Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FiberVM - Reliable LXC Instances | NVME, ECC Memory, Backups, Check it out! Singapore
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FiberVM - Reliable LXC Instances | NVME, ECC Memory, Backups, Check it out! Singapore

CloudVCloudV Member, Host Rep
edited July 2022 in Offers

">

Try our new NVMe VPS Plans. (LXC Based). Asia location Singapore.

Key Feature highlights -

✔️ Full Root Access - Full root access provided on every server. Set your own password with no access limitations!

✔️ Complimentary Backups: Daily Configurable - included with all FiberVM plans to keep your data safe.

✔️ Supportive - You get access to real support provided by human beings over live chat or support ticket.

✔️ Instant OS Installs - No waiting around with instant OS installs from our panel.

✔️ Unlimited Data Transfer (Fair Use)

✔️ Fast NVMe based storage

✔️ ECC DDR4 Memory

and more...

We are celebrating our first Singapore launch with a small promotion for LET this month

NVME VPS S (Singapore)

CPU: 4 vCPU Cores
Memory: 8 GB DDR4 ECC RAM
Disk: 64GB NVMe
IP Address: IPv4 + IPv6 (Configurable)
Traffic: Outgoing 3TB @ 1Gbps then throttled to 10Mbps, Unlimited Incoming
Remote Backups: Daily Configurable

Order Link - £ 5.94 per mo. (coupon=9T5X36E43)

Higher plans are also available on our website which could not be posted here,
->Browse All FiberVM NVMe Cloud VPS Plans<-

Please feel free to contact us with any questions. :)

F.A.Qs.

-> Which operating systems are available ?
All popular Linux distributions including Ubuntu, Debian, RockyLinux, AlmaLinux, CentOS, and Alpine are available.

-> Which payment methods are supported?
We currently accept paypal payments and credit / debit cards (Stripe 3D Secure).

-> Does it support Docker, Wireguard, TUN/TAP etc ?
Yes, our VM Instances are LXC virtualized. Support for Docker, Wireguard kernels, TUN/TAP, FUSE and BBR congestion control is built in.
We do not support nested virtualization.

-> How do backups work ?
Our Cloud VPS offers the possibility to create backups of your system, the current state of your system is saved. We allow you to schedule automated backups at fixed intervals or manually. In case you encounter any issue afterwards, you can easily “roll back” to a previous state.

-> Test IP
15.235.144.107 , 2402:1f00:8001:136b::1

Cloud Five Limited
Registration no 13830058
Companies House
Terms of Service , Acceptable Use Policy
EMAIL US: [email protected]
Chat with US (Mon - Thu)

Mod Edit (Not_Oles): Removed 🇸🇬 from title. Sorry! Please follow posting rules for titles. Thanks for your support of Low End Talk!

Mod Edit (Not_Oles): At OP's request, thread title changed to substitute LXC for VM.

Comments

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Sofa.
    Any £15/year small chickens?

Thanked by 2miu Ganonk
  • CloudVCloudV Member, Host Rep

@yoursunny said:
    Sofa.
    Any £15/year small chickens?

Chickens ?
    No.

• Pending

@waynechris said:
    Pending

Activated :)

• _MS__MS_ Member

Nice offers :) :+1:

Thanked by 1CloudV
  • tester4tester4 Member
    edited July 2022

What is the CPU's used on these nodes?

You should probably also write that the servers are LXC in more than just under the logo where nobody reads, such as in the product description as this feels mildly deceptive otherwise.

• umzakumzak Member
    edited July 2022

Yabs? SG

@tester4 said:

You should probably also write that the servers are LXC in more than just under the logo where nobody reads, such as in the product description as this feels mildly deceptive otherwise.

okay, will do better next time we post :)

Singapore is using Xeon Coffee lake based.

• nick_nick_ Member

Interesting bandwidth policy in SG. Only outgoing bandwidth is counted. I would like to see a yabs result too.

@umzak said:
    Yabs? SG

@nick_ said:
    Interesting bandwidth policy in SG. Only outgoing bandwidth is counted. I would like to see a yabs result too.

