Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alternative to Zoho Mail Premium plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alternative to Zoho Mail Premium plan

Are there any alternatives to Zoho Mail's premium plan? Their plan is 5$/user/month (paid annually) and each user gets 50GB space. The price is okay, but I am looking for a way that is more flexible with space. Most of the email addresses I will create would be okay with a 5GB mailbox, but 1 or 2 may need 100GB of space. This might mean something like MXRoute (but looks like the largest plan is 50GB).

TL;DR - Looking for a reliable email host that can give me initially 200 GB of space and ability to add multiple email addresses with custom user mailbox size.

Comments

• mhnmhn Member

icloud+ 200gb for 3 eur/m

• Gmail? upto 5TB per user, for each user regardless, same 5$/user/month.

• zoho free plan

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

@mhn said:
    icloud+ 200gb for 3 eur/m

Pricing is country based for Zoho and for iCloud (almost same across nations for the latter, slight difference)

iCloud - I pay INR 75 or just under US 1 Dollar/ month (plus taxes) for 50 GB storage / 5 email aliases etc..

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201238

Zoho Mail 5 GB per user per month is INR 59 or INR 75 for 10 GB (plus tax). 1 SGD or USD for 5 GB / 1.25 SGD/USD for 10 GB per month.

https://www.zoho.com/mail/zohomail-pricing.html

Zoho I believe has a minimum of 5 users in paid plans.

Thanked by 1abytecurious
  • @luckypenguin said: Gmail? upto 5TB per user, for each user regardless, same 5$/user/month.

Any link? Google Workspace starts at 6$/month with 30GB storage.

@vyas11 said: Zoho I believe has a minimum of 5 users in paid plans.

I have 5 accounts to create, so that works out.

Another option I am thinking of is to go for the Lite plan and buy additional storage for those who need it. https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/adminconsole/subscription.html#alink11 (not sure if I can do it with Free plan + extra storage)

• gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited August 2022

@abytecurious
    You need minimum 200gb total space for 5 users with custom domain/s support?
    Is that correct?
    What are you willing to pay?

I can vouch for www.inbox.eu 9,99€ for 100gb per user and year
    They also have a business plan which supports more users.

@VPSSLIM any custom offer for this gentleman?

Thanked by 1vyas11
  • abytecuriousabytecurious Member
    edited August 2022

@gbzret4d inbox.eu seems awesome. Thanks! Would like the flexibility to re-organize the mailbox size though.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

@gbzret4d said:

inbox.eu is under rated, good service (They also offer storage space @ 50 or 100 GB depending on plan). I had reviewed their service some time back . They also used to have a 3.99 Euro plan.

(ignore the images- they are not loading, disabled for the time being).

Thanked by 2gbzret4d Chuck
  • @abytecurious said:
    @gbzret4d inbox.eu seems awesome. Thanks! Would like the flexibility to re-organize the mailbox size though.

Im a long time customer with them. Never had any problem.
    Some time ago i wrote a message to the support and as far as i can remember they answered prety fast and with all the info i wanted to know.
    Atleast from the info from their website its seems they take privacy seriously.

• I will probably go for inbox.eu (unless my friend vetoes me and wants to self-host). Thanks for all the feedback guys!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You could always do a mailinabox and outsource outbound to me (MXroute). I know @alento has helped several people set up something like this.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited August 2022

@jar said:
    You could always do a mailinabox and outsource outbound to me (MXroute). I know @alento has helped several people set up something like this.

This is (kinda) my current setup. I host my own Mailcow instance and outsource outbound emails to multiple SMTP relays (Mailchannels, MXroute, DreamRelay). That way, I have control over almost everything, while they work on the hassle of actually delivering the emails (the hard part)

Thanked by 1jar
  • sanvitsanvit Member
    edited August 2022

Might also be worth getting a quote from web hosting providers as well (@MikePT uses mail.baby and @speedypage uses Mailchannels iirc). There's also DreamIT (@Jamie_DreamIT ) which has their own SMTP relay (not sure if they use that for their email hosting though), which is pretty neat :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@sanvit said:
    Might also be worth getting a quote from web hosting providers as well (@MikePT uses mail.baby and @speedypage uses Mailchannels iirc). There's also DreamIT (@Jamie_DreamIT ) which has their own SMTP relay (not sure if they use that for their email hosting though), which is pretty neat :)

Funny enough MXroute uses mail.baby and MailChannels by extension. But by that point, only to prove that it can't be delivered. Since it goes my IPs, if fail go to mail.baby, if fail go to MailChannels.

So if you're looking to combine any of that, it's kind of 3 in 1 already and that SPF may be redundant. Subject to change if needed of course, but this is a pretty comfortable spot.

• @jar said:

@sanvit said:

Funny enough MXroute uses mail.baby and MailChannels by extension. But by that point, only to prove that it can't be delivered. Since it goes my IPs, if fail go to mail.baby, if fail go to MailChannels.

