Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oneprovider or dacantec?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Oneprovider or dacantec?

Looking at dedicated servers from dacantec and oneprovider.. which one is better and why?

I think oneproviders support is terrible (had a small atom with them sometime ago)
Dacentec usually reply within the hour when I've needed them

What about network? .... I think oneprovider resell ovh and others (not sure who)
Hardware?

Thanks chip

Comments

• All of Oneproviders servers are resold, different regions are different providers and they don't maintain a list (Though supposedly they will tell you if you ask over email)

Their support generally is not that good, and if something happens at the provider they're reselling then you have go through them to get support which slows things down quite a bit.

Since they resell a whole bunch of providers, the hardware, quality and network will vary significantly depending on the region and who they're reselling for that plan. Definitely not something that can be summed up for the company as a whole all that easily.

If given the choice, I would lean more towards Dacentec.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Neither. OneProvider is just a reseller and Dacentec runs on dialup.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2022

Dacentec is fun but I don't think they've updated much of their product and hardware since they got sold to Centrilogic. Until something new comes in for Dacentec, I don't find them to be an interesting provider to use.

OneProvider is just a reseller. They're a non-starter for me.

• Avoid Oneprovider at all cost