I am doing the yabs now

We have a 48 hour refund policy, so you may give it a try.

• ralfralf Member
    edited July 2022

This website still is full of inconsistencies.

If you click on that order link, it still says £5.99 everywhere then £6.99 in total recurring. Even though you've explained in a comment in another thread this is because £1 is added on for IPv4, the page itself says nothing about this. It's confusing as it is, because it's not at all obvious where the extra is coming from.

You say that traffic is 3TB outbound, but the order page says "unmetered inbound, unlimited outbound". Which is it? Because right now, if someone purchases it from the order form as-is, they're making a contract with you for unlimited bandwidth.

I agree that LXC should be more prominent. It's not mentioned ANYWHERE on the order page, and in fact that's a major disadvantage of this offering, so you should be upfront about this. Given that everything you've offered before has been KVM, it'll be confusing to existing customers as well as new customers.

Congrats on finally having TOS and AUP, even though these largely seem to be cut-and-pasted from elsewhere. I'd never heard of one of the prohibited things and when I googled it, I found an IDENTICAL AUP from another provider, even down to punctuation. But, this also doesn't say what reasonable use of your 4 cores is. Given it's LXC, I suppose you're trying to cram as many people as possible onto this box, yet when you first started you were promising dedicated resources on your KVM boxes.

Finally, I've mentioned this to you in private before, but none of these pages include your company number or company address. It is a legal requirement for UK businesses to have both on a customer facing website.

• cobrahcobrah Member

I've placed an order and paid, but it just appeared Pending, what am I missing ?

• JonesJones Member

@CloudV
    KVM plan?

edited July 2022

@ralf said:

If you click on that order link, it still says £5.99 everywhere then £6.99 in total recurring. Even though you've explained in a comment in another thread this is because £1 is added on for IPv4, the page itself says nothing about this. It's confusing as it is, because it's not at all obvious where the extra is coming from.

I think I understand where the confusion is coming from, you're seeing the billing portal mate :)
    Please have a look at the plans displayed on website https://fibervm.net/cloud-vps
    For example, the 'Cloud VPS S' plan is displayed as £6.99 for singapore location including ipv4, ipv6, backups etc.
    If you click order, it redirects to Ordering system which shows breakup of charges.
    if one doesn't need IPv4 it can be removed for further discount, making the same plan cost £5.99 now.

You say that traffic is 3TB outbound, but the order page says "unmetered inbound, unlimited outbound". Which is it? Because right now, if someone purchases it from the order form as-is, they're making a contract with you for unlimited bandwidth.

It is unlimited unless it disrupts the experience of other users sharing the same node, we will limit to lower speeds.
    most users with real usage (except media streaming ofc.) this should suffice.
    For further clarification of LET members we clearly mention fair usage expectations in OP here. :)

Also mention this in our AUP for legal obligations.

Server resources on our FiberVM Linux platform - CPU, network and disk I/O are shared among other users on the same node. If your VPS is persistently using these resource(s) for a prolonged period of time and/or disrupting the experience of other users sharing the same node, we will notify you to reduce your usage via ticket. Failure to acknowledge an abuse ticket will result in limiting of your vps.

I agree that LXC should be more prominent. It's not mentioned ANYWHERE on the order page, and in fact that's a major disadvantage of this offering, so you should be upfront about this. Given that everything you've offered before has been KVM, it'll be confusing to existing customers as well as new customers.

will make changes to make it more understandable as suggested, Thanks.
    we mention this in our site FAQ section

Congrats on finally having TOS and AUP, even though these largely seem to be cut-and-pasted from elsewhere. I'd never heard of one of the prohibited things and when I googled it, I found an IDENTICAL AUP from another provider, even down to punctuation. But, this also doesn't say what reasonable use of your 4 cores is. Given it's LXC, I suppose you're trying to cram as many people as possible onto this box, yet when you first started you were promising dedicated resources on your KVM boxes.

Indeed there are many hosts with similar prohibited uses and we did our research before putting this AUP into place. These most common cases of abuse are taken care so to ensure good experience for all users sharing same node.

