Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5990X CPU Overclocked To 4.82 GHz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5990X CPU Overclocked To 4.82 GHz

DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
edited July 2022 in News

DP's CPN (Copy & Paste News) ✌️

Extreme overclocker, SkatterBencher, has overclocked AMD's unreleased Ryzen Threadripper 5990X HEDT CPU to an impressive 4.82 GHz across all 64 cores on a custom water-loop setup.

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 5990X CPU Overclocked To 4.82 GHz Across All 64 of Its Zen 3 Cores To Shatter 100,000 Points In Cinebench R23

The AMD Ryzen Threadripper CPU tested by SkatterBencher is the 5990X which isn't a chip that the red team has officially released. In fact, it's an engineering sample that the overclocker was able to acquire and features 64 cores, 128 threads, 288 MB of L3 cache, and clock speeds of up to 2.65 GHz at stock (2.27 GHz on average). The CPU was tested on the ASUS ROG ZENITH II Extreme Alpha with 32 GB (8 x 4) DDR4-2144 memory. For cooling, an EK-Quantum custom-loop water cooler was used.

Reference: https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-threadripper-5990x-cpu-overclocked-to-4-82-ghz-shatters-100000-points-in-cinebench-r23/

End of DP's CPN (Copy & Paste News) ✌️
Thanked by 2JasonM james50a

Comments

• acidpukeacidpuke Member
    edited July 2022

How times have changed, I remember having my Tandy TRS-80 in the late 70's I thought it was amazing .. later I was actually was able to buy a hard drive a whopping 20MB for it.

I spent over $300 for that hard drive about killed me then, but had to have it.

Thanked by 11gservers
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Can't wait to get one of these puppies (as linus says).

• LeviLevi Member

How consistent power is on that overclock? I mean - can I utilize it for 72 hours without stop? If cooling is suficient of course.

• ralfralf Member

Imagine a Beowulf cluster of these!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ralf said:
    Imagine a Beowulf cluster of these!

Imagine seeing $7/year offers for VPSs running on these!