Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i am looking for solid and serious cpanel webhosting with location eu/de
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

i am looking for solid and serious cpanel webhosting with location eu/de

hyperblasthyperblast Member
edited August 2022 in Requests

since it is not possible to estimate exactly how things might develop at racknerd, i would like to take the precaution of checking out the alternative possibilities in the hosting sector.

I am looking for a cPanel hosting package that roughly meets these requirements:

shared - 60 GB
60 GB NVME/SSD Disk Space
6 TB Monthly Transfer
Unlimited Databases
Host 10 Domains
Free SSL Certificates
cPanel Control Panel
LiteSpeed Web Server
Free Offsite Daily Backups (JetBackup)
MailChannels Hybrid - Premium Email Delivery (or similar system)
dedicated IP (+7,50€/year)

Price per year: 15€ (we also accept prepayment for 3 years, with discount)

are there any solid providers that offer such a package?

Comments

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep

Good luck, your budget is too low may be someone can offer you but without a dedicated IP.

• @ManishPant said:
    Good luck, your budget is too low may be someone can offer you but without a dedicated IP.

thanks ;)

anyway, what do you think would be the lower price limit for what i am looking for?

• @hyperblast said:

what do you think would be the lower price limit for what i am looking for?

@speedypage @EthernetServers @kuroit @DediRock @Blazingfast_IO @visualwebtechnologies @MikePT @RamNode @alexhost - @inmotion hosting @siteground @extravm @Cloudways

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

I think you need to up your budget I am afraid, especially for cPanel. Providers get charged a monthly fee per account that goes up every year, not factoring in the actual payment transaction fees and a profit margin.

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @speedypage said:
    I think you need to up your budget I am afraid, especially for cPanel. Providers get charged a monthly fee per account that goes up every year, not factoring in the actual payment transaction fees and a profit margin.

from your point of view, what would be a reasonable low-end price for the requirements i have described?

• LeviLevi Member

Minimum 200€/year for solid shared hosting with all listed requirements. Pay less - you will get fingered.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

I got DirectAdmin https://hostslick.com/web-hosting.php

I can upper it to 60GB ssd on Package III for you and make 2tb bw :)

Thanked by 1hyperblast
  • @LTniger said:
    Minimum 200€/year for solid shared hosting with all listed requirements. Pay less - you will get fingered.

Ouch.

• LeviLevi Member

@hyperblast said:

@LTniger said:

Ouch.

Of course you can go with one of the local heroes for a lot less. But you know, anytime you may face "family or health issues" of so called providers.

• sure, i know.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@hyperblast said:
    since it is not possible to estimate exactly how things might develop at racknerd, i would like to take the precaution of checking out the alternative possibilities in the hosting sector.

I am looking for a cPanel hosting package that roughly meets these requirements:

shared - 60 GB
    6 TB Monthly Transfer
    Unlimited Databases
    Host 10 Domains
    Free SSL Certificates
    cPanel Control Panel
    LiteSpeed Web Server

Price per year: 15€ (we also accept prepayment for 3 years, with discount)

As you know the cost very well, why not to provide the service yourself? For €45 for 3 years with cPanel control panel you need to rethink your budget otherwise you are day dreaming.

• @WebProject said:
    As you know the cost very well, why not to provide the service yourself? For €45 for 3 years with cPanel control panel you need to rethink your budget otherwise you are day dreaming.

that's not my point. i think it's a shame that you haven't understood what my concern is. is it because many are now waiting - and expecting good rip-offs - when perhaps users would have to switch away from racknerd?

• kuroitkuroit Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:

For regular pricing on the websites, thats about right!
    For LET, I would say 80-90€.

Anything lower is no-no for me as overall license costs is around 120€ per month so anything lower is bound to collapse sooner or later.

• emghemgh Member

@hyperblast said: shared - 60 GB

6 TB Monthly Transfer
    Unlimited Databases
    Host 10 Domains
    Free SSL Certificates
    cPanel Control Panel
    LiteSpeed Web Server

For making this slighly more resonable:

Only require the disk space that you need, do you really need 60 GB? It pushes a lot of packages out of consideration.

