Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KnownHost Buys ComfortHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KnownHost Buys ComfortHost

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
edited August 2022 in General

News is about a week old.

https://cloudequitygroup.com/cloud-equity-group-announces-sale-of-comforthost.html

"ComfortHost is a web hosting company that provides shared, reseller, virtual private server, cloud, and dedicated server hosting to customers internationally. The firm provides hosting services out of its datacenter locations in Orlando, Buffalo, and Barcelona."

CLoud Equity is a PE firm that also unloaded Wordpress/Joomla host CloudAccess earlier this year.

Comments

• Never heard from this companys.

• @ascicode said:
    Never heard from this companys.

KnownHost I've heard of, so they are a know host¹ to me.

----
    [1] Ha ha! See what I did there‽

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@ascicode said: Never heard from this companys.

KnownHost is, well, known. I'd never heard of ComfortHost before this acquisition, but I'm not really shopper in the $9/mo shared hosting market.

• HxxxHxxx Member

@jonathanspw congratulation Sir.
    Probably feeling amazing. Solid business and now growing strategically. Are you going to do colo services now?

• Guys, knowhost sells shared only in US or I Amsterdam too?
    When I start making an order I see only US locations, but I can't understand this is NL out of stock, or they never sell shared in NL?

• VoidVoid Member

Yet both are unknown

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited August 2022

@jmaxwell it might be new to you but I've known and/or used these guys since the time of WiredTree Managed VPS company. Good ol times by the way. At the time it was WiredTree or KnownHost the best options in terms of managed VPS. Wiredtree got sold to LiquidWeb. KnownHost have been in the market 10+ years probably, very well known over WHT. They do some spicy deals here in BFriday.

I also noticed they launched a new website recently. Interesting the fresh new branding.

• i had bought comfort vps from them in those old HVH days.. yeah.. that's the same site comfort host. Average vps. It's surprising why would (premium) company like Knownhost would by comforthost (average provider)?? And just visited their site, they are still in HDD era!

• ArkasArkas Moderator

ComfortHost... Sounds like they should be selling couches.

Thanked by 1BingoBongo
  • VoidVoid Member

@Hxxx said:
    @jmaxwell it might be new to you but I've known and/or used these guys since the time of WiredTree Managed VPS company. Good ol times by the way. At the time it was WiredTree or KnownHost the best options in terms of managed VPS. Wiredtree got sold to LiquidWeb. KnownHost have been in the market 10+ years probably, very well known over WHT. They do some spicy deals here in BFriday.

I also noticed they launched a new website recently. Interesting the fresh new branding.

Ok. It is very comforting, knowing that

• @jmaxwell said:

@Hxxx said:

Ok. It is very comforting, knowing that

You might say...

comfort... hosting...

I tried to make it a thing. It didn't work out.

• Thanked by 1JasonM