Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Windows VPS has the worst support I have ever come across. Avoid them like the plague!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Windows VPS has the worst support I have ever come across. Avoid them like the plague!

oRAirwolfoRAirwolf Member
edited June 2022 in Providers

I had my VPS hosted with cheapwindowsvps.com die on me on June 11th. The VPS was no longer accessible, the OS will not power on, and the noVNC console cannot establish a connection. The VPS dashboard shows the status as offline.

I opened a high priority case on the 11th and received a reply back immediately saying they are looking into it. Every several hours I would reply back asking what was going on and they would just keep replying back immediately saying to be patient. Eventually they said that my VPS node was down for maintenance and would be back shortly. This was the next day on June 12th. They eventually just stopped replying. I opened a new ticket on June 18th saying that I was still down and that they are no longer replying on my other ticket. They said that the node "was" down for maintenance and are still no longer helping.

Their site says they have a 99.99% uptime guarantee, which is 54 minutes of downtime a year. We are currently on the 11th day of downtime.

These guys have decent pricing, but apparently have no support whatsoever. I would strongly suggest going with a different provider if you were looking at them.

Comments

• ArkasArkas Moderator

HHmmmmm

• @oRAirwolf said:
    Every several hours I would reply back asking what was going on and they would just keep replying back immediately saying to be patient.

• ralfralf Member

I appreciate as a provider, this would be really annoying. But as a customer it'd be nice to know at least "yeah, it's all buggered, it'll take hours" rather than being left expecting it'll come back to life any minute.

Of course, after a week it's pretty inexcusable to have no communication at all.

Thanked by 2Logano dhardison
  • @ralf said:
    I appreciate as a provider, this would be really annoying. But as a customer it'd be nice to know at least "yeah, it's all buggered, it'll take hours" rather than being left expecting it'll come back to life any minute.

Of course, after a week it's pretty inexcusable to have no communication at all.

I have asked multiple times for an explanation of what is going on so I can understand why it is taking so long, but they just come back saying "we are working on this please be patient" or "your node was under maintenance."

If they would just be honest and tell me why it has been down for 11 days, I would not be so irritated with them.

Thanked by 1Logano
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

@oRAirwolf said: If they would just be honest and tell me why it has been down for 11 days, I would not be so irritated with them.

Interesting! Please tell us more!
    Thanks.

• VoidVoid Member

“Cheap” and “support” don’t go so well together

Thanked by 1Alireza
  • LisoLiso Member

I for sure don't want anything to do with company that advertise to be cheap, even goes as far to put cheap into their URL. This gives sketchy vibe to me.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Never had that issue with them but sometimes their support isn’t the most knowledgeable

• @Liso said:
    I for sure don't want anything to do with company that advertise to be cheap, even goes as far to put cheap into their URL. This gives sketchy vibe to me.

Same with hosts putting "fast" or "reliable" in their names. Makes me think entirely the opposite.

• Probably catastrophic RAID failure without backups. Sounds like it at least.

• @oRAirwolf said:
    I would reply back asking what was going on and they would just keep replying back immediately saying to be patient.
    These guys have decent pricing, but apparently have no support whatsoever. I would strongly suggest going with a different provider if you were looking at them.

You've stated they've responded multiple times, so clearly you're just wrong.

Second, post the tickets. You're definitely coming across as annoying.

• @Alex_Leo said:
    Probably catastrophic RAID failure without backups. Sounds like it at least.

Bigger problem they don't have spare nodes to just reprovision him and have him restore from backup and leave support alone.

Thanked by 1Alex_Leo
  • @jmaxwell said:
    “Cheap” and “support” don’t go so well together

$9/m for 2c-4g does not sound really "cheap"

• Cheap often means you need more time to communicate with customer service to solve problems, I know that feeling, so I still recommend that you migrate your services to another platform as soon as possible.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Without hardware explanations - cheap should actual be an alarming word.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I don't usually go by names, but a lot of times when it is cheap, you end up paying more for it in the end.

• I just put in a cancellation request and signed up with another provider,