Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Yandex E-mail still free for custom domain?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is Yandex E-mail still free for custom domain?

I tried to sign up today, but all I could find was the 'basic' account for 250 rubles. Is that just how things are now?

Comments

• _cece_cece Member

I would avoid them….

• I found the same basic yandex business account.
    Didn't see free.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@nullstring said:
    I tried to sign up today, but all I could find was the 'basic' account for 250 rubles. Is that just how things are now?

Yes, I think that free is all over. (You can thank the war for this, since it seems to have changed shortly after the war began, when Yandex began to have financial difficulties)

• Would you really trust a Russian company with your email?

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Would your customers really trust you when they find out that their emails are sent into Russia?

• Would avoid.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited July 2022

Similar arguments can be made if
    -provider is from
    Country X

• The email data is stored in a different country

If most providers operate out of five eyes countries, and people do not have a problem, why should they have problems with Yandex?

Perception?

Yandex, I understand, is registered in NL

• @vyas11 said:
    Similar arguments can be made if
    -provider is from
    Country X

• The email data is stored in a different country

If most providers operate out of five eyes countries, and people do not have a problem, why should they have problems with Yandex?

Perception?

Yandex, I understand, is registered in NL

Because Putin.

• vyas11vyas11 Member

He’s been around longer than the company (yandex) is around.

Maybe the matter is beyond my paygrade

• @yoursunny said:
    Would your customers really trust you when they find out that their emails are sent into Russia?

This is for personal/unimportant stuff, and just to play around with mostly.

• @angstrom said:

@nullstring said:

Yes, I think that free is all over. (You can thank the war for this, since it seems to have changed shortly after the war began, when Yandex began to have financial difficulties)

Thanks for confirming. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

• sotssots Member

@vitobotta said:
    Would you really trust a Russian company with your email?

Why not? Will Russia's network get completely isolated from the rest of the world? Someone said that months ago, but by now(2022-7-30) Russians haven't cut their fibers. Do you still believe that?