Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Yearly plan with most CPU power budget ~35$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Yearly plan with most CPU power budget ~35$

JustPfffJustPfff Member
edited July 2022 in Requests

In short, I need this mainly for video converting ( Which I upload and download personally )..
My current plan with racknerd does not even come close to that..
For budget, I'm hoping around $35 year , 15GB minimal H.D.D ( SSD is not priority ), bandwidth 500GB-100GB/month , RAM above 1GB, CPU the best I can get,
BTW I tried to look into virmach special offer but they all gone

IPv4 are not necessarily needed but it's OK to have it,

Comments

• raviravi Member

You can check greencloudvps current offer.
    https://greencloudvps.com/billing/store/budget-kvm-sale

Thanked by 1NDTN
  • henixhenix Member
    edited July 2022

If location and virtualization is not a problem the first okish cpu might be dedipaths ovz line
    For $21/y you can get ryzen 2c/1g/30g ssd

You can see a bench below
    Keep in mind not all locations are ryzen, the bench was from a san jose vps but i believe jacksonville has some ryzen cpus too
    @Ernie might be able to confirm or not

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3358317#Comment_3358317

• Somehow Abd's Twentyfour special is not yet sold out... $25/year and smashes your requested specs (assuming OVZ is fine) https://my.webhorizon.in/order/main/packages/BF/?group_id=21

Thanked by 1Abd
  • nvmenvme Member

You can check out AlphaVps, fits your requirements - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/180236/hello-summer-16c-32t-128gb-ram-50tb-bw-74-99eur-amd-ryzen-epyc-kvms-storage-servers-kvms

Or just get a slice from BuyVM

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@nvme Thank you for the mention!

@JustPfff Maybe our Ryzen-2G plan on annual billing (36EUR/y ~ 36$ per year) - you get access to a fast Ryzen core, along with 2 gigs of RAM and great network & support.

https://alphavps.com/ryzen-vps.html - for more information.

Thanked by 1JustPfff
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@JustPfff said:
    I need this mainly for video converting

Video converting => high CPU => suspended for abuse if not dedicated CPU

Server Factory @mxmla has dedicated CPU, 1 thread EPYC costs as low as €24.50 per year.

Oracle Cloud 1C6G is good too, if you can create it successfully.

If you only need this occasionally, TensorDock @lentro is your boy.
    Encoding on a GPU is so much faster than encoding on a CPU.
    $35 buys 100 hours at minimum spec.

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited July 2022

@AlexBarakov said: Maybe our Ryzen-2G plan on annual billing (36EUR/y ~ 36$ per year) - you get access to a fast Ryzen core, along with 2 gigs of RAM and great network & support.

https://alphavps.com/ryzen-vps.html - for more information.

I checked the link, and it showed me $48 for 2GB plan, is there any promote code for it? OK I found it thanks.

@yoursunny said: Video converting => high CPU => suspended for abuse if not dedicated CPU

I know that Dedi should be first option, but that VPS server will be idle 80% of the time

Server Factory @mxmla has dedicated CPU, 1 thread EPYC costs as low as €24.50 per year.

1 thread EPYC costs , looks interesting, I'll check it out.

• FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep

Hi!
    If you ain't gonna use 100% CPU for more than 3 hours, those may fit your request:
    https://www.hazi.ro/store/vps-kvm-romania/ro-cheap-kvm-ssd-server
    https://www.hazi.ro/store/vps-kvm-romania/ro-cheap-kvm-hdd-server

Best regards, Florin.

• RefinedHostRefinedHost Member, Host Rep

Hello,
    We can 100% get within those requirements. Talk to us via our LiveChat on our website or open a ticket and we can work something out!

edited July 2022

What's your CPU usage limitation for LXC plan? Sorry, but I could not use my PayPal account fund to make the payment, 2checkout gateway ask for credit card .

• spiritlhlspiritlhl Member
    edited July 2022

Sent you a private message.

EDIT: They all support paypal payments, one of them is provided by @speedypage, and some personal experience.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited July 2022

Quick question.
    Why don't you use your own CPU (laptop/desktop/personal computing)?

Since video converting and for that budget your CPU is probably more powerful.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @Hxxx said: Since video converting and for that budget your CPU is probably more powerful.

He said $35 a year. What own CPU are you talking about? That's barely a normal VPS to
    run wordpress these days. I guess he will get some shared CPU 2GB ram oversold 20GB SSD
    somewhere for this price. Not enough for encoding.

edited July 2022

@Hxxx said: Since video converting and for that budget your CPU is probably more powerful.

