Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommendation for advertising myself for freelance work
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommendation for advertising myself for freelance work

Hi all,

I'm thinking of advertising my services for sale on a site such as Fiverr or Upwork etc, to earn a bit of income on the side. The main thing I will be offering is custom web scraping / data mining. It's been years since I'd advertised on any of these sorts of freelance websites, I'm sure a lot has changed over the time.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which site would be the best to get exposure and get some jobs in?

Thanks

Comments

• Try blackhat forums, as this kind of activities are never used by legit customers on Fiverr and
    Upwork. You can probably advertise there under the general/programming category, but nobody
    will be looking for it there.

• @luckypenguin said:
    Try blackhat forums, as this kind of activities are never used by legit customers on Fiverr and
    Upwork. You can probably advertise there under the general/programming category, but nobody
    will be looking for it there.

Thanks for that, maybe it's a starting point - I'm keen to find somewhere to advertise my services where someone will be looking for it. :smile:

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Hmm, I did forum scraping for my college professor's company in 2009.
    It's technically freelancing as I have graduated from college at that time.
    Professor paid me CNY ¥200~300 per site-specific script, offered as Python API.