Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Remote hands in LA
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Remote hands in LA

leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

Hey LET,
I am looking for someone who can unrack, pack some servers, move them to another DC closeby and rack/cable them again. Activity would ideally be scheduled during off-peak hours.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

Thank you!

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Moved this to the "Requests" category ✌️

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • KassemKassem Member

This is a risky activity. How would you be sure that this person won't clone the storage drives in these servers mid move?

Maybe safer to ask the new DC to do this and send someone from their end to pick it up?

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@Kassem said:
    This is a risky activity. How would you be sure that this person won't clone the storage drives in these servers mid move?

These are empty servers. The activity is during offpeak hours to prevent anything from happening to live servers while racking/unracking.

Maybe safer to ask the new DC to do this and send someone from their end to pick it up?

New DC does not offer this, hence the post 🙂

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2022

@DP said:

Wait a minute. When did the "The Domain Guy" become MOD?

@leapswitch said: New DC does not offer this, hence the post

What kind of DC is it?

Thanked by 1RIYAD
  • MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@leapswitch said:
    Hey LET,
    I am looking for someone who can unrack, pack some servers, move them to another DC closeby and rack/cable them again. Activity would ideally be scheduled during off-peak hours.

Thank you!

Which data centers are they moving from / to?

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:

@DP said:

Wait a minute. When did the "The Domain Guy" become MOD?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3422898/#Comment_3422898

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider
    edited June 2022

This is risky for sure like theft , I know a guy who has worked with us before . I can give you his contact , pm me

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • emgemg Veteran
    edited July 2022

I responded to @leapswitch on 1 June with a personal message here on LET. I asked for more details about what help they needed. They never responded. All I got was crickets. How rude!

The most recent time they were active here on LET was a few hours ago, so they must have seen and ignored my message. Now I wonder why I responded at all.

If leapswitch could not be bothered to respond to someone who offered to help but needed more info, then I would not trust them for anything else, including whatever VPS or dedicated server services they offer.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@emg said:
    I responded to @leapswitch on 1 June with a personal message here on LET. I asked for more details about what help they needed. They never responded. All I got was crickets. How rude!

The most recent time they were active here on LET was a few hours ago, so they must have seen and ignored my message. Now I wonder why I responded at all.

If leapswitch could not be bothered to respond to someone who offered to help but needed more info, then I would not trust them for anything else, including whatever VPS or dedicated server services they offer.

Apologies, this was not our intention and your message was genuinely missed. Our new datacenter handled it for us so we didn't actively reach out in this thread or via messages.

• emgemg Veteran

@leapswitch said:
    Apologies, this was not our intention and your message was genuinely missed. Our new datacenter handled it for us so we didn't actively reach out in this thread or via messages.

Apology accepted. Mistakes happen, so I take back what I said.

Thanked by 1leapswitch
  • that escalated and de-escalated quickly.

• VoidVoid Member

@leapswitch said:
    Hey LET,

Thank you!

Shouldn't it be called Smart Hands?