One can choose the KVM plans if there is a need of dedicated resources or the Linux plans if they are fine with shared ones and have a limited budget.

I'm sure our KVM users are still happy as we haven't had many cancellations and hence no restock for kvm rn.

Finally, I've mentioned this to you in private before, but none of these pages include your company number or company address. It is a legal requirement for UK businesses to have both on a customer facing website.

I remember ;) thanks again for your help. I really appreciated that and made sure to include it in our site https://fibervm.net/contact

If you have further questions, I'm clicks away

edited July 2022

@Jones said:
    @CloudV
    KVM plan?

Hi Jones,

Thanks for the interest in our services!
    We are sold out for the KVM plans at the moment. We are working to restock it soon.

@umzak said:
    Yabs? SG

@nick_ said:

yabs using default options on NVME VPS S (Singapore) plan

root@trial:~# curl -sL yabs.sh | bash
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-06-11                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Sat Jul 16 05:36:46 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2236 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3400.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM        : 8.0 GiB
    Swap       : 2.0 GiB
    Disk       : 62.4 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
    Kernel     : 5.15.35-1-pve

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 783.53 MB/s (195.8k) | 2.46 GB/s    (38.4k)
    Write      | 785.60 MB/s (196.4k) | 2.47 GB/s    (38.6k)
    Total      | 1.56 GB/s   (392.2k) | 4.93 GB/s    (77.1k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 2.45 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.65 GB/s     (2.5k)
    Write      | 2.58 GB/s     (5.0k) | 2.83 GB/s     (2.7k)
    Total      | 5.03 GB/s     (9.8k) | 5.49 GB/s     (5.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 681 Mbits/sec   | 434 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 732 Mbits/sec   | 475 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | 828 Mbits/sec   | 844 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 728 Mbits/sec   | 711 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 689 Mbits/sec   | 572 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 439 Mbits/sec   | 414 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 808 Mbits/sec   | 631 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed
                    |                           |                 |
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 677 Mbits/sec   | 307 Mbits/sec
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 704 Mbits/sec   | 593 Mbits/sec
    Hybula          | The Netherlands (40G)     | busy            | 462 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 740 Mbits/sec   | 665 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 694 Mbits/sec   | 586 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 753 Mbits/sec   | 459 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 800 Mbits/sec   | 523 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 1169
    Multi Core      | 2804
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/16040717

• ralfralf Member
    edited July 2022

@CloudV said:
    I think I understand where the confusion is coming from, you're seeing the billing portal mate :)

I clicked on the link you provided.

It is unlimited unless it disrupts the experience of other users sharing the same node, we will limit to lower speeds.

However, by advertising it as unlimited, you are entering into a contract with people for unlimited. At the very least you'll have questions from people like me asking why the control panel has a low bandwidth limit when it was advertised as unlimited (your original KVM product). At worst, you'll have people abusing it, and when they're limited they might sue.

For further clarification of LET members we clearly mention fair usage expectations in OP here. :)

You'd be better to advertise the limit, and allow customers who go over slightly a free pass, rather than imposing further restrictions on a product after sale.

Server resources on our FiberVM Linux platform - CPU, network and disk I/O are shared among other users on the same node. If your VPS is persistently using these resource(s) for a prolonged period of time and/or disrupting the experience of other users sharing the same node, we will notify you to reduce your usage via ticket. Failure to acknowledge an abuse ticket will result in limiting of your vps.

What I mean is, you haven't specified what is acceptable. "persistently using your CPU" could mean anything. On the previous package, you assured us that our CPU was dedicated, so it was at least clear that you could expect to use 2 vCPUs and get 2 threads (maybe 1 core) without problem.

Congrats on finally having TOS and AUP, even though these largely seem to be cut-and-pasted from elsewhere.

Indeed there are many hosts with similar prohibited uses and we did our research before putting this AUP into place. These most common cases of abuse are taken care so to ensure good experience for all users sharing same node.

My point is that you haven't just done your research. You've literally cut-and-pasted these from another provider.

