Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare Outage
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• Its okay now, things are going back up.

• ailiceailice Member

That why I cant access hostcram lately :'(

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • xVideos still up, what a stud

• dosaidosai Member

Up for me now.

• that is why I am unable to access LET and other forums too.

• It is @tinyweasel fault!!! He is DDoSing Internet!

• EthernetServersEthernetServers Member, Patron Provider

A fix has been implemented and we are monitoring the results.

Will be interesting to see the RFO. Will probably be available in a few hours I'd think.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

Getting too frequent which doesn't look on company this large.

• It seems to have returned to normal.

• apolgy for bad english

where were you when cloudflare die

i was at house eating dorito when phone ring

“cloudflare is kil”

“no”

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • DonkeyDonkey Member

May be related to recent publication of ddos origins? 😀🤣

• ariq01ariq01 Member

involucrated?

• omgwtfcf :hushed:

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ariq01 said:
    involucrated?

Yes, Cloudflare users are definitely involucrated in this unfortunate incident.

• Interestingly, Uptime robot indicates one of my websites is down, but I can reach it myself from my residential network as well as from a bunch of other places using a VPN.

Looks like a partial outage of sorts.

@stevewatson301 said:
    Interestingly, Uptime robot indicates one of my websites is down, but I can reach it myself from my residential network as well as from a bunch of other places using a VPN.

Looks like a partial outage of sorts.

Partial, and intermittent apparently.

Just waiting for the RFO/RCA :smiley:

• LTGTLTGT Member

• blackblack Member

Woke up in the middle of the night due to monitoring alerts

All servers are still online though, wtf

realize it's Cloudflare, attempting to implement a fix

Trying to test a fix but needed to edit CDN settings. Long loading times and search doesn't load results on Cloudflare's dashboard. Everyone's probably slamming CF's website

Keep trying but service came back before I could test the fix

Even though I have redundancy built in, longest service disruption for my API since inception

FeelsBadMan.png

• JabJabJabJab Member
    edited June 2022

(Global) Outages like that always makes me wonder how monitoring tools like HetrixTools (tagging @HBAndrei ) handles that.
    How does the load goes up? How many notifications? How much traffic spike? Many people logging for first time in months to check wtf? :)

--

Like one of the "service down" e-mail showed up in my inbox (Created on: 21 June 2022 at 08:32 (Delivered after 5604 seconds)) 90 minutes after it was sent and with GMail sorting it's like 10 e-mails ABOVE "service UP" e-mail.,

EDIT: Oh, yeah. That account e-mails goes via Cloudflare catch-all, I guess that kinda explains why it was 90 minutes later. Outageception :D

• suutsuut Member

Unbelievable!

• waiting for their postmortem/RCA...

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@JabJab said:
    (Global) Outages like that always makes me wonder how monitoring tools like HetrixTools (tagging @HBAndrei ) handles that.
    How does the load goes up? How many notifications? How much traffic spike? Many people logging for first time in months to check wtf? :)

--

Like one of the "service down" e-mail showed up in my inbox (Created on: 21 June 2022 at 08:32 (Delivered after 5604 seconds)) 90 minutes after it was sent and with GMail sorting it's like 10 e-mails ABOVE "service UP" e-mail.,

EDIT: Oh, yeah. That account e-mails goes via Cloudflare catch-all, I guess that kinda explains why it was 90 minutes later. Outageception :D

It was quite the event indeed. "Luckily" for us, it wasn't the first time, and we've learned a lot from previous similar experiences.

Emails sent out spiked quite a lot, to over 10 times the usual numbers:

The detected errors spiked to about 7 times the usual numbers:

There was indeed a traffic spike on the platform, as is to be expected when so many websites go down all at once:

You can read our full description of the outage, here:
    https://docs.hetrixtools.com/june-21-2022-cloudflare-outage/

I think it was handled OK, but there's always room to improve.

Cheers.

Thanked by 4AXYZE ariq01 JabJab Erisa
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I was asleep.

• What did I miss?

• zcorpszcorps Member

hmmmm thats why i not use cloudflare , if cloudflare goes down so as your website too.

@zcorps said:
    hmmmm thats why i not use cloudflare , if cloudflare goes down so as your website too.

Well that's not entirely accurate.

If Cloudflare goes down, your website doesn't "go down".

It's hosted elsewhere which is online and where you have other ways of accessing - just won't be available/accessible by the public :smiley:

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

This issue took LowEndTalk down !!! :(