Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RamNode | OpenVZ VPS $12/yr LET Sale - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RamNode | OpenVZ VPS $12/yr LET Sale

Comments

• RamNode showing the rookies how is done. :*

• zedzed Member
    edited September 2022

I had a handful of the old 128mb "CVZ" units over the years, some with 2 or 3 ips, some at $14.88/yr or $13.92/yr. Over time they were replaced with newer (larger) plans from other providers, last one cancelled late 2020 actually.

Picked up a pair of "1GB OpenVZ SVZS", welcome back RN <3

Somebody point me to ovz7/wireguard docs?

Thanked by 1FrankRuan
  • @zed said:
    I had a handful of the old 128mb "CVZ" units over the years, some with 2 or 3 ips, some at $14.88/yr or $13.92/yr. Over time they were replaced with newer (larger) plans from other providers, last one cancelled late 2020 actually.

Picked up a pair of "1GB OpenVZ SVZS", welcome back RN <3

Somebody point me to ovz7/wireguard docs?

Go search "wireguard-go", it's basically as simple as the kernel space implementation.

Thanked by 1zed
  • any yearly offer on shared hosting plan? seems the price was increased from $4/mo to $5/mo

• Still have one of those legacy plans. Runs just as well as years ago.

Would pick up one of these plans if it was recurring past the three years. It's a great deal

Good to see Ramnode back in the game

Thanked by 1TimRoo
  • bruh in 3 years you will not care about this VM. Hardware changes, provider changes, etc. Meaning that a having recurring discount three times is enough. @kendid

• Waiting for the KVM sale! :)

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @Hxxx said:
    bruh in 3 years you will not care

In 3 years, Virtuozzo will probably abandon OpenVZ just like Red Hat and CentOS, at which point ovz will probably just die.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

One of the best deals this community has seen lately.

A real "low end" offer like in the old times, with OVZ, old hardware, but still great bang for your buck.

Also great to see the honesty, this can't last forever and if it lasts 3 years it is already a lot.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • One of my oldest and very reliable provider(Since 2013). Out of my 4 RN boxes, I moved one when RN is sold. And recently, when received their ip pricing mail, ordered some where else and prepared to move 2 more(didn't know that the legacy plans are UN-affected).

Never had anything to complain all these years and was really a RN fan boy.

If you need something reliable, you can count on RN.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • @Nyr said:

Also great to see the honesty, this can't last forever and if it lasts 3 years it is already a lot.

this is true ...

Thanked by 1nessa
  • please add debian 11 and ubuntu 22.04 !

Thanked by 1nessa
  • nessanessa Member, Patron Provider

@gongyi said:
    please add debian 11 and ubuntu 22.04 !

I'm working on it :)

• @nessa said:

@gongyi said:
    please add debian 11 and ubuntu 22.04 !

I'm working on it :)

Please don't. That is one of my last reasons NOT to buy. Take that away and...
    Thank you

Thanked by 1yoursunny

Thank you

I've received several requests from both LET and LES. If you aren't interested in the offer, don't take it :)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@nessa said:

Thank you

I've received several requests from both LET and LES. If you aren't interested in the offer, don't take it :)

He means if you add it then he is going to buy 🤣

He means if you add it then he is going to buy 🤣

o:) I must have totally read that wrong

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • @nessa said:

Thank you

Are we gonna get Rocky / Alma 9 soon?

I'm working on that too!

Thanked by 1machinetto
  • @nessa said:

I'm working on that too!

Would be great to see /64 subnets on your cloud platform!

I hear ya. Our new cloud will work ipv6 a little differently, but I'm not 100% sure what that will look like right now as we're still in active development.

• @nessa said:

I hear ya. Our new cloud will work ipv6 a little differently, but I'm not 100% sure what that will look like right now as we're still in active development.

Great to hear, keep the nice work!

Thanked by 1nessa
  • @nessa said:

I'm working on that too!

Very promising to see how active and responsive you've been to community feedback. Wishing you all the best! :)

edited September 2022

Hi all, thank you for your patience. I've added AlmaLinux 9 and Debian 11. Ubuntu 22 is going to be a little bit of a challenge but right now you can install 20 and dist upgrade to 22.

@nessa said:
    Hi all, thank you for your patience. I've added AlmaLinux 9 and Debian 11. Ubuntu 22 is going to be a little bit of a challenge but right now you can install 20 and dist upgrade to 22.

We have Ubuntu 22 now ;)

Thanked by 1lovelyserver
  • @nessa said:

Wow! That's incredible that you were able to add these in such short notice. Thank you for adding these!

Thanked by 2nessa yoursunny
  • emghemgh Member
    edited September 2022

@nessa said:

@nessa said:

We have Ubuntu 22 now ;)

They got Ubuntu 22.04 on OpenVZ and I'm paying 4x as much at AWS (Lightsail) and I'm stuck with 20.04 lol

(of course command-line upgrading Ubuntu is simple, but still)

Thanked by 2nessa lovelyserver
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@nessa said: I heard it's been a while since we ran any low-end specials, so I have a couple for you!

Thanked by 1nessa
  • Outstanding deal, and finally someone that matches and even beats the pings I get at RackNerd! I am very tempted.

Thanked by 1nessa
  • I am from Vietnam and I cannot pass your phone verification to register. There are no sms or call to my phone to get the code