I remember ;) thanks again for your help. I really appreciated that and made sure to include it in our site https://fibervm.net/contact

Sure, you might have these pages available, but again from the link you posted, it's not possible to navigate to any of these pages, as every link keeps you in the billing portal rather than navigating to the main website.

In any case, the law is very clear. The pages on a customer facing website must either have your company number and address on it, or an obvious link to a page that does e.g. "Contact us".

https://gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/signs-stationery-and-promotional-material

edited July 2022

@ralf said:

@CloudV said:

I clicked on the link you provided.

Ik .. so is provided the plan details & pricing in op.

However, by advertising it as unlimited, you are entering into a contract with people for unlimited. At the very least you'll have questions from people like me asking why the control panel has a low bandwidth limit when it was advertised as unlimited (your original KVM product). At worst, you'll have people abusing it, and when they're limited they might sue.

You'd be better to advertise the limit, and allow customers who go over slightly a free pass, rather than imposing further restrictions on a product after sale.

I accept this constructive feedback & take it to consideration. We might change the advertisement text on site to further clarify on what to expect! 🙂

What I mean is, you haven't specified what is acceptable. "persistently using your CPU" could mean anything. On the previous package, you assured us that our CPU was dedicated, so it was at least clear that you could expect to use 2 vCPUs and get 2 threads (maybe 1 core) without problem.

that is exactly what is our KVM line of VPS does and suits your requirements!

For these LXC machines one can always burst to use 100% of allocated resources when needed.
    but going further this is also a shared environment so all the resources in these plans are shared. Depending on the severity of abuse, systems detected running with a constant 100% utilization of CPU, Disk I/O, and/or Network will be will be sent a ticket Communication detailing the reason.
    If there is no response we limit it to a fair point where the service is usable but also does not affect others. (unlike other providers we don't suspend your service)
    These rules and procedures are in place to ensure uptime and performance for all guest
    services.

Congrats on finally having TOS and AUP, even though these largely seem to be cut-and-pasted from elsewhere.

My point is that you haven't just done your research. You've literally cut-and-pasted these from another provider.

We haven't had much cases of legal abuse in the past year of operating, but we have only experienced usage abuse. So can't do much "research". It can only develop with time once we experience these cases first hand.
    For now, we follow generally acceptable norms of the internet community and what other providers follow.

Sure, you might have these pages available, but again from the link you posted, it's not possible to navigate to any of these pages, as every link keeps you in the billing portal rather than navigating to the main website.

In any case, the law is very clear. The pages on a customer facing website must either have your company number and address on it, or an obvious link to a page that does e.g. "Contact us".

https://gov.uk/running-a-limited-company/signs-stationery-and-promotional-material

Correct me if I am wrong, there is a link to 'Terms of Service' on the billing portal aswell. It mentions all details as obligated by law (company number and address etc.).
    I feel all the issues raised were already addressed but there is misunderstanding around it. I hope I cleared things a bit.
    No point in discussing further here as this is an offer post. I gladly accept further discussion on this one in PM.

If anyone has questions or feedback except what is already addressed, you are welcome to post it here!
    I will honestly answer all the questions and accept feedback to develop better service experience in future. :)

• edited July 2022

It's £6.99 per month, not £5.99. I feel don't like this trick.

@webmasteroffers said:
    It's £6.99 per month, not £5.99. I feel don't like this trick.

please apply promotional code 9T5X36E43 as mentioned in post. Lemme know if there is anything else you need help.

• ralfralf Member
    edited July 2022

@CloudV said:
    Correct me if I am wrong, there is a link to 'Terms of Service' on the billing portal aswell. It mentions all details as obligated by law (company number and address etc.).

The link you posted, https://clients.cloud-v.net/?/cart/singapore/&id=5 doesn't have any obvious links that allow you to escape the client portal into the main site. So no, there is no link to the legally required information. Even the link to the ToS doesn't provide a link out.

Generally accepted best practice for UK companies is to have a footer on every page that includes either the company number and address, or a navigation bar that lets people navigate the entire site with a clear link for Contact Us.

