Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to login webmin/virtualmin panel but it gives tunnel connection error
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Trying to login webmin/virtualmin panel but it gives tunnel connection error

I try to login to virtualmin via :10000 but it gives this error:

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at **https://******:10000/** might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED

what should I do? Should I hard reboot the server from the hosting panel?
It was working fine in the past while using the panel via VPN. But now it gives error.

Comments

• NetDynamics24NetDynamics24 Member, Host Rep

Yes try to reboot the server.

• emgemg Veteran

Please confirm that it worked before and now it does not work. This is not a first-time test of a new installation?

• what should I do?

Create a Virmach support ticket.

• LikloveLiklove Member
    edited August 2022

@emg said:
    Please confirm that it worked before and now it does not work. This is not a first-time test of a new installation?

its not a new installation. It is an existing CentOS 7 server with webmin/virtualmin free software in it.
    It happened before but didnt remember how to resolve this same issue. Now it happens again. Do not know why. But i am not confident enough to hard reboot the server. Last time i did broke something and i was so frustrated to solve extra problems after the reboot.

• If you do not want to reboot just do
    sudo service webmin restart