Do you really need 6 TB transfer? Also limits your options a lot.

10 Domains is resonable, keep that requirement if needed.

Same goes with free SSL, should be a standard.

cPanel? Really needed? I'll be honest, I prefer it too, but you'll have to pay a lot extra. If you can settle for DA, which is a decent panel, you're yet again opening closed doors.

LiteSpeed too requires licensing, and it's just not worth it usually. Obviously this depends on hosted sites. Static content will do well anywhere, for WP, I actually prefer Nginx + Redis (Full-Page & Object). Either broaden to Nginx, LiteSpeed or OpenLiteSpeed, or allow Apache as well (probably good enough).

Free Offsite Daily Backups is nice to have I guess, but at your pricepoint - maybe somewhat limiting. I'd go with whatever, and if the sites are static make sure to have some FTP-type backup solution, and if WP, just setup a backup plugin and point it to Google Drive (if not too much storage required) or if you do require more storage, B2, it'll be really really cheap. Nearly free. As long as you don't store a huge amount that is. $5/TB/month gets very cheap if you've got like 50 GB of backups at a given time.

MailChannels Hybrid - Skip this at your budget. Use a free or really cheap external service for emailing.

Dedicated IP - Not a lot of providers do this for much a low sum, it's as limiting as the storage requirement, is this really needed?

Think about these points and reply with your bare minimum requirements, and you'll get better offers.

• AndruAndru Member
    edited August 2022

@hyperblast said:

100% No.

• emghemgh Member

Check out my latest thread for an e-mail alternative so that you can skip that requirement.

• @emgh I am trying to find out what other suppliers are charging for the above setting (it is clear that it is a racknerd setting (christmal 2021 action).

Thank you for your comprehensive explanation.

• emghemgh Member

@hyperblast said:
    @emgh I am trying to find out what other suppliers are charging for the above setting (it is clear that it is a racknerd setting (christmal 2021 action).

Thank you for your comprehensive explanation.

No problem, posting my free email thread in a few minutes :)

• @emgh said:
    Check out my latest thread for an e-mail alternative so that you can skip that requirement.

i am with mxroute already... can use it ;)

Thanked by 1emgh
  • emghemgh Member

I really don't want to do this, since you asked for "solid and serious", but in your price-range ..

@dustinc said: 70 GB cPanel Shared Hosting Special

70 GB SSD Disk Space
    5TB Monthly Transfer
    Unlimited Databases
    Host 10 Domains
    Free SSL Certificates
    CloudLinux Powered
    Softaculous Script Installer
    LiteSpeed Web Server w/ LSCache
    Free Offsite Daily Backups Included (JetBackup)
    KernelCare Enabled (maximum security/uptime)
    MailChannels Hybrid - Premium Email Delivery
    FREE Clientexec License (one per active customer)
    cPanel Control Panel
    Available in: Multiple locations
    JUST $15.88/Year! (Singapore + $8/Year)
    INSTANTLY SETUP - DEPLOY NOW: https://my.racknerd.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=625

• @emgh please dont do it. i know this offer. but did you read my first post in here?

"since it is not possible to estimate exactly how things might develop at racknerd, i would like to take the precaution of checking out the alternative possibilities in the hosting sector."

for this reason, there is little point in pointing me to racknerd do you understand?

• emghemgh Member

@hyperblast said:
    @emgh please dont do it. i know this offer. but did you read my first post in here?

"since it is not possible to estimate exactly how things might develop at racknerd, i would like to take the precaution of checking out the alternative possibilities in the hosting sector."

for this reason, there is little point in pointing me to racknerd do you understand?

Yes, but your requirements and budget make other options pretty much non-existing. Pay-up or suck-up really (without wanting to be rude) :)

• that's exactly my point... to find out what works and what does not work and what may be other market prices (besides racknerd) but still lowend.

i'm not about starting a hate thread against racknerd here. that's why your reference to racknerd's offer was actually superfluous and inappropriate.

• emghemgh Member

@hyperblast said: superfluous and inappropriate

I'll take your feelings into account as soon as you start paying me.

• ;)

Thanked by 1emgh