Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with Unlimited Traffic for VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with Unlimited Traffic for VPN

SpecsblueSpecsblue Member
edited July 2022 in Requests

Hello everyone, im looking for a VPS in Germany/Netherlands/UK with good routing for VPN clients.

2-4 vCores
1GBit minimum
Traffic is between 50-100TB actually, so preferred to be unlimited.

Usage: VPN

My alternative is to take Hetzner Dedicated Server for 30+€ maybe there is a better option because so much CPU i don't need.

thank you guys!

Comments

• Oh, Hetzner will be very happy to host your VPN for around a week or so, until either:
    a) You hit the "unlimited" bandwidth limits
    b) Someone files a complaint
    c) All of the above

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

Tight budget for that amount of traffic if you really want true unlimited....
    Triple it.

• I think Hetzner isn't the best option because their mystery limits with unlimited bandwidth. Of course you can try them but be ready to move on.

• SpecsblueSpecsblue Member
    edited July 2022

@MGarbis said:
    I think Hetzner isn't the best option because their mystery limits with unlimited bandwidth. Of course you can try them but be ready to move on.

I expect for the next few months around 50TB per month, it not that much. I saw someone from here is using 250TB after getting e-mail from hetzner.

• If it works, the cheapest option would be to get 3 CPX11's from hetzner with 20TB each and balance the load between them.

• AstroAstro Member

Why not just get something like protonvpn or mullvad?

• JamphJamph Member

https://www.mlnl.host/ have unlimited traffic and have servers based in UK

• @Jamph said:

This host is unmetered, not unlimited. OP will 100% not be able to use 50-100TB, especially at this price point.

Thanked by 1Jamph
  • niranjanniranjan Member
    edited July 2022

@Specsblue said:
    Hello everyone, im looking for a VPS in Germany/Netherlands/UK with good routing for VPN clients.

2-4 vCores
    1GBit minimum

My alternative is to take Hetzner Dedicated Server for 30+€ maybe there is a better option because so much CPU i don't need.

thank you guys!

I know you so don't want to hear this but buying a VPN service seems more viable,

• JamphJamph Member

@PineappleBox said:

@Jamph said:

This host is unmetered, not unlimited. OP will 100% not be able to use 50-100TB, especially at this price point.

My bad, didn't read it correctly but you are correct

• @niranjan said:

@Specsblue said:

2-4 vCores
    1GBit minimum

thank you guys!

I know you so don't want to hear this but buying a VPN service seems more viable,

Not possible, i have a couple of hundreds clients connecting at same time. Most providers don't allow or has limitations. Surfshark already kicked me twice times.

• HayashimaHayashima Member
    edited July 2022

You should just choose Hetzner or OVH. I know some other "unlimited traffic" providers but I can't recommend them to you because they might

@NobodyInteresting said: a) You hit the "unlimited" bandwidth limits
    b) Someone files a complaint
    c) All of the above

• TeoMTeoM Member

Go with NordVPN or some other VPN Provider there you can switch between IPs or get an dedicated IP and the VPN Provider know that the customers use a lot of traffic

• afnafn Member
    edited July 2022

buyVM and terrahost. I use them both for VPN and things like that, they never failed me.
    both offer unlimited (with FUP), I have never been badly hit by the limit,. I am 100% sure both can do 50-100TB per month.

buyVM will throttle you occasionally, depending on how much you pay. Terrahost has an FUP, basically don't do more than 1gbps sustained iirc, check their terms.

@Hayashima said: Hetzner

Hetzner? for VPN? what? People buy VPS and VPN, to use as proxy on Hetzner because they are strict!
    No German provider should be used as VPN, except hostslick (because servers in NL)

• AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

What's the budget ? :)

Thanked by 1afn