Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BunnyCDN is marked as phishing website on Microsoft Edge
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BunnyCDN is marked as phishing website on Microsoft Edge

pkrpkr Member

I am using BunnyCDN's WordPress plugin to serve static contents (CSS/js/image). Recently I found that Microsoft Edge is not allowing me to open my website. When I debugged the issue, I found that it was happening due to BunnyCDN's URL for the CSS and JS pages.

Has anyone found this issue? What is the fix?

Comments

• pkrpkr Member

I contacted them. They have submitted a request to MS. I am wondering if it's just me or if others are also having this issue?

• varwwwvarwww Member

@pkr said:

I contacted them. They have submitted a request to MS. I am wondering if it's just me or if others are also having this issue?

Yup, now you just have to wait for Microsoft to remove the phishing flag. Maybe some customer used bunnycdn to host such content. This happens on Google Chrome too due to "Safe Browsing" - https://safebrowsing.google.com/ if too many people report.

• microsoft edge... :s :D who use that..

Thanked by 2Chuck bulbasaur
  • LeeLee Veteran

@dedicados said: microsoft edge... who use that..

Surprisingly good though.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Lee said:

@dedicados said: microsoft edge... who use that..

Surprisingly good though.

Very good. Finally moved from fucking IE11 at work.

Thanked by 3Lee Chuck Erisa
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said: Very good. Finally moved from fucking IE11 at work.

Same, a lot of users complained, they like 11 better! You're a user, STFU you don't know what's good.

• rustelekomrustelekom Member, Patron Provider

Edge work fine but it is based on Google Chrome engine. Actually, browser market now is very limited. Most of users use Chrome, FireFox used about 5-8% of users now according our experience.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited June 2022

@dedicados said:
    microsoft edge... :s :D who use that..

better web browser compare to Google chrome.

Google chrome like to cache all the website.

• @WebProject said: Google chrome like to cache all the website.

It's almost like it improves the user experience hey!

• polzpolz Member

when you dont know what are you doing just make a false then lets employe work

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Still using Chrome, need to use Edge more, it hasn't won my fancy as yet

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@risharde said: Still using Chrome, need to use Edge more

Why?

It's not the world isn't already lousy with web browsers. Chrome, Firefox...well, I'll just stop right there because that's already one more than I need. Who needs Edge?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Nekki said: Very good. Finally moved from fucking IE11 at work.

We still have a system with IE6 on an isolated subnet because there's this one really old app...

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@raindog308 said:

@risharde said: Still using Chrome, need to use Edge more

Why?

It's not the world isn't already lousy with web browsers. Chrome, Firefox...well, I'll just stop right there because that's already one more than I need. Who needs Edge?

Hope I understand the why you are asking if not please let me know.

I've been reading the posts and it seems Edge is claiming to be more secure (I don't know how) but if that is the case, that would be a 'fair' reason for me to switch however more importantly me for me for the past few years was the page inspection tools in Chrome which is vital to my daily work and hence I depend on it and have grown accustomed to it (saving me time of perhaps learning if there are differences with Edge)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited June 2022

@risharde said:
    Edge is claiming to be more secure (I don't know how)

By integrating Microsoft SmartScreen out of the box + complete browser isolation using Application Guard (but you need to setup that) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployedge/microsoft-edge-security-windows-defender-application-guard

Thanked by 1risharde
  • kevindskevinds Member, LIR

@Nekki said:
    Very good. Finally moved from fucking IE11 at work.

The biggest issue with IE has always been that it is strict in following published standards for coding.

Chrome has always been forgiving of coding mistakes, it seems to try and guess what the code is supposed to be, then display/render that.

Firefox was in between the two.

Developers, instead of fixing their site, tell the users to use Chrome, after a while, decided to only test in Chrome, so their sites don't work as well in other browsers.

If you want a painful experience, install a Windows OS that didn't include IE..

• ArkasArkas Moderator

If you're on Linux, you should definitely give ungoogled-chromium a try. It's basically Chrome without the Google spy tools, I meant dependencies...
    https://github.com/ungoogled-software/ungoogled-chromium

and it's open source.