First I'm using my Laptop most of the time (web development), and second and most important these videos are big in size some about 1.5GB I'm trying to reduce it to ~100MB, since I had limited internet speed/bandwidths + I'll need that VPS for other project I'm working on and CPU speed is essential .

@luckypenguin said: That's barely a normal VPS to run wordpress these days

Who told you so, I can run WordPress on gullo $3.5 Yearly plan

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • Nuts that you're compressing video on a $35 p/y VPS

Thanked by 2luckypenguin Logano
  • HxxxHxxx Member

@luckypenguin said:

@Hxxx said: Since video converting and for that budget your CPU is probably more powerful.

He said $35 a year. What own CPU are you talking about? That's barely a normal VPS to
    run wordpress these days. I guess he will get some shared CPU 2GB ram oversold 20GB SSD
    somewhere for this price. Not enough for encoding.

Most laptops or desktop nowadays are either i5+ or Ryzen + . Certainly his own CPU will most likely have more power than whatever he can get for that budget.

That being said, based on the author reply to my question, the limits seem to be mostly other resources involved in the workflow. Bandwidth, storage.

• @Hxxx said: That being said, based on the author reply to my question, the limits seem to be mostly other resources involved in the workflow. Bandwidth, storage.

Exactly, especially b/w. So your original question is out of scope here. Must agree with @corbpie
    above, if your budget is $35 year, consider just downloading from Usenet and stop thinking how you are potentially contributing to the "Scene" :wink:

• @corbpie said: Nuts that you're compressing video on a $35 p/y VPS

I was doing real-time H264 transcoding using Just.Hosting $2.55 plan , + I got offers here with CPU power more than my laptop

• @JustPfff said: I got offers here with CPU power more than my laptop

That's shared CPU, wouldn't be fun for the other users on that node

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @yoursunny said:

@JustPfff said:
    I need this mainly for video converting

Video converting => high CPU => suspended for abuse if not dedicated CPU

Oracle Cloud 1C6G is good too, if you can create it successfully.

If you only need this occasionally, TensorDock @lentro is your boy.
    Encoding on a GPU is so much faster than encoding on a CPU.
    $35 buys 100 hours at minimum spec.

really?vds?

Thanked by 1mxmla
  • cybertechcybertech Member
    edited July 2022

if you want superfast converting, this is probably the most suitable option within your budget.

i have the 3C (albeit KVM) and its easily above 15K on GB4.

enough firepower to not be a noisy neighbor. alternatively a VDS like server factory's

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • LoganoLogano Member

Dear @JustPfff,

Please spend a few more dollars on a dedicated CPU so that you don't max out our CPUs for 20% of the year.

Sincerely,
    Your friendly VPS neighbors

• mxmlamxmla Member, Patron Provider

@yoursunny said:

Thank you for mentioning us :)

@letlover said:
    really?vds?

Yes, our CPU and RAM Resources with our Virtual Dedicated Servers are dedicated and can be used for task like @JustPfff like to run :)

Thanked by 1Logano
  • @mxmla said:

@yoursunny said:

Thank you for mentioning us :)

@letlover said:
    really?vds?

Yes, our CPU and RAM Resources with our Virtual Dedicated Servers are dedicated and can be used for task like @JustPfff like to run :)

On your website, I can find only the cheapest vds $5/m, where can I find the $24/y one?
    Congratulation to you in bringing this $24/y vds to end users. Your shop will boom in the near future if you keep this kind of price and quality.

Thanked by 2mxmla Logano
  • mxmlamxmla Member, Patron Provider

@letlover said:
    On your website, I can find only the cheapest vds $5/m, where can I find the $24/y one?
    Congratulation to you in bringing this $24/y vds to end users. Your shop will boom in the near future if you keep this kind of price and quality.

Please check our offer at https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/178249/40-off-ryzen-epyc-virtual-dedicated-servers-in-nl-alipay-btc-cc-pp/p1

starting @ 29,40 €/year

• LoganoLogano Member

On a side note, it's crazy how 1 USD = 1 EUR now.

Thanked by 2yoursunny Arkas
    edited July 2022

Quick update, I toke order from @AlexBarakov long story short he/they were the only one I was able to finish my order with them, I appreciate his fast reply on my ticket, since my order flagged as fraud due to multiple order attempts I have done with other providers in the same day ...

Anyway, here is a simple test I did with FFmpeg I got almost double the speed for H264 converting, on slow preset it was not HD but mD 960x540, and the converting speed are satisfying , my other VPS were at least 4 times slower .

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited July 2022

For $48/y you can get a small dedi like the Kimsufi KS-1 that can easily do what you want.

Thanked by 1Logano