Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a storage server for the EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a storage server for the EU

Disappointed with contabo. Please help me recommend an alternative. Acceptable for less than 10€ per month. Thank you

Comments

• snzsnz Member

what's the issue?

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Maybe one of our Storage KVMs would be suitable for you - https://alphavps.com/storage-vps.html ? Do note that these are designed for backups / colder storage, so not performance kings in any way - however, designed with reliability in mind!

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • @AlexBarakov said:
    Maybe one of our Storage KVMs would be suitable for you - https://alphavps.com/storage-vps.html ? Do note that these are designed for backups / colder storage, so not performance kings in any way - however, designed with reliability in mind!

FYI AdGuard on iPhone is removing the table of specs and order buttons. There is nothing visible between ‘A Pricing You Will Love’ and ‘Full Root Access’ unless it is disabled

• ManishPantManishPant Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • @hkbbdx said:
    Disappointed with contabo. Please help me recommend an alternative. Acceptable for less than 10€ per month. Thank you

Hi,
    we can surely help you. Please DM me with a few more details about your needs

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

If it's in the EU, I'd recommend:

@AlexBarakov @alwyzon @LiteServer and @SpeedBus

Thanked by 3SpeedBus alwyzon hkbbdx
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I have changed to/added a LiteServer storage VPS recently and am very satisfied. Their only half kind of weak point is a "nice average" (but not really great) connectivity outside of Europe (inside Europe though it's really fine). Their positive side is performance and properly Raided disks. I'm very happy so far.

Another option, based on the experience of a good friend and colleague, is AlphaVPS / @AlexBarakov whose VPS seem to be very reliable and who provide excellent support.

Those two providers plus TerraHost (who may or may not offer storage VPS, me not know) would be my first choice in Europe.

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • i4P1i4P1 Member

Kimsufi KS-1/ LiteServer Stroage VPS/ Hetzner Storage Box

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • I opened another thread about storage since I was looking to cut my bill. I just got a dedicated server from OneProvider with these specs

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245 v2 - 3.4 GHz - 4 core(s)
    RAM: 32GB - DDR3
    Disks: 3x 2TB (HDD SATA)
    Bandwidth: Unmetered @ 100Mbps

For just 19 euros per month. I am currently setting things up. It's a bit over your budget but you get a lot more.

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member
    edited July 2022

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz 4 cores> @vitobotta said:

I opened another thread about storage since I was looking to cut my bill. I just got a dedicated server from OneProvider with these specs

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1245 v2 - 3.4 GHz - 4 core(s)
    RAM: 32GB - DDR3
    Disks: 3x 2TB (HDD SATA)
    Bandwidth: Unmetered @ 100Mbps

For just 19 euros per month. I am currently setting things up. It's a bit over your budget but you get a lot more.

I also bought it before, but it was set for four working days. I still did not give me the server, so I applied for a refund, and many people told me not to buy the oneprovider service.
    Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz 4 cores I looked and it was $23.99

• hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

@jsg said:
    I have changed to/added a LiteServer storage VPS recently and am very satisfied. Their only half kind of weak point is a "nice average" (but not really great) connectivity outside of Europe (inside Europe though it's really fine). Their positive side is performance and properly Raided disks. I'm very happy so far.

Another option, based on the experience of a good friend and colleague, is AlphaVPS / @AlexBarakov whose VPS seem to be very reliable and who provide excellent support.

Those two providers plus TerraHost (who may or may not offer storage VPS, me not know) would be my first choice in Europe.

As you said, LiteServer is accessed from China, very slow very slow

• nick_nick_ Member

You have a lot of options within that budget. I'd recommend either Hetzner or LiteServer.

Thanked by 1hkbbdx
  • hkbbdxhkbbdx Member

@AlexBarakov said:

I want two cores. 2G~8G memory. A hard disk of around 300G