yours.
    2 vCPU instead of 1.

Keep me in mind if you ever want to get rid of it. :wink:

@yoursunny said: Nowadays SolusVM username is no longer given, so that you cannot give others access to your SolusVM.

Pretty easy to resolve. I recently asked how to do this and received many helpful answers from members. I now have all my SolusVM usernames and have reset the passwords. I did this as a precaution for if/when the billing panel times out. One has to be prepared for things you know. :)

@yoursunny said: Moreover, passing along SolusVM credentials is against LET transfer rules.

I don't see anything in the rules about this, can you point me to the reason why you say this. I was not talking about transferring the account, as described in the rules below, just giving SolusVM access after the transfer has been requested.

@JackH said: The transfer must be allowed by the provider and done in official methods. Transferring the whole account by changing the account information is not allowed.

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

@FrankZ said:

@yoursunny said: Nowadays SolusVM username is no longer given, so that you cannot give others access to your SolusVM.

Pretty easy to resolve. I recently asked how to do this and received many helpful answers from members. I now have all my SolusVM usernames and have reset the passwords. I did this as a precaution for if/when the billing panel times out. One has to be prepared for things you know. :)

Yes, can confirm it, this normally works (gain direct credentials with pass reset function/button)

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:
    JackH said (/discussion/153228/lowendtalk-selling-rules-updated-june-2022): The transfer must be allowed by the provider and done in official methods. Transferring the whole account by changing the account information is not allowed.

This would be easy easiest way in cases when u need/wanna transfer tens of services (if would be allowed transfer whole account w all services with only changing info about new holder (and say some verification of his if provider wanna)).. But it is not possible as u wrote (and i doubt that even some provider would be willing allow such thing)

@miu said:

@FrankZ said:

Yes, can confirm it, this normally works (gain direct credentials with pass reset function/button)

I have a VirBot deal that has:

• no activation email
    • no migration email
    • no way to know SolusVM username

SolusVM password reset works only if you know the username.

• @yoursunny said:

@miu said:

@FrankZ said:

• no activation email
    • no migration email

Your email what you should give at password reset (where SolusVM will send you reset link) is the same email as u use in VirmAche billing account

I did this multiple times just at VirmAche (got direct SolusVM credentials with password reset buton) - because often was their billing panel not able work with VPS and Solus interface

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2022

@yoursunny There are a few different prefaces but the most likely is kvmspec[vmidnumber] enter as username in solusvm password reset screen. https://solusvm.virmach.com/lostpassword.php

@miu said: This would be easy easiest way in cases when u need/wanna transfer tens of services (if would be allowed transfer whole account w all services with only changing info about new holder (and say some verification of his if provider wanna)).. But it is not possible as u wrote (and i doubt that even some provider would be willing allow such thing)

one issue here, even it was not against LET rules, is VirMach has a rule against multiple accounts.

• miumiu Member
    edited September 2022

@miu said:

@yoursunny said:

@FrankZ said:

@miu said:

@yoursunny said:

@miu said:

@FrankZ said:

• no activation email
    • no migration email

Your email what you should give at password reset (where SolusVM will send you reset link) is the same email as u use in VirmAche billing account

I did this multiple times just at VirmAche (got direct SolusVM credentials with password reset buton) - because often was their billing panel not able work with VPS and Solus interface

CORRECTION: Apologies - I remembered it bad: YOu need know username for pass reset not email, and username u can obtain from service activation email:

edited September 2022

@FrankZ said:
    @yoursunny There are a few different prefaces but the most likely is kvmspec[vmidnumber] enter as username in solusvm password reset screen. https://solusvm.virmach.com/lostpassword.php

That particular service (2021-Sep VirBot deal) has no activation email.
    I tried kvmspec prefix and email is not coming.
    (My other service has kvmspec pattern and I can get password reset email.)

In any case, that service is to be cancelled this month, so…

• @yoursunny said: I tried kvmspec prefix and email is not coming.

Did it give you a "The Username You Entered Could Not be Found on Our System" error or did it say that the password reset email has been send to your email address.

If the former then the username is wrong. If the later then the username is correct.

Although i now expect that this whole line of conversation is probably irrelevant to you if you are canceling the VM in ~ a week. I did not think you were trolling me above, but I'll keep that in mind for next time.

@FrankZ said:

@yoursunny said: I tried kvmspec prefix and email is not coming.

Did it give you a "The Username You Entered Could Not be Found on Our System" error or did it say that the password reset email has been send to your email address.

If the former then the username is wrong. If the later then the username is correct.

I saw "email sent" but no email arrives.

Although i now expect that this whole line of conversation is probably irrelevant to you if you are canceling the VM in ~ a week. I did not think you were trolling me above, but I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Well, it helped me gain access to the $8.88, which does follow kvmspec pattern.

• @yoursunny said: I saw "email sent" but no email arrives.

Go through the billing panel to SolusVM for that VM and make sure your email is correct in the SolusVM "MyAccount" section. Click the name in top right corner, the pull down will show "MyAccount".

@FrankZ said:

@yoursunny said: I saw "email sent" but no email arrives.

Go through the billing panel to SolusVM for that VM and make sure your email is correct in the SolusVM "MyAccount" section. Click the name in top right corner, the pull down will show "MyAccount".

Email is correct, but there's no email coming.