Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH rise server deal two year contract
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH rise server deal two year contract

After two years, is it possible to keep the same price, if sign a new 2 year contract?

Comments

• ralfralf Member
    edited August 2022

Congratulations on your 38th thread in as many days.

The answers to your questions can be found on this page, I believe it's got more popular as a source of information recently: https://www.google.com/

• Are you paid by @jbiloh to create these threads?

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2022

@dosai said:
    Are you paid by @jbiloh to create these threads?

Probably a bot. Or maybe a Bot in training. Look at the follow up posts by OP for the shared Hosting discussion.
    Quite a smart thing to do actually- from a content/ content marketing perspective: New discussions = possible more traffic.

• For example, now OVH has a summer sale of its rise1 server at $50, with nvme it is $60, with a two year contract of discount of 10%, the final price may be around $50.
    My question is:
    1. Can I keep such a price after two years? I don't want to change my server so often.
    2. If there is another deal from OVH rise, can I order it and transfer the deal to this previous server?

• @dosai said:

I have the same feeling as you. A lot of vendors should pay me for promoting their products or mention their names. Please help me to collect the commission from them. You will have 10% commission as your share.

Thanked by 2ralf dosai
  • @vyas11 said:

@dosai said:

Probably a bot. Or maybe a Bot in training. Look at the follow up posts by OP for the shared Hosting discussion.
    Quite a smart thing to do actually- from a content/ content marketing perspective: New discussions = possible more traffic.

A boat not a bot. Thank you very much for praising me smart. :)

• letloverletlover Member
    edited August 2022

To tell you the truth. I am from a desert village in Africa. I am a cheap bot. I need money to feed my family and me. I need commission.

• @letlover said:

@dosai said:

I have the same feeling as you. A lot of vendors should pay me for promoting their products or mention their names. Please help me to collect the commission from them. You will have 10% commission as your share.

the fuck

• ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited August 2022

@letlover Are you a robot?

are you a robot

• @letlover said:
    To tell you the truth. I am from a desert village in Africa. I am a cheap bot. I need money to feed my family and me. I need commission.

the very actual fuck?

Thanked by 2letlover afn
  • @letlover said:
    For example, now OVH has a summer sale of its rise1 server at $50, with nvme it is $60, with a two year contract of discount of 10%, the final price may be around $50.
    My question is:
    1. Can I keep such a price after two years? I don't want to change my server so often.
    2. If there is another deal from OVH rise, can I order it and transfer the deal to this previous server?

1. Probably, except if IP Prices change.
    2. i dont know about it
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider
    1. If there is another deal from OVH rise, can I order it and transfer the deal to this previous server?

the new server needs to be higher or equal in amount for transferring contract.

Thanked by 1letlover
  • @Abd said:

1. If there is another deal from OVH rise, can I order it and transfer the deal to this previous server?

the new server needs to be higher or equal in amount for transferring contract.

This is understandable. They want you to upgrade instead of downgrade to sell more.

• @Otus9051 said:

@letlover said:
    For example, now OVH has a summer sale of its rise1 server at $50, with nvme it is $60, with a two year contract of discount of 10%, the final price may be around $50.
    My question is:

2. i dont know about it
    1. Can you elaborate? Let's say the IP prices are fixed. Can I renew for another two years, and get the same $50 which includes the two years contract 10% discount and the deal's 30-50% discount?
  • @ariq01 said:
    @letlover Are you a robot?

are you a robot

Where is the bus in this photo?

• @Otus9051 said:

@letlover said:

the very actual fuck?

You nailed it.

• ralfralf Member

@letlover said:

@Otus9051 said:

@letlover said:
    My question is:

2. i dont know about it
    1. Can you elaborate? Let's say the IP prices are fixed. Can I renew for another two years, and get the same $50 which includes the two years contract 10% discount and the deal's 30-50% discount?

Nobody knows this.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

You will get same price after two years but you would want to cancel as by then new generation SYS would be more cost-effective.

• @Saahib said:
    You will get same price after two years but you would want to cancel as by then new generation SYS would be more cost-effective.

But the new SYS is 250 Mbps, rise is 500 Mbps. What is the attraction of new generation SYS?

• ralfralf Member
    edited August 2022

@letlover said:

@Saahib said:

But the new SYS is 250 Mbps, rise is 500 Mbps. What is the attraction of new generation SYS?

He's saying in two years time there might be a better spec'd SYS branded machine that you'd be paying for your rise. Currently 250 and 500 are the bandwidths, but who's to say what they'll have available and at what price in 2 years time. (Although typically bandwidth doesn't change on OVH offers, just more disk and RAM for the same price)

• letloverletlover Member
    edited August 2022

(Although typically bandwidth doesn't change on OVH offers, just more disk and RAM for the same price)

This is what I observe. It seems that Kimsufi always sticks to 100 mbps, and SYS to 250 mbps, although the server specs are very close to cutting edge. On the other hand, WSI has unmetered 1 gbps, 5 ips, yet granddaddy server specs. If you need both in NA region, then it is going to be close to $100. I'd rather have a Hetzner $100 server with 10x10 TB HDD or 4 TB NVME, to sacrifice that 2 seconds of latency.