Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking 2 servers in Asia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Seeking 2 servers in Asia

machinettomachinetto Member
edited September 2022 in Providers

I need 2 servers in the Asia region, thought I'd get advice from the community. India, Singapore, Hongkong - in order of preference.

a) 1c 1gb 20gb disk 1tb bw @ $25/year or less

b) 4c 4gb+ 50gb+ disk 2tb+ bw @ $120/year or less

Location: India, Singapore, Hongkong - in order of preference.

Rocky Linux 9 preferred
Rocky/Alma 8 acceptable

Non laggard service/support would be a bonus.

Currently my options are FiberVM or Contabo for b), no leads for a). I would have gone for Contabo already if it weren't for their $7 setup fee.

Comments

• Hosthatch ?

• @add_iT said:
    Hosthatch ?

They were originally on my shortlist too, but I noticed too many complaints while lurking LET, so it got left behind.

Speedypage was also on my list, but I believe their SG location might be out of stock for now.

Would it be worth waiting for Black Friday? We might see better availability and offers, right?

• Go with Leaseweb or OVH

• @machinetto said:

@add_iT said:
    Hosthatch ?

They were originally on my shortlist too, but I noticed too many complaints while lurking LET, so it got left behind.

Speedypage was also on my list, but I believe their SG location might be out of stock for now.

Would it be worth waiting for Black Friday? We might see better availability and offers, right?

https://shockhosting.net/vps

Btw They have 50% promo right now

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@machinetto said: They were originally on my shortlist too, but I noticed too many complaints while lurking LET, so it got left behind.

It just because their support, otherwise their service is best bang for the bucks

I am satisified with my SG and HK vps with them, best price you can get within others, except lack of support

Or you should wait for https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale to be restocked

They have good price too

Just Wait to be restocked

• Yeah GreenCloud was on my radar too, but like you said - all sold out.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@machinetto said:

@add_iT said:
    Hosthatch ?

Please do let me know if you see any complaints regarding services on hosthatch.com too :)

Thanked by 1machinetto
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

@hosthatch said:

@machinetto said:

@add_iT said:
    Hosthatch ?

Please do let me know if you see any complaints regarding services on hosthatch.com too :)

Are you still working for new panel transition?

Because most of my legacy vm not working after reinstalling in new panel, it got broken cannot boot and reinstall

I think it because disk shrink or grub boot loader thing

And maybe that what most people complaining too

Otherwise , vm itself was perfectly fine

@add_iT said:

Are you still working for new panel transition?

Yes, we are. If you have a ticket open, we'll get back to you once we have fixed it for your VM.

• @hosthatch said:

@machinetto said:

@add_iT said:
    Hosthatch ?

Hello Hosthatch, Appreciate you taking the time to address the criticisms. There were a bunch of complaints, a simple search would highlight them, but out of respect & courtesy I'll refrain from posting the links (unless you insist). I know that each complaint can have more to the story than what's initially posted, but its the recurring occurrence which caused me go out of favour.

I am still willing to give Hosthatch a shot, but the pricing is a little out of my budget for now. Can we work something out in the DMs?

@machinetto said:

I am still willing to give Hosthatch a shot, but the pricing is a little out of my budget for now. Can we work something out in the DMs?

In times of extreme inflation and others raising their prices, we plan to keep our prices stable (even if our costs are higher than before), so we won't be able to do discounts unfortunately.

Thanked by 1machinetto
  • @machinetto said:

Hosthatch has the best price (non-promo) for Singapore location. They are also solid until you don't need support.

If you are planning to go for hosthatch:
    1) Make sure to backup on a remote location.
    2) Go for monthly payment. Although they offer some discount on annual payment term.
    3) When you find any promo, you can migrate your server.

Thanked by 1machinetto

@ravi said: 2) Go for monthly payment. Although they offer some discount on annual payment term.

My personal suggestion would be not to do that because you'll be going from excellent support to promotional support.

If you are looking for the best bang for the buck, you can wait for Black Friday and pick up some nice deals, but again, those plans do not come with the same level of support and that can be frustrating.

But of course, that is your own decision to make based on your requirements.

Thanked by 1ravi
  • @hosthatch said:

@ravi said: 2) Go for monthly payment. Although they offer some discount on annual payment term.

My personal suggestion would be not to do that because you'll be going from excellent support to promotional support.

If you are looking for the best bang for the buck, you can wait for Black Friday and pick up some nice deals, but again, those plans do not come with the same level of support and that can be frustrating.

But of course, that is your own decision to make based on your requirements.

Wow , Any hint about next BF ? are price still same , cheaper, or slightly expensive than last BF ??

• @hosthatch said:

I will grab some Singapore deals :)

• add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited September 2022

My Hosthatch issue now has been resolved, it tooks 4 days and they did resolve my issue

• @speedypage said:
    Our Singapore will be restocked within the next few days :)

Will these be the same plans as earlier, the ones that are currently greyed out on your website? or completely new configs and offers?

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@machinetto said:

@speedypage said:
    Our Singapore will be restocked within the next few days :)

Will these be the same plans as earlier, the ones that are currently greyed out on your website? or completely new configs and offers?

They will likely be the exact same or have smaller amounts of bandwidth, other than that they will be identical.

• OVH Singapore ?

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our Budget KVM plans in SG & HK here: https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale
    Just added a few more qty to stock.

Thanked by 1machinetto