Also, for completeness, if you're representing FibreVM as a separate brand that's not a UK company in its own right, you need to clearly state (again ideally in a footer) "<company name> t/a FibreVM" along with the details of the company.

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2022

Looks like you guys completely copied an older build of my site https://canvay.io ..?
    I mean you didn't even change the text

Edit: I'm currently in touch with them, looks like they got the page developed by someone from upwork

Thanked by 4ralf FAT32 Marx angstrom
  • @CloudV said:

@tester4 said:

okay, will do better next time we post :)

Singapore is using Xeon Coffee lake based.

Bloody hell.

You're mass selling 2 physical core containers when your whole hypervisor only has 6? I guess you may get away with this due to it being LXC but I don't think anyone should use this for anything serious. CPU is going to be oversold like x10 before the OVH server cost is covered.

edited July 2022

@tester4 said:

Bloody hell.

You're mass selling 2 physical core containers when your whole hypervisor only has 6? I guess you may get away with this due to it being LXC but I don't think anyone should use this for anything serious. CPU is going to be oversold like x10 before the OVH server cost is covered.

For LET's sake I can say one can use upto 20% cpu consistently on all plans, above which it's burstable upto 100%. :)

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Moderator, Patron Provider

Good morning from Mexico! 👍

At @CloudV's request I changed the thread title to substitute "LXC" for "VM".

It's nice to have an active thread! Thanks to all the folks who have posted! Thanks to @CloudV for responding!

Thanked by 1CloudV
  • barkbark Member

Running:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1145
    Multi Core | 3902
    ~

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Yet-Another-Bench-Script

v2022-06-11

https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script

## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ##

Sat Jul 16 17:58:18 UTC 2022

Basic System Information:

Uptime : 0 days, 0 hours, 33 minutes
    Processor : Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2236 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    CPU cores : 4 @ 3400.000 MHz
    AES-NI : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ✔ Enabled
    RAM : 8.0 GiB
    Swap : 2.0 GiB
    Disk : 62.4 GiB
    Distro : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel : 5.15.35-1-pve

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):

Block Size 4k (IOPS) 64k (IOPS)
    Read 745.86 MB/s (186.4k) 2.34 GB/s (36.5k)
    Write 747.83 MB/s (186.9k) 2.35 GB/s (36.7k)
    Total 1.49 GB/s (373.4k) 4.69 GB/s (73.3k)
    Block Size 512k (IOPS) 1m (IOPS)
    ------ --- ---- ---- ----
    Read 2.59 GB/s (5.0k) 2.75 GB/s (2.6k)
    Write 2.73 GB/s (5.3k) 2.93 GB/s (2.8k)
    Total 5.33 GB/s (10.4k) 5.68 GB/s (5.5k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 680 Mbits/sec | 474 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 723 Mbits/sec | 307 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 827 Mbits/sec | 845 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom | Tashkent, UZ (10G) | 682 Mbits/sec | 669 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 428 Mbits/sec | 561 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Dallas, TX, US (10G) | 295 Mbits/sec | 362 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 813 Mbits/sec | 397 Mbits/sec

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):

Provider | Location (Link) | Send Speed | Recv Speed
    | | |
    Clouvider | London, UK (10G) | 668 Mbits/sec | 302 Mbits/sec
    Online.net | Paris, FR (10G) | 709 Mbits/sec | 615 Mbits/sec
    Hybula | The Netherlands (40G) | 519 Mbits/sec | 509 Mbits/sec
    Uztelecom | Tashkent, UZ (10G) | 666 Mbits/sec | 619 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | NYC, NY, US (10G) | 684 Mbits/sec | 586 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Dallas, TX, US (10G) | 746 Mbits/sec | 436 Mbits/sec
    Clouvider | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 791 Mbits/sec | 397 Mbits/sec

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:

Test | Value
    |
    Single Core | 1145
    Multi Core | 3902

Thanked by 1CloudV
  • cobrahcobrah Member

I purchased a Singapore-based VPS, but the IP is detected as Canada by ip2location.com

• I save $6 since no crypto accepted .