So if you're looking to combine any of that, it's kind of 3 in 1 already and that SPF may be redundant. Subject to change if needed of course, but this is a pretty comfortable spot.

Yup I actually know that :)

Actually, each relay serves a different purpose. Mailchannels is for emails that are not originating from me or trusted users (the company I work for also provide some kind of email service, so emails originating from our customer are routed via MC). Emails from me or other trusted users are either routed through MXroute or DreamRelay.

TBH on my testing, your deliverability was as good or better than MC/MB, so I don't really any emails will fall back (unless it's caught for some other reason then IP).

Thanked by 1jar
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@jar said:

Aye, a Mail-in-a-Box setup with the right provider and storage will work beautifully.

Let me know if you are interested and need any assistance setting something like this up. @abytecurious

• @jar said: You could always do a mailinabox and outsource outbound to me (MXroute). I know @alento has helped several people set up something like this.

This is a great idea. I'll DM you for details.

@alento said: Let me know if you are interested and need any assistance setting something like this up.

Thanks alento. I will reach out once I finalize the setup.

• @alento said:

@jar said:

Aye, a Mail-in-a-Box setup with the right provider and storage will work beautifully.

Let me know if you are interested and need any assistance setting something like this up. @abytecurious

Thanked by 2alento abytecurious
  • How hard is to setup mailinabox or Mailcow to use an external service (like Mxroute for example) as a smtp relay?

• @Limpan said:
    How hard is to setup mailinabox or Mailcow to use an external service (like Mxroute for example) as a smtp relay?

@alento could help you. Im also interested. I prefer a simple solution where i dont need to edit the settings, ... every day. Simple package updates and let it go would be perfect for me.

Thanked by 1Limpan
  • alentoalento Member, Host Rep

@Limpan said:
    How hard is to setup mailinabox or Mailcow to use an external service (like Mxroute for example) as a smtp relay?

For Mail-in-a-Box a one time change to main.cf. The server hostname:port and account credentials need to be added. There are also a dozen or so lines that need to be added.

For Mailcow, my understanding is that this option is present in the control panel. I don't use Mailcow, so I cannot really advise. Perhaps @sanvit can comment?

Thanked by 2sanvit Limpan
  • @alento said:

@Limpan said:

For Mail-in-a-Box a one time change to main.cf. The server hostname:port and account credentials need to be added. There are also a dozen or so lines that need to be added.

For Mailcow, my understanding is that this option is present in the control panel. I don't use Mailcow, so I cannot really advise. Perhaps @sanvit can comment?

Yup. It’s present in the main UI.
    You can visit https://demo.mailcow.email (log in as admin:moohoo) > Routing
    You can set SMTP relay per sending domain and per receiving domain/MX (the latter overrides the former)

If you have any issues, I can help you out with this :)

Thanked by 1Limpan
  • @alento said:

Sent you a PM. Cheers!

Thanked by 1alento
  • gbzret4dgbzret4d Member
    edited August 2022

Thank you @alento @sanvit
    sanvit what solution are you using?

• @gbzret4d said:
    @abytecurious
    Is that correct?

@abytecurious said:

inbox.eu doesn't even do DKIM

Thanked by 1VPSSLIM
  • VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran

@vitobotta said:

@gbzret4d said:
    @abytecurious
    Is that correct?

@abytecurious said:

inbox.eu doesn't even do DKIM

Thanks for the mention. Though we do not offer mail-only hosting. Either OP could get a mailserver VPS/VDS or a Webhosting plan with a standard domain park and email plans.

Thanked by 1abytecurious
  • i looking for a long time for an alternative more cheap! But it's really the best price and best service! I have a lot of problem with other cheapest provider!
    So for me, i never leave. I will suggest you to talk with zoho assistance..maybe you can try to ask a small discount.

Thanked by 1abytecurious
  • Jamie_DreamITJamie_DreamIT Member, Host Rep

@sanvit said: There's also DreamIT (@Jamie_DreamIT ) which has their own SMTP relay (not sure if they use that for their email hosting though), which is pretty neat

Thanks for the mention! Yes, all our servers use our relay.

We've recently enabled portal access for our relay customers. It should be noted that the IPs used in our relay are 100% owned by us.

We tried using OVH's IP ranges.... does not work out well.

• @Jamie_DreamIT said: using OVH's IP ranges

Hmmm...

@Jamie_DreamIT said: does not work out well.

I wonder why... ;)

TBH @mailcheap did use OVH (not sure if they are still using those).

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@sanvit Thanks for the tag :)

@abytecurious Mailcheap offers shared plans with up to 200 GB storage and cloud servers with dedicated compute starting from 250 GB storage up to 4000 GB.

I'll be happy to answer any queries personally at [email protected]

Pavin.

Thanked by 1abytecurious