Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ultravps.eu down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ultravps.eu down

Comments

• StrypStryp Member

I hope it's just their network and not my entire server. Would be sad to see my game server corrupted, I just set it up and actualized plugins today.

• emreemre Member, LIR

@Stryp said:
    I hope it's just their network and not my entire server. Would be sad to see my game server corrupted, I just set it up and actualized plugins today.

It looks like all Düsseldorf based services down happened second time in a very short period not good not good...

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited June 2022

Düsseldorf has a power problem in some suburbs right now. Myloc/Servdiscount DC (located in Düsseldorf as well) is also down.

Thanked by 2RickBakkr szymonp
  • alvinalvin Member

I received status down alert about DE node of the ultravps & Myloc at the same time.

• emreemre Member, LIR

@OhJohn said:
    Düsseldorf has a power problem in some suburbs right now. Myloc/Servdiscount DC (located in Düsseldorf as well) is also down.

Well...
    fuck...
    I'm on vacation shit shit shit...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@emre said:

@OhJohn said:

Well...
    fuck...
    I'm on vacation shit shit shit...

Imagine loosing millions and your wife left you because of this.
    Dam, had you just setup premium HA.

• emreemre Member, LIR

Only upside is my new zfs based arrays are more resilient than old mdadm raid based stuff. I hope they fix the power problem as soon as possible and let's see what happened to zfs arrays after a power cut.

• OhJohnOhJohn Member

Actually I'm running servers in like 2 or 3 dozen DC around the globe and had like 3 DC downtimes in the last couple of years because of power failures. All 3 in one DC. All Düsseldorf.

If Myloc wouldn't have such a great network, it would be time to move. But their power failure handling (at least for the Servdiscount line, can't say about Myloc directly) sucks.

But yes, failover via dns kicked in after a minute, so nothing lost, just a some http requests. :)

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2022

oh yea myLoc, they had power outages years ago.

edit: http://myloc.de ded

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited June 2022

Even their status page is dead now (had been working half an hour ago).

hm, the power supplier says repair work is finished since 14:45 UTC. Let's see how good Myloc is in bringing their services up again....

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

This might be interesting to share here; as you can follow state of the power outage in the suburb where Am Gatherhof is (where myLoc is at);

https://www.netz-duesseldorf.de/unsere-infrastruktur/stoerungskarte/

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited June 2022

Yes, but it says: work finished at 16:45 (local time) which is 14:45 UTC - but nothing up yet at Myloc DC.

Am Gatherhof is in Rath and that problem is marked as solved by the power supplier in Düsseldorf.

Power problems in that suburb started at 13:08 UTC, myloc went down shortly before 14:00 UTC, so their fuel generators survived for like 45 minutes before failing as well. I don't know about DC planning but 45 minutes does not seem too bad (while still not enough ...). And they will surely hate this day with the current fuel prices...

• emreemre Member, LIR

@OhJohn said:
    Yes, but it says: work finished at 16:45 (local time) which is 14:45 UTC - but nothing up yet at Myloc DC.

Am Gatherhof is in Rath and that problem is marked as solved by the power supplier in Düsseldorf.

Power problems in that suburb started at 13:08 UTC, myloc went down shortly before 14:00 UTC, so their fuel generators survived for like 45 minutes before failing as well. I don't know about DC planning but 45 minutes does not seem too bad (while still not enough ...). And they will surely hate this day with the current fuel prices...

Port District 3, Port District 3
    Electricity: The cause of the fault is currently unknown
    06/22/2022 12:53 Start of work
    probably until 06/22/2022 18:37

• emreemre Member, LIR
    edited June 2022

18.37 German time so at least an hour more if the German discipline applies here ..

• OhJohnOhJohn Member

@emre : don't know for sure if Providerdienste/Ultravps is using the Myloc DC but the Myloc DC is located in Rath and that is marked as solved. And I don't think that Düsseldorf is having a general outage (as first claimed by Myloc) but just those two, one (the one in Rath) marked as solved since 14:45 UTC/16:45 local time.

• emreemre Member, LIR

Myloc is back up. No news for ultravps...

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@OhJohn said:
    If Myloc wouldn't have such a great network, it would be time to move. But their power failure handling (at least for the Servdiscount line, can't say about Myloc directly) sucks.

I do have two dedicated servers with myLoc from servdiscount brand and both have been powered and reachable without any interruptions according to hetrixtools 1 min. polling.
    It doesn't look like a general issue, maybe bad luck with a defective ups or generator.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited June 2022

No, the problem is actually that one or two of their six DC rooms always have power problems when they go down while the other DC rooms are serving better. So in case of general power failure the quality of service differs a lot depending on the DC room (or whatever they call their six DCs inside their complex).

So if your servers are located in DUS 5, you probably weren't affected, at least not in the way that DUS 1 and DUS 3 were affected. (I think that DUS 1 to 4 are located at the Gatherhof address while DUS 5 is close to other datacenters in the street In der Steele - don't know where DUS 6 is located). In der Steele is south of Düsseldorf while Am Gatherhof is in the northeast.

E.g. their www.myloc-status.de is still down...

(but at least the server is up again since ~16:10 UTC).

Thanked by 1dfroe
  • bjobjo Member

http://status.providerdienste.de/
    Routing to DUS seems still broken.

• xx00xxxx00xx Member

i did not know that providerdienste/ultravps has space at myloc ?
    i thought they only use them for their network blend as an backup upstream

@UltraVPS when interxion and equinix are to pricey, take a look at the connecta park https://www.hkn.de/colocation or https://www.comtrance.net/de/rechenzentrum/

• deqideqi Member

--- Update 19:30 CEST ---

-- de --

Nach aktueller Information kam es gegen 15:30 Uhr bei Strassenbauarbeiten zu einer Beschaedigung des Stromnetzes in Duesseldorf-Unterrath. Nachdem das Notstromaggregate uebernommen hat, hat es leider Feuer gefangen und musste gegen 16:10 Uhr deaktiviert werden.

Derzeit wird ein Ersatzgeraet in Stellung gebracht. Im besten Fall wird die Stromversorgung gegen 21 Uhr wiederhergestellt sein. Wir werden dann damit beginnen, unsere Systeme wiederhochzufahren.

-- en --

According to current information, the power grid in Duesseldorf-Unterrath was damaged at around 3:30 p.m. CEST during road construction work. Unfortunately, after the emergency generator took over, it caught fire and had to be deactivated around 4:10 p.m. CEST.

A replacement device is currently being deployed. In the best-case scenario, power will be restored around 9 p.m. CEST. We will then begin to boot our systems back up.

• Everything seems up now.

• deqideqi Member

can confirm, went back up at ~02.30 cest

• valkvalk Member
    edited June 2022

@deqi said:
    According to current information, the power grid in Duesseldorf-Unterrath was damaged at around 3:30 p.m. CEST during road construction work. Unfortunately, after the emergency generator took over, it caught fire and had to be deactivated around 4:10 p.m. CEST.

God damn. At least it didn't burn the racks to ash. (Unlike SBG2)