Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap 1U colocation with BGP session
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap 1U colocation with BGP session

I'm looking for colocation with BGP session anywhere in the world, but north america preferred.

Peak power: ~300W

Bandwidth: 1TB @ 1Gbps

Budget: ~$50/m (yes, I know this is probably not going to happen but it's worth a shot)

Comments

• Hi EhhThing

• HxxxHxxx Member

@Ian_Dot_Tech Is this something you can do?

• I think @c1vhosting posted an offer on OGF that fits this. Also @oplink had an offer a bit ago.

• @LiliLabs said:
    I think @c1vhosting posted an offer on OGF that fits this. Also @oplink had an offer a bit ago.

Oplink doesn't have BGP Sessions :(

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited August 2022

Try HE in Fremont California. [email protected]

• @Daniel15 said:

I've previously inquired about 1U colocation, but the HE sales rep seemed to only want to quote me full cabinet? Not really sure whether it was just a miscommunication or what...

• @ehhthing said:

@Daniel15 said:

I've previously inquired about 1U colocation, but the HE sales rep seemed to only want to quote me full cabinet? Not really sure whether it was just a miscommunication or what...

Their full cabinet deal is good ($400 for a full cabinet) but they definitely used to do individual servers. Maybe they don't any more. You could find a bunch of friends that want to colo and share the cabinet with them :tongue:

• @Daniel15 said:

@ehhthing said:

@Daniel15 said:

Their full cabinet deal is good ($400 for a full cabinet) but they definitely used to do individual servers. Maybe they don't any more. You could find a bunch of friends that want to colo and share the cabinet with them :tongue:

Their website seems to say that

We offer plans that range from cabinet space for a single 1U server, a full cabinet, or enough cabinet space to house tens of thousands of servers.

So I guess I'll try asking again?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Sent PM.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@ehhthing Last time I talked with HE a few months ago, they were offering a free 42U cabinet with 20 amp 208 volt redundant power and 1 Gbps located in HE Fremont 2 if you have a 10G router that will hold a full routing table in hardware plus an AS number plus IP addresses.

Alternatively, @Cloudie might be able to help you with your 1U colo request.

Good luck! :)

• @ehhthing said:
    I'm looking for colocation with BGP session anywhere in the world, but north america preferred.

Peak power: ~300W

Bandwidth: 1TB @ 1Gbps

Budget: ~$50/m (yes, I know this is probably not going to happen but it's worth a shot)

Hi,
    Currently 300W costs a lot due to war and speculation.

• HostMT3HostMT3 Member
    edited August 2022

Here you go, obviously changes or something like that, the price might go up slightly but those I recommended, not all of them. But it has the price you want. Very approximate, you have to take into account that sometimes a difference of 10-15€ is not much.

Take a look:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3464738/#Comment_3464738