Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare Outage - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare Outage

2»

Comments

• @jbiloh said:
    This issue took LowEndTalk down !!! :(

Good that they fixed it so fast, couldn't live without my daily LET :anguished:

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@Pilotseye said:

@jbiloh said:

Good that they fixed it so fast, couldn't live without my daily LET :anguished:

Yeah buddy!! :)

• MumblyMumbly Member
    edited June 2022

@jbiloh said:

And no one even noticed? Damn ungrateful people! 😳

Thanked by 2bulbasaur ralf
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I was up around 2:30am my time when it happened. When both LET and ogf went down, I thought it was a whole conspiracy that jbiloh owned the ogf too which would have been the biggest drama thread ever. Turned out, it was just cloudflare lol

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • zcorpszcorps Member

@DP said:

@zcorps said:
    hmmmm thats why i not use cloudflare , if cloudflare goes down so as your website too.

Well that's not entirely accurate.

If Cloudflare goes down, your website doesn't "go down".

It's hosted elsewhere which is online and where you have other ways of accessing - just won't be available/accessible by the public :smiley:

well public maters , imagine if Amazon shop is using cloudflare proxy on its front then let say cloudflare goes down for a min then it mean Amazon will not be accessible to public and amazon will loose thousands of dollars in that min. so the same apply to site which depends on public, if your site is not accessible to public for a hour due to cloudflare then it mean u lost some audience and also $$$

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@zcorps said:

@DP said:

@zcorps said:
    hmmmm thats why i not use cloudflare , if cloudflare goes down so as your website too.

Well that's not entirely accurate.

If Cloudflare goes down, your website doesn't "go down".

It's hosted elsewhere which is online and where you have other ways of accessing - just won't be available/accessible by the public :smiley:

well public maters , imagine if Amazon shop is using cloudflare proxy on its front then let say cloudflare goes down for a min then it mean Amazon will not be accessible to public and amazon will loose thousands of dollars in that min. so the same apply to site which depends on public, if your site is not accessible to public for a hour due to cloudflare then it mean u lost some audience and also $$$

Yeah but inaccessible/unreachable != down.

The terms/description matters, to a certain extent at least.

But if you say “it’s as good as it being down”, then yes :smiley:

Plus, it was intermittent, and some people, somewhere, were still able to access some sites behind CF.

Just saying ✌🏼