Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest but trustworthy 1U colocation in EU?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest but trustworthy 1U colocation in EU?

stefemanstefeman Member
edited August 2022 in Requests

Im tempted by Serverius SDC3 with 1U for 29€/m + electricity billed seperately. Includes /29 and 10Gbps FUP (150-300TB/m)

Any alternatives for under 70€/m?

Comments

• that's a lot of bandwith for 29€.

you can take a look at https://www.interracks.com/#colocation or ask worldstream.com for a quote, they still offer colocation

• Got a link to that Serverius deal?

• kasodkkasodk Barred
    edited August 2022

@stefeman said:
    Im tempted by Serverius SDC3 with 1U for 29€/m + electricity billed seperately. Includes /29 and 10Gbps FUP (150-300TB/m)

You might want to search for and read about their bait and switch scams where they have made up or changed FUP without any warning.

And have you read their ridiculous terms?

Client will not make public and/or hand over communication with Serverius to third parties and/or allow them to view these. This will include made calls, e-mail exchanges, support/sales/administration tickets, quotations, (IM) conversations with similar articles.

The above is illegal terms in most countries because you can't get legal advice when you aren't allowed to hand over written communication to your lawyer.

There is only one kind of company that makes terms like this and they are not trustworthy.

During this Agreement between Client and Serverius up to and including 2 years after the end of the Agreement, Client and its affiliated entities may not, directly or indirectly, without written consent of Serverius, in any form whatsoever, establish, offer, facilitate, co-facilitate or operate any business in the area of activities of Serverius and/or have any financial interest in any form whatsoever in such a business or to be employed or assisted in any way or to make available know-how to it, whether for payment or not, or to have a share of any kind in it. In the event of a breach, the Client shall owe Serverius an immediately payable penalty of EUR 10,000 per breach, increased by EUR 1,000 for each day that the breach continues. This penalty clause is without prejudice to Serverius’s right to claim damages. Client warrants that its affiliated entities also comply with these provisions, on pain of forfeiture of the aforementioned penalty by the Customer.

I have no words.

See: https://serverius.net/terms-and-conditions/

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@kasodk said:

During this Agreement between Client and Serverius up to and including 2 years after the end of the Agreement, Client and its affiliated entities may not, directly or indirectly, without written consent of Serverius, in any form whatsoever, establish, offer, facilitate, co-facilitate or operate any business in the area of activities of Serverius and/or have any financial interest in any form whatsoever in such a business or to be employed or assisted in any way or to make available know-how to it, whether for payment or not, or to have a share of any kind in it. In the event of a breach, the Client shall owe Serverius an immediately payable penalty of EUR 10,000 per breach, increased by EUR 1,000 for each day that the breach continues. This penalty clause is without prejudice to Serverius’s right to claim damages. Client warrants that its affiliated entities also comply with these provisions, on pain of forfeiture of the aforementioned penalty by the Customer.

I have no words.

Wait so. It might be that im stupid as hell but I dont get it what they mean.

Can you Translate?

Does it mean I can't operate any Business like serverius while the Agreement and 2 years after. Like offering colocation? Or?
    I can not use a other datacenter?

• @HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

I have no words.

Can you Translate?

Does it mean I can't operate any Business like serverius while the Agreement and 2 years after. Like offering colocation? Or?

You are not allowed to make money on any kind of hosting-related services without Serverius's consent.

Thanked by 1HostSlick
  • @kasodk said:

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

I have no words.

Can you Translate?

You are not allowed to make money on any kind of hosting-related services without Serverius's consent.

Just ignore that... Do you think serverius will check if you do that? Just use other ASN and everything is fine or open other company with other name.. Easy.

Why using Serverius? NForce looks better in terms of network.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2022

@kasodk said:

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

I have no words.

Can you Translate?

So I wasn't too stupid. It was just too unbelievable.

Thanks.

• ralfralf Member

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

I have no words.

Can you Translate?

Thanks.

That kind of clause would be ruled unenforceable in most countries if it got as far as the courts. But yeah, the kind of company that would even try such a trick isn't one to be trusted with anything else, let alone letting them look after your hardware.

Thanked by 3mrTom darkimmortal v3ng
  • @HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

I have no words.

Can you Translate?

Thanks.

If you check Flokinet was did that
    https://bgpview.io/asn/200651#peers-v4

They literaly had many locations even with Serverius.

• @HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

Actually it means you can't offer anything they offer, AND also can't invest in any such company. So no amazon, Microsoft shares etc.

• @mrTom said:

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

Actually it means you can't offer anything they offer, AND also can't invest in any such company. So no amazon, Microsoft shares etc.

So explain to me how flokinet can do that? Any other companies that have Serverius as datacenter and still offering other investiments etc?

• @sandoz said:

@mrTom said:

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

So explain to me how flokinet can do that? Any other companies that have Serverius as datacenter and still offering other investiments etc?

If you read the terms: ... without written consent of Serverius ...

They have either negotiated custom terms or asked for Serverius's consent.

Otherwise, they are going to lose a lot of money next time Serverius have one of their recurring brain farts.

• ralfralf Member

Other options include:

• they didn't read the terms
    • they're confident they'll win if it went to court
    • they hoped nobody would notice
  • @kasodk said:

@sandoz said:

@mrTom said:

@HostSlick said:

@kasodk said:

If you read the terms: ... without written consent of Serverius ...

They have either negotiated custom terms or asked for Serverius's consent.

Otherwise, they are going to lose a lot of money next time Serverius have one of their recurring brain farts.

I doubt about that, since there are a lot of hostings using Serverius and using other locations. Do you think Serverius will be looking all clients and customers websites? I seriously doubt about that. Like I said just check peering with serverius then you will be surprised how many customers or clients are "breaking their without any sense rules".

NForce, is much better in my opinion.

• Please don't use Serverius, they scam a lot of people with EuroStack cloud storage "lifetime promotion".

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited August 2022

@stefeman said:

1U COLOCATION

Power 115W/0.5A included (GREEN SOURCES ONLY)
    Port speed 1Gbps shared (10G also possible)
    Traffic 20TB Included!
    IPv4 2 IPv4 addresses included
    IPv6 /48 IPv6 subnet included
    Support 24/7 available
    Free announcing of your IP subnets or your ASN

€30/mo
    €25 setup fee

• @c1vhosting said:

@stefeman said:

1U COLOCATION

Traffic 20TB Included!
    Support 24/7 available

€30/mo
    €25 setup fee

Which ddos protection you use? Layer 7 protection available?

• @sandoz said:

@c1vhosting said:

@stefeman said:

1U COLOCATION

Traffic 20TB Included!
    Support 24/7 available

€30/mo
    €25 setup fee

Which ddos protection you use? Layer 7 protection available?

You can take DDoS Protection as a service from any carrier available or we can offer it as an additional service

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

My experience with Worldstream has been overwhelmingly positive. Professionally ran company, that's for sure.

• @MannDude said:
    My experience with Worldstream has been overwhelmingly positive. Professionally ran company, that's for sure.

+1 for Worldstream, but from what I recall they stopped offering colocation smaller than a half rack (might even be full rack now)