Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner - Being charged twice for the same server and ip?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner - Being charged twice for the same server and ip?

xrzxrz Member
edited June 2022 in Help

Did anyone was in same situation that in invoice you got quantity 2 per the same server and ip ? Server is auction so no, no setup fees also.

The problem is i need to pay in order to keep the server as their support is on Monday.

Will they refund me then?

Comments

• edited June 2022

should have checked your invoice directly after they sent it.. and pay later on :D

they should refund if they found abnormalities in their billing system

Thanked by 1xrz
  • xrzxrz Member
    edited June 2022

I pay manually via paypal, i check before pay, so i spotted the price was no okay.
    and yes it is abnormality to pay 2x for the same server
    btw its not only the server i need to pay 2x, i also need to pay 2x the same IP :D like wtf

• Perhaps you pay for two months? It is possible with a new server and your billing day the first invoice is for two months.

• LeeLee Veteran

@xrz said: Will they refund me then?

If it's an error, of course, they will.

• Thank you for the thread.

Quadrupled invoices. Tripuled condolences. Thanks

• afnafn Member
    edited June 2022

They don't auto refund it their is a mistake, if you notice a mistake, no one can confirm except them.

Are you new to Hetzner? first invoice with them?
    Second, did you read carefully, are both lines for the same period? look at the dates.

@xrz said: Did anyone was in same situation that in invoice you got quantity 2 per the same server and ip ?

Honestly, there is no need to make a thread, even if someone had the same problem, what would that add to you? You didn't even post the invoice for us to read it. Just contact their billing service. Also, no you don't need to pay before Monday to keep the server, I have no idea where you got that date from, but Hetzner invoices don't have a "fixed termination date".

Also, even if they're are at the wrong, they will still make you pay the full invoice, and issue a reversal invoice to refund you, they don't modify invoices on the fly.

• ralfralf Member

Vielen dank, dien Rechnung ist verdoppelt.

(Thanks, your invoice has been doubled)

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited June 2022

Recently they started billing the IP's separate from the server (Hetzner Cloud not auction/dedicated server). The bill remained the same for me as previous month. Maybe they are planning to allow Cloud servers without IPv4?

• AXYZEAXYZE Member

@varwww said:
    Recently they started billing the IP's separate from the server (Hetzner Cloud not auction/dedicated server). The bill remained the same for me as previous month. Maybe they are planning to allow Cloud servers without IPv4?

"Cloud servers and public IPv4 addresses will soon be billed separately. The total price for cloud servers together with their public IPv4 is the same as before. At the moment, not all servers are affected yet. This will change over the coming few weeks."
    https://console.hetzner.cloud/usage

Thanked by 1varwww