Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Interesting Infographics Thread
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The Interesting Infographics Thread

raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Infographics and commentary on them.

Comments

• drizbodrizbo Member

Where LET?

• mhnmhn Member

it looks well tbh, 20 hours per month is okay

• I'll admit I was wrong, I thought Facebook would have MySpace'd by now.

I rip music from YouTube, complain on Twitter, and learn the odd thing on Reddit. The rest can fuck off.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

I can't believe twitter is so low and FB is still being used by so many. FB is old news.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited June 2022

@Arkas said:
    I can't believe twitter is so low and FB is still being used by so many. FB is old news.

You forget that Facebook also runs a few other services.

Messenger, for example, is a service that many — including me — use to keep in touch with friends or trade/buy/sell through FB Marketplace.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@doghouch said: You forget that Facebook also runs a few other services.

Yes, the other services are listed under the service name in the graph. Whatsapp, messenger, instagram...etc...

• @Arkas said:

@doghouch said: You forget that Facebook also runs a few other services.

Yes, the other services are listed under the service name in the graph. Whatsapp, messenger, instagram...etc...

I guess it was more directed at the “FB is old news” comment. If you’re referring to specifically their main platform: yeah, you’d be pretty spot on.

It’s just a deluge of far right/religious garbage that I couldn’t be arsed to read.

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • Well, I would bet that TikTok values are getting higher soon, I see tons of people spending hours on TikTok per day

• szarkaszarka Member

@Arkas said:

Old news for old people. But using Facebook's dating app means I don't accidentally run into my students. Which would be awkward.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@MiguelM said: Well, I would bet that TikTok values are getting higher soon, I see tons of people spending hours on TikTok per day

Yeah, I am going to get more into it. I see kids on it all the time, it's probably the future youtube.
    Here is a free class, it wont be free for long so If you want to learn about it jump on it. This is not an affiliate link and I'm in no way affiliated with udemy.

TikTok Marketing Mastery 2022

Thanked by 1MiguelM
  • Tony40Tony40 Member
    edited June 2022

TikTok is moving up... even google know it, youtube got into the short videos now. is a Big market!

In The News Today.
    Exclusive: TikTok moves U.S. user data to Oracle servers
    https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-tiktok-moves-us-user-data-oracle-servers-company-2022-06-17/

• varwwwvarwww Member

Compare it with cloudflare stats from "Most Popular Domains" https://radar.cloudflare.com/?date_filter=last_30_days

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@varwww said: Compare it with cloudflare stats from "Most Popular Domains"

I'm surprised ebay isn't on the list. Wasn't it the 2nd or 3rd domain with the most traffic?

• Youtube and Reddit are the only things I use really.

An Instagram post once a year to let people know I'm still alive (?)

• @Tony40 said: TikTok is moving up... even google know it, youtube got into the short videos now. is a Big market!

This "market" were manually prepared by "big boys". And to be honest this is not about market, this is about prepared generation of new fresh people, and prepared patterns how they will think, what they will watch, eat, drink, consume.

To understand what will be trend after 10 years, need to check what were hype 2-3 years ago, but failed after a year or so.

(hint: VR, VR games)

There were vines, there were short videos, but current at that time generation did not accept that due were not prepared by 3rd party opinions for that. Now they do.

Thanked by 1Tony40
  • varwwwvarwww Member

@Arkas said: I'm surprised ebay isn't on the list. Wasn't it the 2nd or 3rd domain with the most traffic?

It's in the top 100. Only popular in US? https://radar.cloudflare.com/domain/ebay.com

Thanked by 1Arkas
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

5 years later, turns out IBM's crystal ball isn't better than anyone else's.

• szarkaszarka Member

To be fair, not having a medical lab on a chip probably has as much to do with the FDA as anything else. Though, obviously, that was also foreseeable.

And I think we do have the AI mental health thing, except we got the shitty dystopian version instead.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • @raindog308 said:
    5 years later, turns out IBM's crystal ball isn't better than anyone else's.

What do you mean? Those crystal balls kill the typical Christmas/snow crystal balls.

• @szarka said:
    To be fair, not having a medical lab on a chip probably has as much to do with the FDA as anything else. Though, obviously, that was also foreseeable.

And I think we do have the AI mental health thing, except we got the shitty dystopian version instead.

Theranos fucked up the AI training is what happened.

Thanked by 1raindog308