Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2.5$/TB or less
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2.5$/TB or less

I just wanted to know if there are any providers providing storage for less than 2.5$/TB. All I have found till now is leveloneservers cheapest 4.25$. Would be nice to have a music/movie (not decided yet) server using plex. Will be direct playing so 1 - 2 GB ram should suffice. Dedicated ipv4 would be nice.

Again, this just to scan for better deals and I currently have my eye on KS-1 provided by OVH due to the unlimited bandwith :)

Thanked by 1comeback

Comments

• bookmarked

Thanked by 1tmepy
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

KS-1 is best. Almost all have 2 TB disks and 4 GB ram. CPU is disastruos but you can watch movies on it.

Thanked by 1szymonp
  • Depends how many TB you need in total.
    You have the storage Hetzner AX41 for 34Eur with 16TB drives.

This might be a good idea to get a few of these and resell as NAT KVMs with 2TB chunks,
    or "whole drives", so that one customer doesn't clog the I/O of the neighbors.

• AstroAstro Member

@luckypenguin said:
    Depends how many TB you need in total.
    You have the storage Hetzner AX41 for 34Eur with 16TB drives.

This might be a good idea to get a few of these and resell as NAT KVMs with 2TB chunks,
    or "whole drives", so that one customer doesn't clog the I/O of the neighbors.

The storage AX41 is 54 euros not 34

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2022

Yes, there are: https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=price_per_storage:<=2.5 :)

Note that it's sorted by absolute lowest price, you might want to change that to price per TB.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @Astro said: The storage AX41 is 54 >euros not 34

Yes, mistyped it.
    But it can get even lower in fact:
    https://www.hetzner.com/sb?hddcount_from=0&hdd_from=16000&hdd_to=17000

€56.70 / month
    Intel Xeon E3-1275v5
    64GB RAM
    4 x 16 TB

That is less than 1Eur/TB.

• @tmepy said:
    I just wanted to know if there are any providers providing storage for less than 2.5$/TB. All I have found till now is leveloneservers cheapest 4.25$. Would be nice to have a music/movie (not decided yet) server using plex. Will be direct playing so 1 - 2 GB ram should suffice. Dedicated ipv4 would be nice.

Again, this just to scan for better deals and I currently have my eye on KS-1 provided by OVH due to the unlimited bandwith :)

How many TB?

• got 3TB on Yandex Disk for 39€ per year about 4 months ago over promo, this ism 1,083€/TB/month, rclone compatible, fast, reliable, unlimited picture and video storage

maybe some codes work
    https://diskyandex.knoji.com/promo-codes/try--unverified-codes/

if you want extra discount look for google pay voucher codes locally and pay over the store by app

• AstroAstro Member

@kalipus said:
    got 3TB on Yandex Disk for 39€ per year about 4 months ago over promo, this ism 1,083€/TB/month, rclone compatible, fast, reliable, unlimited picture and video storage

maybe some codes work
    https://diskyandex.knoji.com/promo-codes/try--unverified-codes/

if you want extra discount look for google pay voucher codes locally and pay over the store by app

I imagine yandex is a privacy nightmare

Thanked by 1desperand
  • @ServerHunter said:
    Yes, there are: https://www.serverhunter.com/#query=price_per_storage:<=2.5 :)

Note that it's sorted by absolute lowest price, you might want to change that to price per TB.

Also worth checking the storage backing the VPSs compared to physical. If the virtual machines are hosted on RAID of some sort (other than 0) then that is likely better value for the same price+space as there is some physical redundancy. You need to give up some fraction of your space for that on your own dedicated hardware. Of course for content that is easy to regain or reproduce, that is only being kept permanently for convenience, this is less important.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • tmepytmepy Member
    edited July 2022

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

How many TB?

Currently am looking for something personal for a few movies so around 1 - 2 TB range

@tmepy said: I currently have my eye on KS-1 provided by OVH

Opened this thread because in the future I might just be using a lot more storage for a personal project and wanted to check if any deals are provided :)

• @tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

How many TB?

Currently am looking for something personal for a few movies so around 1 - 2 TB range

Opened this thread because in the future I might just be using a lot more storage for a personal project and wanted to check if any deals are provided :)

I can provide you 5€/mo 2TB HDD storage VPS

• Kimsufi is 5$ for 2TB

• @servarica_hani

https://servarica.com/all-offers/
    Polar Bear Storage - 2TB for $48/year, 2GB RAM

• tmepytmepy Member

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

How many TB?

What specs other than the storage?

• @tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

How many TB?

CPU 1 vCore
    RAM 256MB
    SSD 10GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 1TB

• afnafn Member

How many TBs do you need, 1-10, or 40+ ?

Do you need storage only (then mount using weird tricks) ? or in must have full root access to the server?

Price is priority or support counts too?

• Microsoft Office 365 is 6 TB for $100/yr plus you get all of ms office and outlook.

Thanked by 1Daniel15
  • AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider

https://www.hetzner.com/storage/storage-box

Mount it to a Hetzner Cloud server in the same location and you can achieve some pretty good speeds :)

• AdvinAdvin Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

@ReadingIsFundamental said:
    Microsoft Office 365 is 6 TB for $100/yr plus you get all of ms office and outlook.

Google is better at that point, you get faster speeds and up to 1PB of storage for just $8/month if you purchase it and select Turkey as your country at checkout (or $20/mo for 1PB if you select US)

I've ran Plex and Google Drive before, works well but I've noticed some issues if transcoding.

• @c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

How many TB?

CPU 1 vCore
    RAM 256MB
    SSD 10GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 1TB

Pmed you.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Member
    edited July 2022

@lala_th said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

@c1vhosting said:

@tmepy said:

How many TB?

CPU 1 vCore
    RAM 256MB
    SSD 10GB
    Bandwidth 2 Gbps @ 1TB

Pmed you.

I see

• Hosthatch (if they bring back the 10TB for $10/month) or Servarica.

• @Daniel15 said: Hosthatch (if they bring back the 10TB for $10/month) or Servarica.

According to our previous experience, they like to make that 9.99TB for $9.99 out of a sudden :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    @servarica_hani

netboot included? I want Tiny Core :)

• @Daniel15 said:
    Hosthatch (if they bring back the 10TB for $10/month) or Servarica.

you do mean 9.31TiB right

Thanked by 1kalipus
  • tmepytmepy Member

@ReadingIsFundamental said:
    Microsoft Office 365 is 6 TB for $100/yr plus you get all of ms office and outlook.

Already have it 😆

• tmepytmepy Member
    edited July 2022

@afn said:
    How many TBs do you need, 1-10, or 40+ ?

Do you need storage only (then mount using weird tricks) ? or in must have full root access to the server?

Price is priority or support counts too?

As stated looking for something similar to a KS-1

@tmepy said: have my eye on KS-1 provided by OVH

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

@netomx said:

@dotcomUNDERGROUND said:
    @servarica_hani

netboot included? I want Tiny Core :)

you can install from ISO or from netboot.xyz

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited July 2022

@cybertech said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Hosthatch (if they bring back the 10TB for $10/month) or Servarica.

you do mean 9.31TiB right

I haven't reinstalled mine (nor do I plan to), so it's still 10TiB 😎

The price would still be good even if it was half the storage. It's a lot of space for the price!!