Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Linux Container (LXC) from just CHF 9.24 (~9,71$) / year in Germany (Falkenstein)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Linux Container (LXC) from just CHF 9.24 (~9,71$) / year in Germany (Falkenstein)

securebitsecurebit Member, Host Rep

Hi LowEndTalk Users

Securebit AG provides virtual Servers, Colocation, Internet Resources (ASN, IPv4, IPv6) and other Solutions in data centers around the World (Amsterdam, Dusseldorf, Falkenstein, Frankfurt, Fremont, London, Sydney and Zurich).

Our services are based on latest HPE and DELL servers, offering outstanding performance and reliability . We also operate our own fully redundant network across multiple data centers.

Securebit AG was founded in 2018 and we support you with knowledge of over 14 years of experience in networks, virtualization, internet services and development.

Today we want to offer you our Linux Containers:

LXC 512MB (1 CPU, 512 MB RAM, 5 GB HDD) CHF 0.77/mo ($0.81/mo) - Order now
• 1 Core @ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20
• 512 MB ECC RAM
• 5 GB NVMe
• 1 Gbps (Shared) with Unlimited Traffic
• 1 IPv6 Address (Chosse yourself)
• IPv4 Address (optional)

LXC 1GB (1 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 10 GB HDD) CHF 1.47/mo ($1.55/mo) - Order now
• 1 Core @ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20
• 1 GB ECC RAM
• 10 GB NVMe
• 1 Gbps (Shared) with Unlimited Traffic
• 1 IPv6 Address (Chosse yourself)

With us, you can choose the IPv6 address of your server yourself. So you can remember it easier or get a shorter IPv6 address.

View all Linux Container Offers here

Securebit currently have more then 4400 happy customers, running more then 7500 tunnels and more then 400 dedicated and virtual servers:
- About Securebit AG

It is important to us to offer our customers the best support. Therefore, we decided to make our support performance accessible.
- Customer Satisfaction

We have our own data centers and several high-performance servers at different locations, with connections to the largest exchange nodes.
- Technology
- Network

Find out more about Securebit AG and our offers:

Internet Resources

Servers

Comments

• MumblyMumbly Member

@securebit said: With us, you can choose the IPv6 address of your server yourself. So you can remember it easier or get a shorter IPv6 address.

Looks like nice offer, but one single IPv6 address from shared /108 - /116 pool? Now that's unique. Are you also afraid to run out of the IPv6? :D

Thanked by 2ralf xms
  • KousakaKousaka Member
    edited June 2022

Sigh. So you offer a single address from a /64 from Hetzner. You guys are genius, really.

Thanked by 1Sauron
  • coldcold Member

wait, what ? this a ipv6 only box ? and they charge 9,50 CHF ?

Thanked by 2kheng86 szymonp
  • Hi, is IPV4 (optional) free or paid ?
    is it possible to see YABS ?

• szarkaszarka Member
    edited June 2022

@securebit said:

based

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

I haven't even noticed lack of IPv4 when I said "nice offer". It's rather embarrassing offer.
    Not that it makes any difference however it's not even from /64 but limited to 4 characters (colon included), so it looks rather one address from /108 - /116 (or even /116 only?) pool.
    They really seems to care about IPv6 depletion :D

• securebitsecurebit Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2022

IPv4 is possible but only for CHF 5 per month and CHF 30 for setup.
    IPv6 is from the listed /64 prefix, but limited to 4 digits yes.

If you have any suggestions to make this better, let us know and we will discuss this of cause.

If you need dualstack server we recommend:
    https://www.securebit.ch/server/internet_exchange

@Mumbly said:
    Looks like nice offer, but one single IPv6 address from shared /108 - /116 pool? Now that's unique. Are you also afraid to run out of the IPv6? :D

No we do not afraid to run out, for our IX and virtual Server clients can request a routed /48 for free.
    But for this offer we decided to use the /64 and provide 4 digits.

• coldcold Member

so basically if we buy direct from hetzner it would be cheaper and get an /64 ipv6 block?

Thanked by 1kheng86
  • ralfralf Member

@cold said:
    so basically if we buy direct from hetzner it would be cheaper and get an /64 ipv6 block?

But then you wouldn't get the opportunity to share your core with others using LXC. Life is more fun when you're sharing.

• coldcold Member

@ralf said:

@cold said:

But then you wouldn't get the opportunity to share your core with others using LXC. Life is more fun when you're sharing.

oh, I'm sooo sorry, didnt ment to be selfish... but i guess old habbits die hard... I wasn't used to share, since I have no bothers/sisters... only sister I had was @Nekki.....

• Carlin0Carlin0 Member
    edited June 2022

30 CHF for setup 1 IPV4 ...

HighEndTalk o:)

• coldcold Member

@Carlin0 said:
    30 CHF for setup 1 IPV4 ...

HighEndTalk o:)

no, that's LET in .CH but they forget not all of us live in .CH

Thanked by 1Carlin0
  • Let's say that on a 9 CHF/year VPS, adding a 30 CHF cost to setup an IPV4 seems disproportionate to me

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

@Carlin0 said:
    Let's say that on a 9 CHF/year VPS, adding a 30 CHF cost to setup an IPV4 seems disproportionate to me

But then again, with 5CHF/m IPv4 price that's just cherry on the top. It's almost insultive for the LET community how bad this offer is.

In some rare circumstances as example if there would be decent disk quota for IPv6 backup transfer this could be useful for someone even with one single /128, but that's not the case here.
    I am not sure what they were thinking posting this, but I am pretty sure there won't be even one single sucker who would actually purcase this. I mean, for what? To be laughed at? :)

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

Nevermind.

• i7 8700 doesn't support ECC, offer posting is not accurate.