Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 /64,/48 BElgium
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 /64,/48 BElgium

Can anyone tell me where to rent Belgium vps and subnet? Fusa is gone!

Comments

• Edis
    /64 IPv6

• Get your own subnet with SWIP, contact the IPDB providers to change the location,
    wait 1 month - done?
    Nobody is going to "serve" you ready made subnets per country. Maybe spammers.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

@luckypenguin said:

Every local LIR will.
    All he need is to find host from Belgium with IPs allocated by RIR (RIPE) to any Belgian LIR (and no host who geolocate IPs to some random small databases like maxmind, Ip2location etc... from elsewhere).

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • @Mumbly said: All he need is to find host from Belgium (and no host who geolocate IPs from elsewhere).

Then he should probably contact them directly, what I understand is that he want's just an
    IP space in BE. Which is an odd demand, assuming that in EU and RIPE there is no much
    difference in allocating IPs. If we talk about geolocation, this can be adjusted fairly quickly.

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited August 2022

@luckypenguin said: Which is an odd demand, assuming that in EU and RIPE there is no much difference in allocating IPs.

Yes it is difference. Sometimes. EU is not one country. Some local services work only with IPs allocated by local LIRs. If service in Belgium want to limit access only to Belgian people/area they will limit access to IPs allocated by Belgian LIRs.
    RIPE databases: https://ftp.ripe.net/pub/stats/ripencc/2022/
    Example from RIPE database:

ripencc|IT|ipv4|2.58.208.0|1024|20190322|allocated
    ripencc|NL|ipv4|2.58.212.0|1024|20190322|allocated
    ripencc|PL|ipv4|2.58.216.0|1024|20190322|allocated
    ripencc|FI|ipv4|2.58.220.0|1024|20190322|allocated

(IT = Italy, NL = Netherlands, PL = Poland, FI = Finland...)

Small private geolocation services like maxmind, Ip2location etc... does not help you here. IP subnet needs to be allocated by RIPE directly to the Belgian LIR (ISP, hosting...).

They same way work some other services. As example I am from EU, but it took some time (years...) for Spotify to come to my country. In case I wanted to have access to the Spotify I needed to use IP from some other EU country which already had Spotify service available.
    Same goes with (sports, etc...) broadcasting rights limited to certain area.

Life would be much easier if everyone would use just those small private geolocation databases like maxmind, Ip2location... but in reality just small portion of the internet use them. All bigger players like Google, MS, etc... have their own databases and many other use just RIR (RIPE) databases.
    You can't really win here unless you use IP by local LIR (local ISP).

• @luckypenguin said:
    Get your own subnet with SWIP, contact the IPDB providers to change the location,
    wait 1 month - done?

No not spammers, Google ads. I carry out orders for advertising. No black themes.