Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virmach migrated my Buffalo VPS to the Netherlands
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virmach migrated my Buffalo VPS to the Netherlands

zevuszevus Member
edited August 2022 in Providers

Apparently they did send an email about this (I didn't see it at the time & didn't locate it until a couple days ago);

The pertinent portion:

Other changes/notes:

Your service may be located to a nearby location if the location is not available during migration.
You will be able to migrate back at a later time (a button will appear on service details page when this is available.)

Amsterdam isn't close to Buffalo and I don't see the button that is mentioned.

I opened a support ticket on 07/29/2022 (19:06) ... and have yet to receive a response, as of August 9th, 0427 CST (unsure what time zone is used on the ticket).

Anyone know the wait time for these tickets or having similar problems? (ah, nm, I see that other thread now, lol)

Comments

• emghemgh Member

Virmach is never down. Just temprary migrations to 127.0.0.1.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

From Buffalo they probably did not find space in New Amsterdam so they moved your server to Old Amsterdam.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@vyas11 said:
    From Buffalo they probably did not find space in New Amsterdam so they moved your server to Old Amsterdam.

Thanked by 3ariq01 vyas11 Chuck
  • VoidVoid Member
    edited August 2022

Buffalo to Netherlands ? Usually you need to pay and wait forever to see such things happen.

• let's change?

• Move to Amsterdam or somewhere close. Problem solved.

• :D some down time is inevitable for a free upgrade :p

• emgemg Veteran

Tourists are having lots of problems getting to Amsterdam. Flights delayed and cancelled, etc. Your server made it ahead of them. How lucky is that?

• emghemgh Member
    edited August 2022

@emg said:
    Tourists are having lots of problems getting to Amsterdam. Flights delayed and cancelled, etc. Your server made it ahead of them. How lucky is that?

People have waited years for a migration, OP got one for free and still complain.

Thanked by 3emg szymonp Daniel15
  • Be relaxed.
    They also migrated VPS in Amsterdam to Frankfurt.

• _MS__MS_ Member

@vpssh said:
    Be relaxed.

You gave him a reason to be even more tense.
    Poor guy is probably now worried about another migration, this time from Amsterdam to Frankfurt.

• VoidVoid Member

MS said:

@vpssh said:
    Be relaxed.

Poor guy is probably now worried about another migration, this time from Amsterdam to Frankfurt.

VirMach also has Tokyo location. Just saying.

Thanked by 2Logano bulbasaur
  • nickwarenickware Member
    edited August 2022

The same thing happened to my server, but I wonder if the IP lookup is just wrong? The node name starts with CHI (Chicago?) and if I use a traceroute tool, the US locations have a better ping to my server than the Amsterdam one. https://tools.keycdn.com/traceroute

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2022

@zevus said:

Amsterdam isn't close to Buffalo and I don't see the button that is mentioned.

It’s the same button as “Cancellation” so by clicking, it will fix the issue with wrong datacentre location, support and provider 😂😂😂

• MS said:

@vpssh said:
    Be relaxed.

Lol too serious man. You didn't get it.

• @zevus If you don't want it anymore, I would be interested.

• Even mine was migrated to Netherlands and the VPS is too slow(Windows) compared to previous original location. Is there any free migration option? All I see is 3$ option.

Thanked by 1zevus
  • coldcold Member

i've heard that they wanna migrate the whole Amsterdam city near Buffalo next year to help them with water... so be happy for the PREMIGRATION
    CONTRAGS, you have been virmached !!!!!

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • then they wonder why they got huge ticket loads, no words

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • emghemgh Member

VIRMACHED!

Thanked by 1zevus
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2022

Just for the record, both of my VPS'es are now located in the Netherlands, lol (used to be one in Buffalo, NY and the other in Seattle, WA). Second one was "migrated" perhaps a week or two ago.

Also never got a response to ticket from 07/29.

They were paid on Nov. 30th & was something like $9/yr, so not going to bother bugging Paypal about it, but if it hasn't been made clear here already ... pls stay away from Virmach in future.

Thanked by 1Void
  • VoidVoid Member

@zevus said: was something like $9/yr, so not going to bother bugging Paypal about it,

Imagine a thousand people thinking this way. This whole “you paid less, so no support for you” itself is BS. And now it is even worse “you paid less, so no service for you”. Literally giving away money to scammers.

Thanked by 2yoursunny zevus
  • @jmaxwell said:

MS said:

@vpssh said:
    Be relaxed.

My Buffalo VPS ended up in Tokyo... So yeah, not wrong. :D

Thanked by 1zevus
  • VoidVoid Member

@imthatguyhere said:

@jmaxwell said:

MS said:

@vpssh said:
    Be relaxed.

This gets better and better lol

• on the bright side, it's a swell time to put a large up front payment down on a hetzner server, w/ euro being worth less than a dollar now, despite the US gov't being in vote buying stage at the moment. very bizarre indeed

:o

i suspect the EU will soon have inflation rates that are even higher than US.

My Buffalo VPS ended up in Tokyo... So yeah, not wrong.
    I just cancelled my oneprovider 'onecloud' tokyo vps, this would not have been so bad for me. blast

• @imthatguyhere said:

@jmaxwell said:

MS said:

@vpssh said:
    Be relaxed.

same jmaxwell from bitcoind development team? i used to run those nogleg nodes, lol.

Well, I was under the impression that Paypal had a 6 mo limit on it. If not, maybe I will do something eventually.